SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th July 2018, 16:16

Mood
Nerdy

Default Long term physical effects of anxiety.

I know that anxiety and panic can't physically hurt you (immediately) but I've been thinking about how this affects you in the long term.

I went to the doctors last week and he took my blood pressure and looked really concerned that my heart rate was 110. I told him I suffer from anxiety and it's probably just that, but he's referred me to a cardiologist to be on the safe side. Now this in itself has made me a bit paranoid and anxious.

These kind of symptoms, racing heart, fatigue from being so wired all of the time can't be good for you in the long term surely? It impacts your health so much, your gut, your ability to sleep etc
I genuinely think I would be so much healthier and energised if I didn't have to deal with this, it becomes a negative feedback loop. At the moment I feel pretty unwell.

I think the physical nature of anxiety is often really underestimated, especially by professionals who tell you to push through how you feel, that it can't hurt you.

I'm feeling very frustrated by it all, I'd give anything to just feel relaxed and able to enjoy life! I'm sure people here can relate.
Old 29th July 2018, 18:10

Default Re: Long term physical effects of anxiety.

I have had slightly elevated blood pressure on one occasion, but I do put that down to GPs making me feel anxious. It's been fine the rest of the time.