SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 14th November 2023, 22:32

Default Psychic readings you've had

I travelled to see one recently in Stockton. Took the train from Newcastle. It felt like forever. And she was terrible, honestly. I knew within the first 2 minutes that it was going to be bad and in less than 10 I was thinking of ways to leave. I didn't, cause my mother wanted to know the outcome when I got back.

To start with, I'm skeptical of these things and what people give away so I went with just the plan of being secretive but straight away she wouldn't have it and said that if I didn't talk she would kick me out as she had done so before. Awkward start. I felt like I was back at school or back in my first job or something.

Nearly everything she said was wrong and wasn't me or my life. The type of person I am, my job, my relationships. Everything she got right would have been from talking to me and the other things were maybe built off my looks and the way I sound. I just went along with it and nodded.

And the worst thing was she wouldn't let me record it (I should have done so in my pocket, she wouldn't have known) and all I got were some sheets of paper she wrote on and it was barely legible.

My brother had been to see her and she said some accurate things to him so I was curious.

I've been to see at least 2 others in the past. They didn't get much right either but the readings were different with those 2. They gave me lots of random little events to think about in the future. This one was more like a counsellor.

How many of the things predicted came true, I don't know. I lost the transcripts at some point but I remember one. One funny little thing was a psychic told me to look out for a Matthew. That's all she said. I had started a new job so met lots of new people. I met this guy and said what's your name, he said Matthew. So I said, ok this is going to sound strange but a psychic told me to look out for someone with your name. He said was her name Julie? and I said yes! He said he's also seen her.

So that was fun and odd but what was the point? Well, I didn't really get to know him and find out, maybe that was my fault, but he did recommend a book which I then bought for my mother. It may have been about the afterlife, not sure now. So there was that.

I'm still a skeptic. And agnostic. But also spiritual in my own way.
Old 19th November 2023, 21:23

Default Re: Psychic readings you've had

Interesting!
For many years I was a lot into psychic abilities, esotery and everything that relates to spirituality.
Even then, I was never attracted to the idea of having a psychic reading. Although I believe good ones exist, they are probably harder to find than a needle in a haystack.
And this one told you that she would kick you out if you will not talk? What the hell?

What motivated you to have several psychic readings if you are sceptical about them?
Old 19th November 2023, 21:52

When my brother and his girlfriend went to see her, she mentioned my mother breifly, so I was going on behalf of her because she wanted to know more and I wanted to know if any of my pets would come through in some way.

Yeah, one of the first things was she was trying to work out my accent and I wouldn't tell her and that's where it got awkward. I figured that would let her know things. I promised to tell her anything afterwards but then she said it wasn't going to work unless I gave her something to work with. Then asked why was I here. Which again was going to give it away(?).. I was put on the spot. So I didn't tell her the real reasons and basically said I want to know who I am. Then it became like a counselling session.
Old 19th November 2023, 23:11

Mood
Cynical

^ I think a person insisting that you tell them things first would be a big red flag that they're probably not legit. I am also highly skeptical of anyone claiming to be psychic.

Having said that like you found it can probably be quite fun and interesting to go and see them to see what they say though.
Old 19th November 2023, 23:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^ I think a person insisting that you tell them things first would be a big red flag that they're probably not legit.
You're right, it's a bad sign in a psychic!
Old 19th November 2023, 23:48

Mood
Cynical

^ They should already know! They're not supposed to need you to tell them things