SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 1st February 2005, 12:11
Xhael

Default games anyone is playing (1)

Its odd to talk about this subject here feels like a taboo or something yet most males play them. Anyway what games are anyone playing currently?
Old 1st February 2005, 12:52
Remus

Default Re: games anyone is playing

Hearts of Iron 2

still waiting for the Rome Total War patch till I play that again

looking forward to 'World at war' and 'Knights of the old republic 2' out this month. [1 edits; Last edit by Remus at 12:52:42 Tue Feb 1 2005]
Old 1st February 2005, 16:13
Snapman

Not really playing anything at the moment, but I sometimes have a session on Football Manager 2005.

That's about the only one at the moment.
Old 1st February 2005, 18:23
eureka_

I'm slowly working my way through The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. I did think it was a bit disappointing compared to the last couple, but then I reached the moment when Link's Grandma gives him the power soup. If you've played it you'll know just how touching this scene is.

Oh, and I'm quite fond of http://www.stepmania.com. (Hurray for PS to USB adaptors).
Old 1st February 2005, 19:27
Jihan

I was playing The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay (PC version) recently. Bit short, but fun. Especially the sneaking-up-on-people part. I also liked this in Thief 2, but in Riddick you're mostly supposed to kill the people you sneak, whereas in the Thief games you ideally shouldn't even knock them out.
Old 2nd February 2005, 08:44
debanpixie

Hop scotch
Tic tac toe
pass the parcel
musical chairs
Old 2nd February 2005, 16:03
Xhael

(Emote: razzyellow)

I'm playing fm2005 after next patch comes out as its resetting my machine, warcraft3, (apparently I should never admit this?), and pro evo 4.
Old 2nd February 2005, 18:21
chance1

Well on the computer I've been playing contiunum. its worryingly addictive.....

I like burnout 3, grand theft auto 3 and grad turismo 3 on my playstation.(theres a theme here)

Old 4th February 2005, 18:55
Xhael

ah you'll be pleased to know Gran Turismo 4 is out soon then.
Old 4th February 2005, 20:11
LiveAlienBroadcast

also fm manager, though i dont think i am as addicted to it as i was the last champ man game...i like a good game of pro evolution aswell...
Old 5th February 2005, 01:51
Xhael

ah I never played a cm game, always thought it looked a bit dull. I guess FM05 is a bit more appealling to me especially with the 2d engine.
Old 15th February 2005, 22:05
Shy_guy

Was playing half life 2, finished it yesterday and its nowhere near as good as the first.
Old 15th February 2005, 22:38
little_miss_tickle

im playing grand theft andreas (it so cool) (Emote: reallylaughing)
Old 16th February 2005, 09:31
murderdolldave

love fm 05 but pc takes years to process everything (Emote: shake)
been playing KOTR 2 loads since the release friday. anyone play on xbox live ? play pro evo on there loads
Old 16th February 2005, 15:05
robbie777

world of warcraft, first MMOG ive played.

sometimes call of duty:UO also and fifa 2005
Old 16th February 2005, 17:17
Shy_guy

I have also beat GTA san andreas, the best of the lot. But GTA 3 was excellent too.
Old 16th February 2005, 18:56
one_winged_angel

I have to admit I'm a bit of a sims freak!! I love the sims 2 and find myself playing it for hours sometimes if I'm not careful!

I'm definately more of an RPG fan though - LOVE the final fantasy series and can't wait for Final Fantasy 12 to be released (even if the last couple in the series have been a bit disappointing).
Old 17th February 2005, 13:30
Simian

Anachronox. I think I'm near the end though.
Next up will be either GTA: Vice City or Arx Fatalis.
Old 18th February 2005, 00:24
LilyLady

Quote:
Quote: Its odd to talk about this subject here feels like a taboo or something yet most males play them
Hey it's not just you guys that play games you know. (Emote: wink)

I'm playing The Sims 2 and looking forward to the expansion. I'm also just getting into Super Mario Sunshine as I've only recently bought a Gamecube and have some gaming to catch up on.
There's a lot of other favs that I come back to like Sim City 4 and the Worms games (mainly the 2D versions).

World of Warcraft looks really good but I don't need another excuse to play games. (Emote: biggrin)
Old 18th February 2005, 01:06
Remus

playing.....

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

great game and great follow up to the first game in the series

Also playing

Hearts of Iron 2 (strategy)

and

Rome : Total War (the game they play on BBC2's Time Commanders)
Old 18th February 2005, 02:26
BaZzA

Default Re: Thief Rules!!

I havnt played any games properly in a long time as i havnt been in the mood but as i am a gamer freak i thought i better post something.. (Emote: embarrassed)

I was doing diablo 2 online for a while but i got bored of all the kids and dupes.. so i recently got sonic collection set thing thats been a bit of harmless fun (Emote: pirate)

Thats about it tho.. (Emote: shake)

oh apart from giants, n4s underground, warcraft 3 ex, bit ufo 2000, rct3

Buts thats all..

mayb u should do a topic about wat u would buy if u had money (Emote: smash3)
Old 18th February 2005, 17:20
LiveAlienBroadcast

Quote:
Quote: bazza
mayb u should do a topic about wat u would buy if u had money

id buy half life 2, i just need to get my memory updated and a new graphics card and im all set, that rome:total war also looks great, im tempted......

at the moment im trying to find out if i can get 'syndicate wars' to run on xp, it only seems to work with windows 95, 98..its an old game but i really loved it on the amiga...
Old 18th February 2005, 18:11
Xhael

going to buy Farcry soon- £12.97=bargain!
Old 18th February 2005, 18:18
BaZzA

Quote:
Quote: Alien
at the moment im trying to find out if i can get 'syndicate wars' to run on xp, it only seems to work with windows 95, 98..its an old game but i really loved it on the amiga...
I play alot of the old games. (better than modern ones) I couldnt get 'syndicate' working properly as it was impossible 2 fix the sound, but 'syndicate wars' i cant remember if it did or not.. (Emote: rolleyes) (probly does) I had it on ps1 aswel but i prefered the first one alot more anyway.
Old 19th February 2005, 03:20
Simian

Try http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1 for Syndicate. [1 edits; Last edit by Simian at 03:22:18 Sat Feb 19 2005]
Old 19th February 2005, 04:28
BaZzA

I have (Emote: purplewink) plus few patches people made, different configerations and stuff, but the 'sound' simply wouldnt work (Emote: ugone2far) alot other old games just work instantly with dosbox and fix all issues but i guess this game is just not compatible.. (Emote: shake) anyway doesnt matter that was ages ago and im not that interested anymore.. it also the only source so no chance trying something else.

(im hoping u can get it on ps1 or something cos i know u can for the 2nd one.. (altho it b better on pc))

Old 19th February 2005, 17:01
LiveAlienBroadcast

i played it on the ps1 and i really didnt like it, i dont know what it was, i just loved it on the amiga i was one 'country' away from completing it, but found it totally impossible to do so (there was a bout 50 other syndicate memebers on an oil rig, as i remember all to well...)

i might look into the download again, i always have trouble getting them to work properly but i might be able to do without the sound, i dunno...thanks anyway bazza, simian (Emote: pirate)
Old 19th February 2005, 18:43
annie1

Monopoly? (Emote: shrugs)
Old 19th February 2005, 22:25
Xhael

http://play.games.com/playgames/home.jsp
If you want to play monopoly online! but its not as fun as playing in flesh against other people, or wasn't when I played it ages ago. Oh better have a popup stopper if you click that site.
Old 20th February 2005, 04:17
funkyjerbus

no compute4r games for me.. ps2 is where its at.
i play gta san andreas
metal gear solid 3 snake eater
and need for speed underground. theyre all awesome games
Closed Thread