SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 23rd August 2007, 21:27

Default Done a man non SA hing this morning

Got woken up at 6.30 am by the bin men. I was raging so I opened the window and shouted at the binman "Excuse me. Do you know what time it is? It's 6.30 am!". I then closed my window and went back to sleep til my alarm went off.

Am I a mentalcase?
Old 23rd August 2007, 21:31

Mood
Innocent

Default Re: Done a man non SA hing this morning

Yes
Old 23rd August 2007, 21:32

yer I thought it was a bit of a character for me. Maybe I should change ma name to oldfishwife.
Old 23rd August 2007, 21:53

I was gonna post something sensible but really I just wanted to say 'cool avatar'. So sooty & sweep what crazy shit did they get up to? and that girl puppet with the polka dot dress looking back there was more to it all than meets the eye.

And there's nowt wrong telling bin men to shut up especially from the comfort of your window. Now close up ahh that's a different story
Old 23rd August 2007, 21:54
nothing_to_say

I'd be worried they start going through my bins :embarass:
Old 23rd August 2007, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_uk
I was gonna post something sensible but really I just wanted to say 'cool avatar'. So sooty & sweep what crazy shit did they get up to? and that girl puppet with the polka dot dress looking back there was more to it all than meets the eye.

And there's nowt wrong telling bin men to shut up especially from the comfort of your window. Now close up ahh that's a different story
I know I loved Sooty. And is there a more apt character to represent SA??? He would never talk in front of people remember??

So don't you think I'm mad for shouting at bin men? WOuld you have done that?
Old 23rd August 2007, 22:26

I take it your not a morning person? I am the same, I can do really out of character things when I get woken up early. Usually feel worried about them when I wake up though.
Old 23rd August 2007, 22:26

Mood
Dramaqueen

You know what, I've noticed anger sheds shyness with lot's of people. Like the time walking my dog (on the lead of course!) and this kid kept running after him, I stopped gave the most evil look ever and growled! :embarass: Totally out of character but when angry I feel invincible

Gone on ya thats what I say
Old 23rd August 2007, 22:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonStar
You know what, I've noticed anger sheds shyness with lot's of people. Like the time walking my dog (on the lead of course!) and this kid kept running after him, I stopped gave the most evil look ever and growled! :embarass: Totally out of character but when angry I feel invincible

Gone on ya thats what I say
What growled as in gave him a dirty look or growled like a dog?
Old 23rd August 2007, 22:32

Mood
Dramaqueen

growled like a dog, my dog is as gentle as they come so I saw it as appropiate the kid need's to be taught not to jump on dogs from behind, what if he was a vicious git?
Old 23rd August 2007, 22:36

Wow very brave, I don't even know if I can growl *goes to practice*
Old 23rd August 2007, 22:37

Mood
Dramaqueen

It was probably a very girly growl but what the hell!
Old 23rd August 2007, 22:42

No, mines was quite manly, my Mum got a fright anyway, just had to go retrieve her from up a tree.

No but I know what you mean. I thin anger is powerful enough to override shyness. Plus when you know your shy and feel someone is taking advantage then I find myself getting super angry.
Old 23rd August 2007, 22:51

My binman said to me "where`s ya bin? I said "I haven`t bin anywhere. He said "No where`s ya wheely bin? I said "I haven`t wheely bin anywhere.
Old 23rd August 2007, 22:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by D66
My binman said to me "where`s ya bin? I said "I haven`t bin anywhere. He said "No where`s ya wheely bin? I said "I haven`t wheely bin anywhere.

gonna remember that for all of 10 seconds....
Old 23rd August 2007, 23:31

Hmm yes, been thinking about getting them for problem I have mentioned in the Basement. Don't laugh tis not funny.

Now where's those wotsits...
Old 24th August 2007, 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Starla*
So don't you think I'm mad for shouting at bin men? WOuld you have done that?
No your not mad. And to be honest I probably wouldn't have done that. I don't get shouting screaming angry as part of my counselling was anger management. I'm more likely to ask them nicely to keep it down and explain how angry it makes me.

But most likely of all is just to ignore it and go back under the covers.

I've just realised I haved shouted or lost my temper for at least 5 years. And that was only because my Nephew hit me in the face with a ball and it shocked me. Thinking back my shouting shocked him as I never ever shout. Ah well diverted off the subject there.
Old 24th August 2007, 11:26

I'm a big fan of growling... it can convey so much...

I wish I had been woken up by the binmen this morning... The bleeders collected the whole street's rubbish and decided to totally ignore mine!! Didn't so much as lift the lid... I know this because if they do lift the lid they usually throw it back on the floor... GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!

For a change i decided to call the council (in true - grumpy - old - person fashion) to make a (not so polite) enquiry into why the binmen have a habit of ignoring my dustbin. I even knotted the bl?#*y bag for them!! Next week I may have to get up at an unearthly hour to carry my bag of rubbish out and load it on their truck for them *(maybe wipe their arses at the same time)*. I might just hide behind the wall and spring out growling as they wander past my house trying to ignore my poor little bin yet again.

GGGGGGRRRRRrrrrrrrr!! This anger thing sure gets a job done though!!
Old 24th August 2007, 23:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeofnoreply
I'm a big fan of growling... it can convey so much...

I wish I had been woken up by the binmen this morning... The bleeders collected the whole street's rubbish and decided to totally ignore mine!! Didn't so much as lift the lid... I know this because if they do lift the lid they usually throw it back on the floor... GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!

For a change i decided to call the council (in true - grumpy - old - person fashion) to make a (not so polite) enquiry into why the binmen have a habit of ignoring my dustbin. I even knotted the bl?#*y bag for them!! Next week I may have to get up at an unearthly hour to carry my bag of rubbish out and load it on their truck for them *(maybe wipe their arses at the same time)*. I might just hide behind the wall and spring out growling as they wander past my house trying to ignore my poor little bin yet again.

GGGGGGRRRRRrrrrrrrr!! This anger thing sure gets a job done though!!
Why are they ignoring your bin? hats that all about? In my last house, if we didn't put our rubbish in black bin bags the bin men would just leave it and as I had just moved in, I didn't know that so my rubbish kept getting left too. Was well pissed off.

Don't you have a wheely bin?

What did the Council say when you rung them?
Old 27th August 2007, 14:49

I don't know why they ignore my bin. Think it's cos it's a bit narrow getting down the side of the house where all the flats bins are and my bin is at the back. This time they ignored all the flats bins so i didn't feel too singled out because there have been times when they've emptied all the other flats but not mine. And yeah, we have the same thing about black bags... no bag = no collection.

Council said they'd collect by today. But today i've remembered it's bank holiday, so like hell are they going to come out. I'll give them till tomorrow as a good-will gesture... then i'm back on that phone with my mouthful ready. I may bring rats into discussion!!
Old 27th August 2007, 14:52

Mood
Worried

I think what you said was quite polite actually most people (including myself) probably would've added a few F words into the mix =p hehe.
Closed Thread