Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 17th November 2015, 08:15

Mood
Breezy

Default Joining PTFA

I've often thought about joining the PTFA at my youngest daughters school, mainly because I want to be more involved and can see the PTFA are struggling with events etc.

Yesterday a Mum who I got talking to recently at a birthday party (that was a nightmare for me but this is a positive thread, so no more about that!) started talking about the xmas fair and how they need more PTFA members....so on the spur of the moment I volunteered to help with the xmas fair.

My plan is to see how that goes and what the other PTFA members are like, and if there are no personalities I would particularly struggle with, i'll join after xmas.

Bricking it already
Old 17th November 2015, 08:39

Default Re: Joining PTFA

that's awesome, Armadillo! I loved being part of the PTA; I felt much more connected to the community. Best of luck with it.
Old 17th November 2015, 09:44

Mood
Balanced

well done
Old 17th November 2015, 12:56

Mood
Breezy

Thanks

I just need to stop over thinking it!

I work in a Children's Centre (office based so don't usually have to deal with the families who use the services) but helped out with the summer fair running a tombola, it was nerve racking enough, and then my manager asked me to go round and ask parents to fill in a small satisfaction survey. I almost fainted with nerves but did it anyway. I've gotten quite good over the years at hiding my anxiety around people, but always without fail say something stupid and come away thinking I just made a complete fool of myself.

Ok, now I will stop over thinking it lol