SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 23rd April 2007, 13:33

Default eCounselling

I've never spoken to a counsellor, except for once when I was at school when we took my friend to see one. In a way I think what's the point if they don't tell you what to do... silly I know. But I've got to the point where I need to talk to someone but I have no one close to listen and I need a perspective. I mean I have a few friends who are good at listening but I don't see them much now and it feels awful calling up to get them to listen to me moan! I'm so self involved at the moment which is another reason for me to be depressed!
I know The Samaritans do a e-mail service, but you get one reply and you can't carry on the convo with the same person. I saw on this site something about this uni having a service where you wrote to the counsellor and on a certain day every week you'd get a reply, from the same person, until you don't need it so much. This may help but I wondered if anyone knows of a service such as that on the internet or something?!!
Old 23rd April 2007, 16:58
muppet

Default Re: eCounselling

Hello.... its me! I dont know of any services that do that online so will be interested to find out myself! But i know sometimes all you wanna do is talk to someone...know that feeling well. All I can say is that if you cant find anyone youre welcome to pm me anytime, I wont have the answers but I am actually a good listener! (pity I cant do the talking thing ! I was always better at helping others than myself Anyway good luck and feel free!
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:12

Mood
Fine

Default Re: eCounselling

I have done an online CBT course before, but not counselling I am afraid...

But if you are interested check out www.livinglifetothefull.com , it is a free service provided by the scottish NHS (you don't have to be scottish to use it)

I don't know if that is of any help to you but it could be worh a try...
Closed Thread