SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 31st July 2016, 15:51

Mood
Sunshine

Default Has anyone been placed on to "Work programme" recently? (Triage Scotland)

My disability advisor has placed me on a work programme as Im on JSA ,run by Triage in Scotland/Fife and I got a phone call on Friday asking a little about me, including how long id been unemployed and for what reason (Where I told them I had Social anxiety) I was then told id get a letter through the post about an induction and I asked if this would be in a classroom filled with people and told it would and then a one to one meeting.

Now Im fairly anxious about it all. I dont mind seeing an advisor, but the thought of having to attend a classroom full of people(Which is probably my worst anxiety situation) possibly every week is filling me with dread.
Old 1st August 2016, 12:55

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: Has anyone been placed on to "Work programme" recently? (Triage Scotland)

Talk it over with your disability advisor maybe, as you shouldn't be pushed to do something which is too difficult due to your anxiety. As far as I know, legally speaking they are not allowed to force you into things for this reason.

Also, check whether you have a choice whether to take part in the work programme (sometimes you do, but you might have to push to get them to admit it). And also ask whether if you start the programme you must continue with it (sometimes this is the case) or if you can opt out at any stage.

Good luck!
Old 1st August 2016, 16:12

Mood
Innocent

Default Re: Has anyone been placed on to "Work programme" recently? (Triage Scotland)

Yes and I've been on all the wellbeing classes, you shouldn't be forced to talk in them classes. Quite a lot of people just sit in the class and say nothing.

I'm at Ingeus so I don't know if it's any different to where you are going.

My disability advisor also had no choice to but to put me on the work programme. I don't really have anything positive to say about the work programme but some of the staff can be really nice.
Old 1st August 2016, 17:25

Mood
Sunshine

Thanks for the replies!

Got a letter through the door today, with my induction date and it had an email address on it, I emailed them explaining my situation and they emailed back, managed to get a later appointment, when they say its quiet and assured me its 1 to 1
Old 1st August 2016, 21:48

Mood
Brooding

I had to go on that, due to long term unemployment. There's a bit of CV writing, job search and much of the time is filled up with silly games like hangman and crosswords, because they need to fill it out to 30 hours. I was fortunate to avoid workfare, because A4E didn't have enough vacancies for everyone. Instead, I just had to go to an office in central Glasgow 5 days a week to do fruitless job searches.
Old 5th August 2016, 07:19

I'm glad you got a 1to1 apt instead. I know people on this, they say its ok and found a lot of the advice use full. My suggestion is to keep a diary of dates times names of staff and what happened so if there are any issues you have some form of evidence. All the best.
Old 5th August 2016, 22:09

Is this at Carlyle House?

If it is, take a bottle of water with you, it looks posh from the outside, and even more posh on the inside.

I just remember years ago, that the place was fukin roasting.

No matter where it is - you will need water.

I wish you the best.
Old 6th August 2016, 17:19

Mood
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowonthewall
I had to go on that, due to long term unemployment. There's a bit of CV writing, job search and much of the time is filled up with silly games like hangman and crosswords, because they need to fill it out to 30 hours. I was fortunate to avoid workfare, because A4E didn't have enough vacancies for everyone. Instead, I just had to go to an office in central Glasgow 5 days a week to do fruitless job searches.
Damn, sounds horrific !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi4
I'm glad you got a 1to1 apt instead. I know people on this, they say its ok and found a lot of the advice use full. My suggestion is to keep a diary of dates times names of staff and what happened so if there are any issues you have some form of evidence. All the best.
Will do. Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 17:24

Mood
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Between The Bars
Is this at Carlyle House?

If it is, take a bottle of water with you, it looks posh from the outside, and even more posh on the inside.

I just remember years ago, that the place was fukin roasting.

No matter where it is - you will need water.

I wish you the best.
Nah, its a soulless "new build" in a Business Park Which is fairly horrible, as office interiors remind me of my High School :-/