SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 23rd June 2018, 15:48

Mood
Sad

Default Abuse from family member

I've been on the receiving end of abusive behaviour in recent years by various family members because of my sexuality. There is one family member in particular who is very abusive. It's difficult to describe in words what she does. She makes sudden head jerking movements from side to side, lowers her head and glares at me under her eyelids and hisses. She also makes very aggressive umph type sounds and mutters things I can't catch under her breath. She's so ****ing rude. This is coming up in my flashbacks a lot this past week. I very rarely see her these days. How would you deal with this person next time you saw her in person?
Old 24th June 2018, 11:39

Default Re: Abuse from family member

To be honest this sounds ridiculous!

Maybe you need to have a talk with her one to one, and say if she carries on like that you're not seeing her again.
Old 24th June 2018, 12:12

Mood
Fine

Sound more like she was having some sort of psychotic episode
Old 25th June 2018, 09:58

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink*Lady
She makes sudden head jerking movements from side to side, lowers her head and glares at me under her eyelids and hisses. She also makes very aggressive umph type sounds and mutters things I can't catch under her breath.
honestly think she could need sectioned, under the mental health act

her bizarre behaviour reminds me of a scene from the film 'The Exorcist'
Old 27th June 2018, 20:01

Mood
Sad

Thanks to everyone for all your replies.
Old 13th September 2018, 08:22
Banned

It's military abuse. They're using Army bullying techniques at home. Have they Army background?
Old 15th September 2018, 16:14

Mood
Sad

Thanks for your replies everyone and apologies for not having replied sooner. I haven't been on here for a while for various reasons one of which is my leaky ceiling which STILL hasn't been fixed so I've now sought advice about this but that's another matter...

I went to see my GP this week and told him how low I'm feeling recently with suicidal thoughts although I won't act on them, hearing whispering with insults directed at me, the disrepair problem I've got with my landlord and how it's making me feel and the flashbacks I'm having as a consequence of being bullied in the past. I also explained I'd started a new job about 4 months ago and had moved recently. He listened to what I said and made notes as I spoke. I almost started crying at one point but kept talking. He's put me back on antidepressants and will refer me to a local mental health team in the area. I'll have to wait to hear from them. I've got an appointment to go back and see my GP in a month.

As for my family member I'm going to ignore that person.

Thanks again everyone for all your support.

Pink*Lady x