SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 17th March 2009, 11:57

Mood
Mellow

Default Propranolol

I was prescribed Propranolol 10mg last week and i just woundered if they helped other people? and how did they take them?

I have been told 3 times a day or whenever i need to, the dosage If i took them for a social event would i take all 3 at once and how long before the social event is happening?

Cheers
Old 17th March 2009, 12:15
Banned

Default Re: Propranolol

I used to take about 80mg an hour before something started, which worked well at killing the physical symptoms.
Old 18th March 2009, 00:05

Keep us informed as to how you get on with this. I have been seriously thinking about taking this myself.
Old 18th March 2009, 00:09

Mood
Cloud_9

Yeh they are helpful, but it doesn't tackle the root cause of your SA, I.e. beliefs so best not to become reliant on them as there is no quick fix.

I used to take them, was 2 a day 40 or 60mg I cant remember, they are great, they help control your shaking and other physical symptoms. They are definately usefull, I used to take them before going out somewhere.

Good luck
Old 18th March 2009, 00:11

I was given this once, about 5 years ago. The physical symptoms of my anxiety seem to have increased a fair bit recently, I may ask for another prescription as it did help a bit, as I remember
Old 18th March 2009, 15:01

Mood
Mellow

By the sounds of it 30mg doesn't sound alot then. I have a few social events this weekend and ill probably take it all at once just an hour before then. I will see how i get on and whether they make any difference. I dont know whether to take more now though?

I only really asked for them to help the physical symptons which mainly are blushing, shaking and sweating.

My doctor also gave me some aluminum roll on deodrant which has worked great, it has stopped the sweating completely and has honestly given me a boost in confidence which is nice.
Old 18th March 2009, 20:02

Mood
Alienated

so you dont take these daily, but rather just take them when you feel you need them?
Old 18th March 2009, 20:28

Mood
Happy

The doctor put me on these and Im on 40mg tablets,I was told to take one upto three times a day for my anxiety. I only take one if I feel I need to when I know my anxiety will be at its worst.The doctor put me on a high dose of tablet because I was in such a mess and said he usually only starts people on 10mg,I also had high blood pressure because of the anxiety so I think thats why.I dont take them all the time but they have helped me so much and have even helped with my blushing,good luck and hope they help you.
Old 18th March 2009, 22:29

Mood
Fine

I didn't know you could take them all at once...
I'm on 40mg and take them three a day, one before, one during college (near the end of the day, usually lunchtime) and one at night.
If something big's coming up I make sure to take it about half an hour/an hour before.

Be careful taking them all at once, they really reduce your heart rate, you'll probably go all dizzy.

Mine work perfectly for blushing, haven't done so in a while now.
Closed Thread