SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 3rd March 2010, 17:39
Banned

Default Looking like crap no matter what.

I feel like I actually look better when I'm unshaven and need a hair cut, when I'm a scruffy mess.

When I shave and cut my air I feel uglier and like my ugly mug is completely exposed.

I feel like all the hair covers up my ugly features and makes me look more masculine, but I can't go out looking like a caveman, because even though to myself I look better, to everyone else I look like a tramp.

I really do look fecking odd and about 12 when I actually tidy myself up. :rolleyes:

I can't fecking win.

Would'nt it be awesome to not give a shit about what you look like?
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:56

Default Re: Looking like crap no matter what.

Jeez, are they actually tiny monkeys in your avatar, or a huge hand?
I don't know what you look like but I suspect you don't look to others anywhere near as gruesome as you look to yourself. There are all sorts of different looking people out there and I think that the way they present themselves is more important than what they're born with, if you know what I mean. Most of the impression you get of a person is from body language rather than appearance. Unfortunately if you feel crap, that's how you'll come across to others.
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:00

Mood
Happy

I am the same.
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:28

Mood
Doh

I hate looking a mess when I'm around people.
HATE ITTT!!:rolleyes:
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbutnot
Jeez, are they actually tiny monkeys in your avatar, or a huge hand?
I don't know what you look like but I suspect you don't look to others anywhere near as gruesome as you look to yourself. There are all sorts of different looking people out there and I think that the way they present themselves is more important than what they're born with, if you know what I mean. Most of the impression you get of a person is from body language rather than appearance. Unfortunately if you feel crap, that's how you'll come across to others.
They're baby Pygmy Marmoset monkey's.

The smallest monkey in the world.

I've always fancied a couple as pets but they are primates so it's illegal to keep them.

Tbh when I have felt confident I've been able to present myself as a strong person around other males.

If I was around them now though I would'nt be able to do it and they would see how weak I am now.

I've always felt that I look weak, yet like I said there was a time when my looks did'nt affect how other males treated me because I could make them weary of me, which was obvioulsy down to my personality at the time and how confident I felt. Like you mention the way I carried and presented myself.

I always felt like shit though when it comes to attracting females.

Oh I dont fecking know what to think tbh and I'm filled with contradictions.

Its not that I think I look really pig ugly either.

I just feel that I look like a fecking weirdo and very odd looking.

I don't feel like I look masculine and it pisses me off.

Some people would say that a journeyman boxer with his face caved in looks ugly, but to me it does'nt.

I think I'm more odd, weird looking than pig ugly.

I'd rather be pig ugly and look tasty than look weird, odd and weak.

I need to go out and cause some fights so I can get my face busted up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplin
I am the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedGirl
I feel like I look awful all of the time and I never feel like I look right , no matter what others say.
The unshaven and scruffy hair can look good on men so don't worry. I've seen your pics and you look normal
You need to see me in real life from all angles tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenx
I hate looking a mess when I'm around people.
HATE ITTT!!:rolleyes:
So what do you do when you look like a mess, weird, whatever no matter what you do? :hmmm:

By the way I think you look nice, even with a big spot on ya chin.
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:03
Banned (at own request)

i feel the same as in i feel more odd looking or weird or alien as opposed to pig ugly (though i do feel ugly) . it doesnt matter what people say (and its usually i'm pretty hot :s ) i still dont see that at all .

i cant get it right either . other day my hair was getting long i thought i liked it then i thought it looked weird then i shaved it off now i feel ugly and odd cos i shaved it off . sometimes i have a shave and think thats better sometimes i have one and think arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhh !!

before i go out i look in the mirror constantly too looking for the faults thats others will notice . i hate looking in the mirror too

oh i dunno
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:08

I feel exactly like that!

at least when im a mess i have an excuse to be ugly
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:15

Mood
Doh

Quote:
So what do you do when you look like a mess, weird, whatever no matter what you do?

By the way I think you look nice, even with a big spot on ya chin.

looooooooooool thanks

and if i look a mess i just dont c anyone except mr brothers and sisters but they dont care what i look like lol
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:56

Mood
Nerdy

I had a shave today, I don't look any better.
Old 3rd March 2010, 21:11

Mood
Crappy

I seem to have occasional good days where I can look in the mirror and somewhat like what I see. But most of the time (like today) I tend to hate my appearance.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:31

Mood
Inspired

I sometimes wonder if its because the hero and heroine of most stories is generally good looking . beauty becomes associated in our minds as children with goodness and value.
so for some people this works in reverse . Their mind assumes that if they are feeling a failure they must "look the part" . Every tiny "fault " of apearance becomes magnified.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:41
Banned at own request

Mood
Relaxed

I'm really self conscious about having bags under my eyes, no matter what I do I always seem to have them. Early night, exercise, tons of fresh air but they still don't go away. I can't stand looking at them, they must look awful to other people
Old 4th March 2010, 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkeh
I'm really self conscious about having bags under my eyes, no matter what I do I always seem to have them. Early night, exercise, tons of fresh air but they still don't go away. I can't stand looking at them, they must look awful to other people

I get the same thing dude, like really bad. had it for, really years. Been to the doctor and this time (like last week) i really stressed how much problems it was causing me. Like everyday it's always in my mind. people commenting at work...It's not the only thing im conscious about, but its definitly the biggest part.

He literally just shrugged it off (the doctor), sayin u dont have em, and thats it.
Old 4th March 2010, 11:05

Mood
Alienated

Oddly enough, I feel far more comfortable with going outside when I really look like crap. Like bag lady crap. I havent worn makeup in years (for lots of different reasons) but I find I become anxious of the thought of even trying to look better because Ill end up messing it up if I do. It will be one litttle thing then Ill change my mind and Ill put the boring dark clothes on and hide under a hat. Unfortunately for me I do exactly have inconspicious hair. Afro curly hair is hard to hide when the majority have straight hair.

Maybe theres a happy medium between the 2oclock shadow and the full on caveman? Does it really make you /that/ unhappy to be unkempt? There are varying degrees of what is tramp like and what isnt but at the end of the day its what makes you comfortable. Its your face. If you look better bearded (in my opion many men do) then go with the beard.
I find most people look odd in one way or another. As many people have already said - its the way you carry yourself. Looking a big ol hot mess helps me feel confident because I look and feel better when I go with the weirdness. Try it. Its not that scary. I was looking for a weirdy beardy emoti.
Old 4th March 2010, 13:25

Mood
Inspired

dont take me wrong but its a wierd sort of self confidence to asume that others must see your "faults" like you see them yourself .

you wouldnt say "I don't like ham on pizza so none else must like it either"!

I love to able to read minds like you say you do!
Old 4th March 2010, 13:40

I look like crap 99.99% of the time too
But I 'spose I've sortta gotten use to it over the years
Old 5th March 2010, 14:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy
dont take me wrong but its a wierd sort of self confidence to asume that others must see your "faults" like you see them yourself .

you wouldnt say "I don't like ham on pizza so none else must like it either"!

I love to able to read minds like you say you do!
I agree, people do see things differently. But since were using crazy analogies; If you had half a nose, and u knew it was there and you didnt like it. Family told you it wasnt noticeable, but other people outside family commented on it a lot, negatively. Could you just ignore it and get on with your life?
Old 5th March 2010, 15:34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonaldDrump
I agree, people do see things differently. But since were using crazy analogies; If you had half a nose, and u knew it was there and you didnt like it. Family told you it wasnt noticeable, but other people outside family commented on it a lot, negatively. Could you just ignore it and get on with your life?
Exactly.

I've had so many negative comments especially about my teeth, ears, hands and feet, and I can see why.

There are other things too that bother me, but those 4 things I've mentioned have attracted so many arseholes.
Old 5th March 2010, 15:41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemebe
Oddly enough, I feel far more comfortable with going outside when I really look like crap. Like bag lady crap. I havent worn makeup in years (for lots of different reasons) but I find I become anxious of the thought of even trying to look better because Ill end up messing it up if I do. It will be one litttle thing then Ill change my mind and Ill put the boring dark clothes on and hide under a hat. Unfortunately for me I do exactly have inconspicious hair. Afro curly hair is hard to hide when the majority have straight hair.

Maybe theres a happy medium between the 2oclock shadow and the full on caveman? Does it really make you /that/ unhappy to be unkempt? There are varying degrees of what is tramp like and what isnt but at the end of the day its what makes you comfortable. Its your face. If you look better bearded (in my opion many men do) then go with the beard.
I find most people look odd in one way or another. As many people have already said - its the way you carry yourself. Looking a big ol hot mess helps me feel confident because I look and feel better when I go with the weirdness. Try it. Its not that scary. I was looking for a weirdy beardy emoti.
I feel like shit no matter what I do.

I just feel slightly less shit sometimes.

Anyway, I plan to win the lotto tonight and not give a crap about my looks ever again.
Old 5th March 2010, 15:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustration!

Tbh when I have felt confident I've been able to present myself as a strong person around other males.

If I was around them now though I would'nt be able to do it and they would see how weak I am now.

I've always felt that I look weak, yet like I said there was a time when my looks did'nt affect how other males treated me because I could make them weary of me, which was obvioulsy down to my personality at the time and how confident I felt. Like you mention the way I carried and presented myself.

I don't feel like I look masculine and it pisses me off.

Some people would say that a journeyman boxer with his face caved in looks ugly, but to me it does'nt.

I think I'm more odd, weird looking than pig ugly.

I'd rather be pig ugly and look tasty than look weird, odd and weak.

I need to go out and cause some fights so I can get my face busted up.

Sounds like you're more concerned about looking well 'ard than anything else, but it comes down to the same thing, i.e. wanting to feel confident about your appearance. It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg / catch 22 situation: If you beef up a bit, you might start having more confidence about your appearance but if you had more confidence, you wouldn't care so much what you looked like. 'tis a conundrum.
Old 5th March 2010, 15:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkeh
Same, my face looks like I've lived a lot more than I actually have. Mine started a couple of years ago I think and I suspect the amount of alcohol I pour down my neck doesn't help. I'm improving my lifestyle but I'm afraid I'm stuck with the consequences of years of abuse - be warned people!
Old 5th March 2010, 15:56
Banned

Quote:
Sounds like you're more concerned about looking well 'ard than anything else, but it comes down to the same thing, i.e. wanting to feel confident about your appearance. It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg / catch 22 situation: If you beef up a bit, you might start having more confidence about your appearance but if you had more confidence, you wouldn't care so much what you looked like. 'tis a conundrum.
I have beefed up in the past and definetly gained more confidence and noticed how people started to respect more.

I wanted and needed more though and did'nt have the energy for it.

It was damned hard work and I realised that I needed to work much harder, could'nt do it and had a nervous breakdown.
Old 5th March 2010, 16:05

definitely a case for working on the mental, rather than physical, approach in that case. I'd say you need to improve your self esteem through other means and then maybe you'd be less hung up about your physical appearance. I guess it would be bad to rely too much on your physical appearance for your sense of worth anyway, looks aren't permanent. Take those celebs who go through numerous cosmetic operations, they're not happy bunnies - and they'll still look and feel like crap when their in their 60s.
Old 5th March 2010, 16:11
Banned

Quote:
definitely a case for working on the mental, rather than physical, approach in that case. I'd say you need to improve your self esteem through other means and then maybe you'd be less hung up about your physical appearance. I guess it would be bad to rely too much on your physical appearance for your sense of worth anyway, looks aren't permanent. Take those celebs who go through numerous cosmetic operations, they're not happy bunnies - and they'll still look and feel like crap when their in their 60s.
I've seriously ran out of energy and drive though, mate.
Closed Thread