SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 10th February 2007, 19:24
Ruby1

Default Sausages

I feel a bit of a ninny for posting amongst peeps who have made some REAL achievements but it's so rare i do anything to make me pleased with meself so i'm poking me head round the trophy room corner heyo peeps

I decided last week that enough is enough i never go anywhere i stay in my safe little room in my safe little street until my hubby saves me from the bubble and takes me somewhere but even then i basically cling to him the whole time and let him be my voice, sight point of view...I don't feel a REAL person in my own right he does things out of kindness but i wish i didn't depend on him so much. In his words "it's like being a single father when we go anywhere, it's like you're a child" that hurt but i know he's right my social skills are so behind i'm like a scared little kid.

Today i took my two daughters on a bus thing on my own into town to have some girlie retail fun. It felt wierd without clinging to an arm for dear life. I was the adult cause i HAD to be the adult and i surprised myself with how i coped, staying calm being served in shops, ordering some food and feeling semi relaxed in the cafe, my best bit was when a shop assistant spoke to me not looking past me to my hubby but ME wow! That felt good. I managed a smile proper eye contact and even opened my mouth and talked to her and i don't think she knew i was nervous at all yay! Think my kids were surprised too.
I've decided i'm really gonna push myself from now on and hopefully start to feel that warm glowy feeling of being an adult.
Old 10th February 2007, 19:33

Default Re: Sausages

well done roobs! i hope this inspires you to do more things like this and end up liking yourself a bit more
Old 10th February 2007, 19:40

Way to go, Ruby
Old 10th February 2007, 20:01

Mood
Sad

Well done Ruby

Keep it up and remember that the more you do it the easier (and less anxiety provoking) it gets!
Old 10th February 2007, 20:11

Mood
Sneaky

ruby, that is seriously awesome! you better be treating yourself right this evening! send hubby out for some ben and jerrys or whatever is your poison, you rule!
Old 10th February 2007, 21:31
Intro Guy

Well done, Sarah
Old 10th February 2007, 21:42
Banned (by own request)

Good work, Miss Roobs. A positive step in a positive direction. Smells like victory to me.

Congratulations and celebrations
Old 11th February 2007, 11:05

Mood
Happy

That's great!!!!! I hate going into town on weekends cos I get a panicky - and also great for ordering the food - my boyf is almost as shy as me so whenever we go out we end up having a little argument about who's ordering - although now I'm in Spain I have no choice as I'm the only one who speaks Spanish!
Old 11th February 2007, 12:17
Ruby1

Aww thank you sexy folks you made ruby feel all squijjy and i could come kissy you all

I woke this morning thinking did i really do that, i know it's only a teeny acomplishment but as me ole ma used to say 'from tiny oak trees mighty acorns do grow' or somat like that anyways
Old 11th February 2007, 12:41

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby1
I woke this morning thinking did i really do that, i know it's only a teeny acomplishment
get real! you did great!
Old 11th February 2007, 12:56
Ruby1

Thanks Mr S your scrummy
Old 11th February 2007, 14:32

An inspiration to us all
Old 11th February 2007, 14:39
Ruby1

Thank you mr nana your post means alot to me chuck, i found it very inspirational indeed

I think for a long time i've been happy to stay static, static = safety, but in the last few months i've become deeply unhappy scared in my own home bout gawd knows what and thinking i don't want to look back at my life in my old folks home and think we'll i stuffed that up didn't i. That thought scares the shit out of me so wherever the other route takes me i guess i can't lose by trying and have to say i feel so much better already.

Thankies mr biccie
Old 11th February 2007, 17:38
Ruby1

Cheers madge
Old 13th February 2007, 16:05

Hey Roobs, i've not been here for a few days and so i've only just seen this but i just had to say
You've even made someone think about social anxiety and all its various levels, so you've achieved a hell of a lot, not just by your actions but by your post too
You really shouldn't feel demeaned in any way when your hubby says it's like being with a child because, in effect, that's exactly what we all are in the sense we're trying to learn social skills. He is very easy for you to "hide behind" when you're out but when you're with your kids it's you, and only you, who is the responsible adult and the one shopkeepers and the like will look at and deal with, so i think it would be a great idea for you to take your kids out on your own again whenever you feel able
Remember Roobs, don't look at it as "gawd, all i did was get on a bus and order some food and talk to someone on the till, and most people wouldn't think twice about it, let alone consider it an achievement", think of it as i DO struggle with those kind of social skills because i am still trying to learn them through no fault of my own but, bugger me, i STILL did them and i'm bloody proud of myself
Nice one our Roobs
Old 13th February 2007, 16:20
Ruby1

Thanks bud i'm kinda embarrassed bout starting a thread in the trophy room, not really my style to do that but anyways will deffo keep trying to kick a bit of ass and stop being such a scaredy ninny.
Old 13th February 2007, 16:45

Well done Rooby-kins I am dead proud of you!! I'm sure that before long you'll be able to conquer the world cos you iz seriously cool but baby steps for now. ...you're doing brilliant.
And this is from another scaredy ninny who gets a billion heart attacks if I do anything outside my little sofa-sized comfort zone, so I know just what you're going through -- it is tough, but well worth it in the end.
Old 13th February 2007, 17:28
Ruby1

Thanks for the encouragement lovely lady *squeezy huggles you* I think your amazing how you handle things despite your fears....definately an inspiration to old roobs
Old 14th February 2007, 01:38

Mood
Pensive

Well done Ruby!
Old 14th February 2007, 05:29

Major success! Excellent! Plus you got some sausages lol result
Old 14th February 2007, 11:30
Ruby1

Thanks guys yeah the sausages have been real good to me

Taking the kids out again in a mo, to one of them public places what has many peoples in it, holy macaroni i must be going completely mad
Old 14th February 2007, 11:37

Mood
Pensive

^ That's brilliant Ruby - you're on a roll
Old 14th February 2007, 11:40
Ruby1

Thanks m'dear
Old 14th February 2007, 13:17

And keep smiling cos Sausages rock lol