SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 5th December 2013, 19:11

Default Re: The living with others compatibility test

Why don't OkCupid use these as their match questions?

1. Does the toilet paper go over or under the roll? Over. Only freaks use under.
2. Cats? Dogs? Both? Both. Why not?
3. Can you eat breakfast for dinner? Not unless you get up at 5pm.
4. Cold pizza: yes or no? Hell yes. What were going to do, throw it out?
5. Is it acceptable to open presents as they arrive or do you have to wait for the actual birthday or holiday? Eh... acceptable, but not as fun.
6. Should the dirty forks and knives go in the dishwasher with the handle sticking out of the utensil tray or down in the utensil tray? Handle sticking out, so no one trips and falls on the dishwasher and bleeds to death with a fork in their stomach. That would be tragic.
7. Is it acceptable to leave dishes in the sink to "soak" overnight, or do they need to be cleaned before bed? Clean straight away. Lazy gits.
8. Toothpaste: cap on or cap off? ON.
9. Again on the toothpaste: roll it from the bottom or just squeeze really hard? Squeeze from the bottom.
10. Are towels a one-time use item or do you use the same towel until laundry day? Uh... how many towels would I get through a day if I went with option one? Would be better to just install a full body Dyson Airblade.
11. How about washcloths? I should install a carwash in my bathroom.
12. Road trip or flying? Flying. Planes have leg room... usually.
13. What's the right thread count for sheets? Who's got time to count the threads in their sheets? You'll be asking me to count the number of corn flakes in the packet next.
14. What brand of toilet paper? Supermarket's own, bitches.
16. Pepsi or Coke? Coke.
18. What is YOUR definition of camping? Drowning in a field in the middle of nowhere.
19. Turn the thermostat down when you go out or leave it alone? Dooooown.
20. At what point is a garbage bag too full to stuff more trash in it? When, if you put any more rubbish in, you wouldn't be able to tie the top.
21. How many times is it acceptable to hit the snooze button? None. Just set your alarm later if that's what you're going to do, surely?
23. How far in advance is it OK to plan a vacation? No limit, really.
24. Restaurant reservations: necessary or too restrictive? Better safe than sorry.
25. Roller coasters: love 'em or hate 'em? Depends if they go upside-down or not. Motion sickness isn't fun.
26. More chocolate chips, less cookie or more cookie, less chips? Neither. Chocolate hobnobs über alles.
27. How much orange juice must be left in the container for it to be returned to the fridge? More than a drip.
28. Chip clips or just roll the bag up? Roll!
29. Call the doctor or just take some medicine at home? The latter... until it becomes unfeasible.
30. Where is the prime location for the TV remote to stay? In front of the TV if no one's using it. On an arm rest if someone is.
31. Is it OK to have a TV in the bedroom? Absolutely.
32. Should folded clothes be put away, or is it OK to just pull as needed from the basket of clean laundry? Put them away, you lazy bastards.
33. Do you need to write a grocery list or just wait until you're walking around the store to figure out what you need? Only if I'm getting something out of the ordinary that I might forget otherwise.
34. Making the bed: must-do or waste of time because you're just going to get back in it? Must do. It takes a second. Well, assuming you don't do riverdance in your sleep or something.
35. Is it OK to shave/clip toenails in the living room? **** no.

I now want to know my closest match and worst enemy.
Old 5th December 2013, 19:29

1. Does the toilet paper go over or under the roll?

Over, obviously.

2. Cats? Dogs? Both?

Cats, obviously.

3. Can you eat breakfast for dinner?

Sure, why the feck not.

4. Cold pizza: yes or no?

Yes, or hot, as long as there is pizza.

5. Is it acceptable to open presents as they arrive or do you have to wait for the actual birthday or holiday?

You must wait. (But a sneaky squidge of it in the run up is perfectly acceptable.)

6. Should the dirty forks and knives go in the dishwasher with the handle sticking out of the utensil tray or down in the utensil tray?

Handle down. Even if you stab yourself on the knives.

7. Is it acceptable to leave dishes in the sink to "soak" overnight, or do they need to be cleaned before bed?

Soak them or leave them till you can be bothered/convince someone else to do them.

8. Toothpaste: cap on or cap off?

Who has a cap on their toothpaste tube these days? I have a flippy lid, which I close until the gunky toothpaste clogs it, then I leave it.

9. Again on the toothpaste: roll it from the bottom or just squeeze really hard?

If it's full, the choice is yours. If it's empty, squidge from the bottom.

10. Are towels a one-time use item or do you use the same towel until laundry day?

Till they walk themselves to thee laundry.

11. How about washcloths?

Likewise.

12. Road trip or flying?

Road trip.

13. What's the right thread count for sheets?

Couldn't give a monkey's

14. What brand of toilet paper?

See above.

16. Pepsi or Coke?

Coke please.

18. What is YOUR definition of camping?

Sleeping outside/in a tent/in a caravan.

19. Turn the thermostat down when you go out or leave it alone?

I wouldn't bother having it on in the first place.

20. At what point is a garbage bag too full to stuff more trash in it?

When the lid won't close.

21. How many times is it acceptable to hit the snooze button?

As many times as necessary to wind up being 10 minutes late, no more no less.

23. How far in advance is it OK to plan a vacation?

As long as it will take to save for it.

24. Restaurant reservations: necessary or too restrictive?

Depends on the restaurant.

25. Roller coasters: love 'em or hate 'em?

Dislike.

26. More chocolate chips, less cookie or more cookie, less chips?

More chocolate.

27. How much orange juice must be left in the container for it to be returned to the fridge?

1 tumbler's worth.

28. Chip clips or just roll the bag up?

Roll it baby.

29. Call the doctor or just take some medicine at home?

Depends. Do you need to go to the doctor? Then go! If not, take some painkillers and rest up.

30. Where is the prime location for the TV remote to stay?

On my lap.

31. Is it OK to have a TV in the bedroom?

Of course.

32. Should folded clothes be put away, or is it OK to just pull as needed from the basket of clean laundry?

From the basket.

33. Do you need to write a grocery list or just wait until you're walking around the store to figure out what you need?

Walk round till inspiration strikes.

34. Making the bed: must-do or waste of time because you're just going to get back in it?

Total waste of time.

35. Is it OK to shave/clip toenails in the living room?

Yeah.
Old 5th December 2013, 20:25

1. Does the toilet paper go over or under the roll?
I have mine over but as long as it's accessible I can't say I'd mind too much!

2. Cats? Dogs? Both?
Any combination! =)

3. Can you eat breakfast for dinner?
Sure; I'd never object to cereal regardless of the time, hehe!

4. Cold pizza: yes or no?
I enjoy it hot or cold.

5. Is it acceptable to open presents as they arrive or do you have to wait for the actual birthday or holiday?

I'm one who waits but that's purely out of habit, I think.

6. Should the dirty forks and knives go in the dishwasher with the handle sticking out of the utensil tray or down in the utensil tray?
Ideally down so the metal part is more available to the water.

7. Is it acceptable to leave dishes in the sink to "soak" overnight, or do they need to be cleaned before bed?
As long as they're cleaned then I don't see a problem, though the water can get a bit smelly if left for too long!

8. Toothpaste: cap on or cap off?
I always have the cap on to keep it nice and fresh.

9. Again on the toothpaste: roll it from the bottom or just squeeze really hard?
I'll sometimes roll it up when it's very low.

10. Are towels a one-time use item or do you use the same towel until laundry day?
I use a towel, put it on the radiator for the next day and use it again; then it hits the washing machine!

11. How about washcloths?
I'm usually more sparing with these but I couldn't put an exact timeframe on when I pop them in the spinny machine.

12. Road trip or flying?
Road trips would be the more social but flying can be pretty cool assuming it's not a 12-hour flight or something!

13. What's the right thread count for sheets?
I have no idea what this is referring to...

14. What brand of toilet paper?
Usually the cheapest; I don't quite get the point of luxury toilet paper given what it will be used for...

16. Pepsi or Coke?
I've not had any carbonated drinks in a long time but I'd choose Pepsi if I had to.

18. What is YOUR definition of camping?
Big tent, gas stove and lots of cozy clothing! I like to keep technology to a minimum, too, as that's what most people are trying to escape in one form or another.

19. Turn the thermostat down when you go out or leave it alone?
I always turn the heating off when I won't be around to enjoy the warmth.

20. At what point is a garbage bag too full to stuff more trash in it?
When it's full, I guess... XD

21. How many times is it acceptable to hit the snooze button?
Depends on what's planned; I'm sure I've 'accidentally' turned the alarm off many times subconsciensely before. Yes, accidentally! Honest!

23. How far in advance is it OK to plan a vacation?
I guess a month or so is reasonable?

24. Restaurant reservations: necessary or too restrictive?
I'd only go down the reservation route if it was a family outing or whatnot.

25. Roller coasters: love 'em or hate 'em?
I love them after I've been on them... but I'm a difficult person to get in the queue! A lot of obscenities come out of my mouth when the car is making its ascent.

26. More chocolate chips, less cookie or more cookie, less chips?
More cookie, less chips. The chips are seen as more of a treat that way... something to look forward to? XD

27. How much orange juice must be left in the container for it to be returned to the fridge?
I always put it back in the fridge unless there's a tiny amount left... my stomach is never too full to manage a tiny amount more!

28. Chip clips or just roll the bag up?
Is it bad to not know what this means?

29. Call the doctor or just take some medicine at home?

If it's something I've never experienced before then I'm usually at my doctors the next day. Having said that, I work for doctors so they're always around when I have a question.

30. Where is the prime location for the TV remote to stay?
I don't have a TV but I'd say the chair if I did have one?

31. Is it OK to have a TV in the bedroom?
Sure! A lot of people enjoy a movie before bed and what better place to enjoy it than in bed!

32. Should folded clothes be put away, or is it OK to just pull as needed from the basket of clean laundry?
My clothes tend to sit on an unused chair until I kick my backside in to putting them away properly, hehe!

33. Do you need to write a grocery list or just wait until you're walking around the store to figure out what you need?
I don't use lists, I just grab what looks nice!

34. Making the bed: must-do or waste of time because you're just going to get back in it?

I'll make it on the odd occasion but if nobody is ever going to see it then I don't see the point.

35. Is it OK to shave/clip toenails in the living room?
I personally do all of these things in the bathroom; the living room just doesn't sit right with me for being a place for grooming yourself.
Old 5th December 2013, 23:18

1. over if on a normal wall toilet paper thing, but I do it either way at home because we have this little cupboard thing where you slot the end of the roll through a little slot anyway.
2. I guess I like both but I'd rather live with cats I think, especially if they aren't mine.
3. I'd rather not.
4. eh, it's all right but I'd rather not.
5. I prefer to wait.
6. I have no idea as I've never used a dishwasher before in my life (only washing up by hand)
7. mm I don't like to do that. If I can't be bothered washing up I usually will let it soak a bit, then empty out the water from it and leave it for tomorrow. The water get's all cold and dirty and horrible over night otherwise. When I lived with other's we all had our own cutlery and such and I'd just keep stuff in my room if I was too busy/tired to wash up.
8. on.
9. I used to squeeze, it's less efficient though lol.
10. I use the same towel a few times.
11. like flannels? I use them a couple of times sometimes before washing, but less than towels usually.
12. Road trips are awesome, I don't mind flying either though.
13. no idea.
14. as long as it's relatively soft, it's fine. Some of the cheaper ones are a bit harsh.
15. Oh, there's no 15? :P
16. I don't really like cola.
17. ...
18. Sleeping somewhere outside in the open, either with or without a tent.
19. Usually turn the heating off unless I'm coming back quickly (like 5 - 10 minutes down the road to buy milk.)
20. there's a point when you just know.
21. I don't have snooze buttons on alarms, I usually fiddle with it once to reset it, and then just oversleep after the second alarm.
23. any amount of time?
24. Depends on the place as to whether it's necessary.
25. they're ok.
26. more chocolate chips.
27. I put it back in when there's a really small amount sometimes to be honest :P
28. I usually just roll bags up.
29. I've never called a doctor before while ill, one time I dragged myself to the local walk in centre. They didn't help at all.
30. next to the TV.
31. sure though I doubt I'd watch one, I don't watch much TV anyway really.
32. Yeah it's better to put them away.
33. Depends, if I have certain recipe's for food in mind that require stuff I don't normally buy, I'll write out a list. Otherwise I mostly just go.
34. I don't spend ages doing it, but I neaten it a little.
35. I wouldn't, I do that in my bedroom/the bathroom and put them in the bin/the toilet. If other's want to I probably would rather not watch them do it personally.