SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 25th June 2017, 17:51

Mood
Crappy

Default Did your parents have a favorite

My mom likes one of my siblings the best but she would never admit that. Did you have parents like that? Like you could just tell?
Old 25th June 2017, 18:11

Mood
Crappy

Default Re: Did your parents have a favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKitty
Yep. I think it is natural to feel more of a bond with one child if they have a similar temperament or it was just the both of you for a awhile.

It's horrible when parents cross the line and don't hide their preferences.
Really? I can't imagine having two children you gave birth in a hospital to, and liking one more than the other. It doesn't seem natural to me at all but I understand it does to a lot of people.
Old 25th June 2017, 18:19

Default Re: Did your parents have a favorite

My father had a favourite, she was the singer in his real shitty band (think of a band that mostly does covers of Apache and Desperado), who he ran off to travel the world with while his wife struggled to raise three kids on a nurse's wage.

My mother's favourite was whatever fella was banging her at the time. Usually violent bullies who picked fights with us kids (one of them eventually tried to murder me). Our mother always sided with them.

I don't think either of them liked having kids. These days my mother is riddled with guilt for being a shit mother, while my father is still off travelling the world.