SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 11th June 2013, 15:17

Mood
Happy

Default birthdays

do you celebrate your birthday or is it just another day for you,
At collage or work do you want people to wish you happy birthday or would you rather people didnt know so that you wont be the centre of attention
what do you say when people ask what your doing for your birthday when your not doing anything,do you pretend you are doing something or or you honnest and say your doing nothing
Old 11th June 2013, 15:22

Default Re: birthdays

I just say I'm going out for dinner. Which I tend to do. Birthdays are good in that respect
Old 11th June 2013, 16:03

Mood
Happy

hello Geddalexneil your the same as me i dont do anything on my birthday because i have no one to celebrate with,not that im to bothered , its just work colleges some times ask and its makes me feel arkward and embarressed
Old 11th June 2013, 16:08

I haven't celebrated my birthday in years and I always dread that day more than any other. I hate it when people come up and ask me what I'm doing for it because I always say not much or make a lie up about spending it with my family. It's my 21st this year and this is going to be the very worst day of all because I'll be demanded to do something special for it.
Old 11th June 2013, 16:10

Mood
Melancholy

When I was with my boyfriend we'd always do something together. Now we've broken up it's a whole other ball game. This year I think my parents are coming to visit so I'll see them. But even they have been asking what I'll be doing with my friends that night... umm...

My problem is that I do have friends, but they're all individual friends (no groups), and they all expect me to be spending time with an imaginary group of friends for important events... just imaginary because they seem to make this assumption rather than me mentioning anything! Probably also because in previous years I've been with a boyfriend and never asked anyone to do anything, so they just assume I'm doing something else.
Old 11th June 2013, 16:41

Mood
Paranoid

I try not to do anything because I hate being the centre of attention.
If I have no other choice I normally have a few drinks first before going anywhere.
Old 11th June 2013, 22:23

Mood
Fine

It's a bit of both for me. It's my birthday later this month and i'm already thinking about it. I'm the kind who does not want the attention in general, but i still like those close to me to give me my day . I'm looking forward to it to be honest, i have a good close circle around me these days and i know we'll have some fun.
Old 11th June 2013, 22:38
Banned

I like to bake cakes for people on mine, I like to vague about the exact date though. And the exact age!

L
Old 11th June 2013, 22:39

I do want to celebrate my birthday but usually the majority of people I know just say happy birthday on facebook and thats about it,I go out for dinner as I can't be bothered cooking on my birthday and like to be out as I don't want to just stay at home. I would like to have more of a celebration but I don't have many people to celebrate with.