SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 25th July 2018, 11:32

Mood
Lurking

Default Wobbling legs when walking in a busy street.

My SA has been quite bad recently and yesterday I was in a crowded shopping area walking home and felt like I'd lost control of my legs. I felt like they were going in all directions and wobbly and I kept walking into people and it was just too busy.

Anyone else have SA related problems with something so straight-forward as walking?
Old 25th July 2018, 22:41

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Wobbling legs when walking in a busy street.

My walking has been funny at times in the past, , and lately too, oddly enough,
It's something that's only troublesome when you become too conscious of it and focus on it too much,

I think if you walk a lot, you get better and it becomes more natural and simple,
But if I've been static for a while, it's like I'm learning to walk again.

Focus from others can simply make what could be natural, feel unnatural
Old 26th July 2018, 11:59

Mood
Nerdy

^ I've done the pouring drinks at your face thing too.

I get the shakes eating around people I don't know very well, I get this hand tremor when I put the fork to my mouth. Peas are a nightmare I tell ya

Sometimes I get a weird sensation that my legs aren't attached to my body and they're just carrying me around, bizarre.
Old 28th July 2018, 01:42

If it's not walking, it's talking for me! If I've got something I'm burning to say, but I'm too scared to speak up, my mouth goes into these spasms. It must look hilarious, like I could be smiling or crying. I have no control, haha. So I become like a topsy-turvy clown face. And because of eye-contact and the like, it is so hard to just hide my face as it makes it more obvious!
Old 28th July 2018, 13:36

I get a throat spasm, if I want to say something that's hard for me. Usually mid speech. Very frustrating.
Old 28th July 2018, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde33
My SA has been quite bad recently and yesterday I was in a crowded shopping area walking home and felt like I'd lost control of my legs. I felt like they were going in all directions and wobbly and I kept walking into people and it was just too busy.

Anyone else have SA related problems with something so straight-forward as walking?
Not for a few years, but yes, I've had that before.

Especially when walking beside a busy road, I felt like all eyes were on me as if I was on a stage and it made my legs feel pretty wonky.
Old 29th July 2018, 21:18

^ I haven't had the wobbly legs for a while now, it happened mostly in my teens, but then I don't go out walking by myself much anymore. Also, thanks Messer for posting - I honestly thought I was alone in my weird affliction. I never knew it was possible or that my anxiety was that bad. I suppose the first step is owning up to the fact that I need to re-think my lifestyle, and tackle these issues.
Old 29th July 2018, 22:05

Mood
Alienated

I recently had therapy for getting the shakes, especially in my legs. I attend meetings once a week at work. There is about 30 of us sitting in a box shape room, very small, sitting next to each other, knees almost touching. My legs constantly shake. Surprisingly, people haven't noticed or at least haven't said anything. But it bothered me so much. My therapist gave me some exercises to do which has helped a little.