SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th September 2023, 13:01

Default HPylori

I have ordered a home test for H Pylori as Im sure I have a stomach issue my stomach is really strange recently. Im taking omneprazole which seems to be helping but Im sure something else is going on ..will be interesting to see what the test reveals!!

Anyone else suffered from this?
Old 9th September 2023, 15:13

Default Re: HPylori

Do you take any Nsaids?
I had a stomach ulcer once and was tested for Hpylori, but it was negative. It was caused by taking naproxen for my back.
Old 9th September 2023, 21:46

Yes I was taking ibuprofen for a long time for pain relief but was on omneprazole at the sane time with steroids. Its just I think my stomach is priducing too much acid for some reason and its really distressing me!
I havent used the test yet but I need to now . You have to take a sample of your poo though
Old 9th September 2023, 22:50

Mood
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy_pretty_Angela
Yes I was taking ibuprofen for a long time for pain relief but was on omneprazole at the sane time with steroids. Its just I think my stomach is priducing too much acid for some reason and its really distressing me!
I havent used the test yet but I need to now . You have to take a sample of your poo though
I've been on PPI's for over a year now due to excess stomach acid issues. Funnily enough Omeprazole didn't really work for me so he switched me to Lansoprazole which worked a lot better.

They tested for H Pylori too which they always do for any sort of stomach issue as a matter of course, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. The main concerns are always if you're bleeding or losing weight unexpectedly.

I've always had bad IBS issues my whole life so the GP seems to think it's probably just linked to that, can happen as you get a bit older, also thinks anxiety is playing a big part. My diet wasn't great so I made a big effort to sort that out and while that's helped my IBS a little it's not done anything for my stomach issues, sadly.
Old 10th September 2023, 19:13

I tried the test but did it wrong sadly. Im going to have to order another one!
Old 11th September 2023, 11:09

Tested negative! Weird
Old 11th September 2023, 11:15

Mood
Cynical

^ That's probably good. Are you having a lot of pain in your stomach?

I'm sure I read that when people have a lot of stress and anxiety they produce more stomach acid, and having seen how many people with a lot of anxiety struggle with problems related to that I think it must be true. Not sure what the reason is though! Maybe the gut brain connection.
Old 12th September 2023, 05:43

Mood
Blah

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...igestion-study

Might be of interest to people.