SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 30th March 2018, 19:56

Default Getting things in order

Does anyone else find their mental health improves if they adopt a clean tidy and ordered environment?

I have recently be doing every room in my flat in a zen style decoration. Its been so relaxing, Ive cleared out a lot of clutter and really enjoyed the process.

Being surrounded by beautiful candles and ornaments makes my home a nice and relaxed place to return to after a days work.

Any thoughts?
Old 30th March 2018, 20:13

Default Re: Getting things in order

Would definitely agree. I***8217;m not a ***8216;tidy***8217; person and I notice that my mental health deteriorates rapidly when I***8217;ve allowed chaos to enter every part of my home. The feeling of regaining control when I start to tidy up is so uplifting. I know I feel happier in myself as a person. When everything is cluttered it makes me view myself as a poor excuse for a human being. When I actively take charge again I start to view myself in a slightly more positive way.
Old 30th March 2018, 20:23

Having organisation in my surroundings definitely improves my mood. As well as having a calming space to be in, also the process of making it organised relaxes me. One of my main things to do with excess energy or to cope with stress is to clean things. It's instantly gratifying because you see the results straight away.
Old 30th March 2018, 20:31

Mood
Shoveit

I think having tidy living space definitely helps to boost your moods and keep a positive( ish) outlook. Though I have a few draws that are crammed with crap :0 and I avoid opening them. The end.
Old 30th March 2018, 20:45

Mood
Shoveit

^ im sure he'd fit in a drawer more of a black hole really.
Old 30th March 2018, 20:45

Mood
Bashful

I***8217;m disorganised to the max I live in stink and filth it doesn***8217;t bother me. Clothes everywhere l, paper all over, even been known to eat food from the bin. But my dad comes round and tidied once a week and I like it better when it***8217;s clean just really too lazy to do it. I don***8217;t even wash every day or brush my teeth I really am that scruffy.