SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 12th July 2017, 04:02

Mood
Crappy

Default Do you like human beings?

Be honest and share you're view.
Old 12th July 2017, 06:16

Mood
Relaxed

Default Re: Do you like human beings?

I loathe them.
Old 12th July 2017, 06:40
Banned at own request

It depends if you're referring to them as a whole, or on an individual level?

As a species I think we're a cancer on this planet and that the Earth would be better off without us.
Individually, I can see good in most people and wouldn't dislike someone unless they give me good reason to.
I'll sometimes say that I don't like people but I suppose what I really mean is that I don't relate to or feel like I'm one of them. I have an inherent fear of them which can make me feel as if I'm anti people, but deep down I'm fully aware that that's my own issues coming into play and not really anyone's fault.
Old 12th July 2017, 09:31
Banned at own request

It really varies from day to day and month to month. At the moment no, very much no.
Old 12th July 2017, 09:51

Generally no. It would be lovely if we were all willing to accept each other for who we are, but sadly that's not the case. Humans seem to judge each other unfairly and there are far too many out there with hidden agendas. Humans in general are selfish and cruel. Or maybe I've just been having a bad time (for the last 50 odd years)
Old 12th July 2017, 11:21

Mood
Lurking

For most of my life I'd say that I hated most human beings. I can't pretend. I loathed my own species and saw them as outragously greedy apex predators simply out for all they could get for themselves at the expense of anyone and everyone else. I hated myself too, so I wasn't setting myself apart there.

These days I can see the good, and there is a hell of a lot of it out there if we look. We all judge, and I judge people on their actions. There are actually some amazing human beings out there doing good things. People who care about the world, their locality and the people around them. I think those people are fantastic examples of the potential for good that we all have within in us if we choose to access and use it.

Human beings are very much a mixed bag. There are far too many bad out there to say the human race is fantastic, but there also far too many good out there to write off the species altogether.
Old 12th July 2017, 12:36

It's a bit like saying do you like weather.

This is it, this is what we have to deal with, deciding we don't like it isn't going to help. I think it's more helpful to consider what our values are and try to stick to them, that is at least something positive we can do. We're all in it together, we're all flawed, some of the ones that seem the worst have had things happen that distorted them. I tend to think there's good in everybody,
Old 12th July 2017, 13:21

Mood
Pensive

No not many of them but I do try to see the good in all people until they prove otherwise
Old 12th July 2017, 13:36

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelwyn
It's a bit like saying do you like weather.

This is it, this is what we have to deal with, deciding we don't like it isn't going to help. I think it's more helpful to consider what our values are and try to stick to them, that is at least something positive we can do. We're all in it together, we're all flawed, some of the ones that seem the worst have had things happen that distorted them. I tend to think there's good in everybody,
I agree.
Old 12th July 2017, 17:54

that's a good question.
I find them tricky, I am appreciative of them- I think everyone has to be appreciative of them, but whether there is a affinity more towards things, ideas and concepts over actual people I'm not sure.

I have wondered in the past about going in the wilderness somewhere, surviving on my own. But, you see you miss certain things instance, a big example like the internet. The internet is this big mass complexion of people's efforts, and everyone sort of appreciates that. Same for a movie, or music. All these things enhance life, and it's essentially people. I'm now eating a tomato soup, somebody's food ingenuity lead to, and I very much relish. So clearly inherently I do not want to be asocial, in the wilderness on my own, afterall.
Old 12th July 2017, 18:01

It depends a lot on my own mental health. At the worst times then no,I view the world and the people in it in general as nasty or threatening or depressingly blah or sheeple-like or moronic or a thousand other negative things. (Of course even then there are individuals I like and admire but they feel very much in the minority,like a pebble against a tidal wave of dross).

If I`m feeling okish then I tend to have a much more positive and hopeful outlook on most things,including us human things.
Old 12th July 2017, 18:16

Mood
Alienated

A couple

Not many

Much prefer animals
Old 12th July 2017, 20:33

I've not come across any good ones, so not really.
Old 12th July 2017, 21:04

I operate on the assumption that 90% of people are dicks but the 10% that aren't is still a lot of people
Old 12th July 2017, 22:55

Not at all but you have to work with what you've got.

Much prefer cats.
Old 13th July 2017, 10:17

Mood
Tired

I think Jesus once said something like, "if you take the lump of wood out of your own eye, then you will see clearly to take the speck of dust out of another's"
and I think similarly we often tend to see our own (unconscious) faults in others,
it's easy to get carried away and 'hate' everyone whilst imagining yourself to be the 'ideal'
it's much more difficult to be aware of yourself and how you operate along pretty much the same lines as everyone else.
Old 13th July 2017, 10:46

Right now, I would have to answer a big resounding NO - I don't like human beings one bit.

Generally speaking, the human race is like a cancer destroying the planet and all the other species of life that are unfortunate enough to be inhabiting it with us. Humans like to think of themselves as the most superior species (some joke!) but I don't know of any other species that is as destructive or as war obsessed as us.

As for individuals - of course there are kind hearted folk that in their own small way make this world a slightly better place to live in. Whenever a tragic event occurs it is inspiring how a community of people from all walks of life come together to comfort the victims: Race, religion, social class, everything that usually divides us, is temporarily put aside for the greater good. However, I've also come across lots of people who are totally selfish, self serving, hypocritical and intolerant and I'm ashamed to say that I can't exclude myself from that list although I do at least want to be a better person.

As others have mentioned here, whether I see good or only bad in people is very much based on my state of mind at the time. If I'm feeing particularly negative I find it a struggle to see any good in anyone or anything. I've lived most of my life feeling like an alien from another planet - that I don't fit in anywhere. I imagine if I wasn't so crippled by my SA and felt more of a sense of belonging my view of people would be a lot more positive. Rationally, I know that all humans are a mix of good and bad and I will see whatever I look for
Old 15th July 2017, 03:57

Mood
Crappy

Bump. I'm back and will read the replies tomorrow it's almost 11pm here.
Old 15th July 2017, 11:40

How you answer this question probably a mirror on how you feel about yourself.
Old 15th July 2017, 17:40

Human beings are the worst things on the face of this planet. Period.
Old 15th July 2017, 19:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider22324
Human beings are the worst things on the face of this planet. Period.
That's a big part of why your statement is true about 50% of the human population.
Old 15th July 2017, 21:23

I love human beings, but I sometimes hate the things that they do! Someone drove too fast past my home this week and killed my beautiful cat!
Old 15th July 2017, 21:32
Banned at own request

^ So sorry to hear that VO2 that is so horrible.
Old 15th July 2017, 22:03

Mood
Musical

Yes there are bad ones and good ones. They make life interesting.
Old 15th July 2017, 22:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird McFlumpsy
^ So sorry to hear that VO2 that is so horrible.
Thank you Laird McFlumpsy
Old 15th July 2017, 23:20

Mood
Melancholy

As a few ppl have said, animals are better/ nicer.
Especially as animals aren't destroying the planet, or fighting each other for no reason, etc.

I laughed out loud when watching Frozen & the dude sings "Reindeers are better than people" - totally agree! :D
Old 16th July 2017, 20:27

Mood
Tired

There are a few good ones, but on the whole I'd say no, I don't like human beings.
Old 18th July 2017, 13:07

I don't dislike them ...all the time, I just struggle to be around them. I would love to enjoy being around other people, but i'm too busy doing strange clumsy things that I wouldn't do if I were on my own... ... so I would much rather not be around human beings.
Old 19th July 2017, 20:03
Banned at own request

Mood
Doh

I like some/most people, but certain types of people really wind me up.
People who have a high opinion of themselves or who other people think are wonderful for very little reason at all, usually.

Oh, and Donald Trump and Kim Jung Il, obviously.
Old 23rd July 2017, 13:19

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermannHesse
The best thing for the earth is quite clearly the eradication of humankind. It is perfectly logical to consider humans a disease (Pox Humanis) that, like all early infections, is rampantly destroying the host it relies on to exist.

Humans are horrible animals. Think about the worst thing you could do to another human being. Putting babies through meat grinders, raping grannies, ripping off arms with trucks, steam rolling captives. And realise it's been done. A 1000 x over and things a 100x gorier and more horrible. 99.9 % of human history has been spent killing other humans, as well as every single animal on the planet, the rest of the time (0.01%) spent patting ourselves on the back about how peaceful, noble and wise we are. We excel at this insane discordance.

We are the animal that breeds 100 billion others animals every year just to enslave them kill them and eat them whilst they are mostly babies. Chickens, cows, pigs - all of these innocent creatures are killed mostly as infants so that we can enjoy trivialities such as hamburgers. "But I like the taste" - so die, all of you, in your trillions and trillions. We kid ourselves that we "have to", to avoid facing up to our evil and our savagery.

Humans are, at an individual level, mostly revolting. The vast majority are selfish (yet we all kid ourselves that we're selfless), unpleasant, conformist, arrogant, blinkered.

If there were a button that could be pressed to painlessly reset the game and wipe out the human race, can anyone argue it would be foolish to press it? I don't think so.
I think Kim Jong-un has the button, let's hope he does the right thing.