SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 30th October 2021, 23:18

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

^ The attitudes to people in mental institutions used to be appalling.
Old 31st October 2021, 09:01

Mood
Crappy

@Consolida Hi - What you wrote is what worries me. I read about all the people moving forward to get off benzos and heal but yes how do you deal with the social anxiety that was there before starting benzos besides trying to get off them.
I am trying to get back into work next week and similarly this couldn't be happening at a worse time for me.
This is the hardest challenge I have to face.
I'm tempted to updose just to try and get some kind of relief but I know this isn't the answer!
Old 31st October 2021, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolida
^ Better late than never I guess

Yeah, I really fear for the future of the NHS
I hope your mum is ok, did you mum call you to say the ambulance had finally arrived. How long did you have to wait?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Old 31st October 2021, 10:17

^^ I hope you don't mind me asking but what are me social anxiety worries you the most?

Does slowly doing this, help you to feel less anxious.?

Old 31st October 2021, 23:19

Mood
Alienated

Like many people, annoyed it now gets dark a lot earlier since the clocks have changed. (And yes I’m aware it happens every year haha).

It means less time to do stuff outdoors, which helps keep me going. I’d happily go for walks in the dark, if it wasn’t for other humans. There’s so much dodgy stuff that goes on (not just what I see on social media, but stuff I see for myself), that it just isn’t worth the risk, unless I stick to well lit and busy areas.

Mostly though I think the extra darkness just makes me feel a little less positive.
Old 1st November 2021, 00:04

^ Ha, i must be lucky then because i've never run into any trouble during my 'nightly' excursions. You should give it a go - stick to a regular route so that you get used to it and build a sense of security. Having an option where you can step outside and leave the house for 30-60mins has certainly helped keep me in check.
Old 1st November 2021, 00:06

Pooped out. Think i'll get a decent sleep tonight. No booze neither.
Old 1st November 2021, 00:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancman71
@Consolida Hi - What you wrote is what worries me. I read about all the people moving forward to get off benzos and heal but yes how do you deal with the social anxiety that was there before starting benzos besides trying to get off them.
I am trying to get back into work next week and similarly this couldn't be happening at a worse time for me.
This is the hardest challenge I have to face.
I'm tempted to updose just to try and get some kind of relief but I know this isn't the answer!
Crikey, I can only imagine how hard it is for you to have to face going back into work while you are struggling to taper. I hope it won't be as challenging as you fear. Whatever happens, I think it's very important that you always put your health first

Yes, updosing is not advisable as apparently each time you try to taper back down it can be harder than the time before. I only recently discovered this.

I'm struggling myself at the moment as I really do need to make another cut but I don't have any scales and am finding it impossible to cut away the right amount each time.

I guess all we can do is take one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbs16
I hope your mum is ok, did you mum call you to say the ambulance had finally arrived. How long did you have to wait?

She's still in a great deal of pain
Yes, she called. The Ambulance took around 17 hours to arrive.

Feeling stressed. There's no light at the end of this never ending tunnel...
Old 1st November 2021, 08:25

Mood
Crappy

@Consolida I hear what you're saying regarding updosing. It's a dilemma as it only makes things more difficult in the end.
Trying to cut and make progress is very difficult.
Sorry to hear about your mum. I hope she is okay.
Take Care
Old 1st November 2021, 09:49

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
^ Ha, i must be lucky then because i've never run into any trouble during my 'nightly' excursions. You should give it a go - stick to a regular route so that you get used to it and build a sense of security. Having an option where you can step outside and leave the house for 30-60mins has certainly helped keep me in check.
Maybe I should have some more confidence and give it another go!

The thing putting me off is how many muggings and random attacks (literally people attacking random strangers who they have no connection with, for a bit of fun) there have been near my house. There are also quite few alley ways, and poorly lit paths, with lights that break and then are never fixed.
I’d still say my area is quite safe, especially in day light, but I feel I’d just be on edge walking about at night.
Old 1st November 2021, 13:51

I think I am depressed. I notice I feel this way when I’m off work but then work doesn’t make me happy it just keeps me somewhat occupied. I fear getting fat off meds though and other side affects. I think my depression is due to how messed up my life feels. I feel like quitting my job.

I also think I’m hesitant of getting diagnosed for depression or something as I feel it may allow doctors to dismiss the fact that I’m probably autistic.

Part of the reason it’s been really hard emotionally for me meeting family through social media I think is because I feel my life is such a mess that I feared that they won’t accept me or it would be justified I’m a mess if they just decided they didn’t want to associate with me. Maybe having some drama, imagining that they are playing games, and maybe they are, is easier than accepting plain rejection.
Old 1st November 2021, 18:01

Rotating through all the things atm, it's like a salad spinner in my head some days
Old 1st November 2021, 18:50

^ A salad spinner head sounds like a good analogy for how I feel most days too. Feel less spinny soon girlinterrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancman71
@Consolida I hear what you're saying regarding updosing. It's a dilemma as it only makes things more difficult in the end.
Trying to cut and make progress is very difficult.
Sorry to hear about your mum. I hope she is okay.
Take Care
Thank you

Apparently we are less likely to develop Dementia if we get off the Benzo's so that's a positive thought to hold onto when you feel that you want to give up the taper!
You take care too
Old 1st November 2021, 19:17

@Consolida aww ty, my condolences that you can relate, let us spin together Exhausting isn't it!
Old 1st November 2021, 20:29

Mood
Spaced

@nothing_special_2501

As someone who has had depression in the past, definitely nip it in the bud before it can fester and get worse. <3 I know everyone is going to cope in different ways, but I can't stress how important it is to get exercise and form a routine. It literally saved my life. If you think you need medication, then do it. I've taken SSRIs for mine and it helped push me into being healthy again.

I hope things improve for you!

Also I can relate on the family matters I think. One of the reasons I stopped using FB was because of them. It's the constant feeling that they're judging me (even though they never were outwardly doing so), especially when you see how "successful" they are in their posts. Social Media only displays the best aspects of their life though. It just naturally makes you feel low when you compare yourself to them and others, even though you aren't even getting the full picture of their life. :/

Social Media is just bad in general haha...
Old 2nd November 2021, 18:01
Banned at own request

Not bad
Old 2nd November 2021, 18:51

Mood
Spaced

Made the bad decision of having a pill with no water. ^_^; Got stuck in my throat and feels rather unpleasant even after drinking a glass. Do not recommend!

I'm also a little worried about my dog. He has bad poopy problems today and woke me up twice to go poo in the early morning. No loss of appetite or anything, and he's energetic. I noticed a teeny bit of blood though, so I'm just watching him close. :/ Thankfully I had some pills left over for him to have. I'm thinking that some squash might not have agreed with him.
Old 3rd November 2021, 01:04

More motivated went work.
Actually applied for a few jobs before and seemed to get accepted for a leaflet distribution job that I was happy with as I would have gotten to choose my own hours. The response I got was that I lived too far and I didn’t like the tone of the response. I think maybe I was lucky to get rejected as I may have been getting myself into another job that looks much better on paper than it is.
I think to actually get a better job will be a slow process that involves learning a skill. I have to better prioritise my time. My current job feels like my life. To be fair sometimes I do work a 12 hour shift and do six day weeks in busy periods but most shifts are about 8 hours and in quieter periods I do 5 day shifts so I do have some free time to learn stuff or even go gym if I prioritise it.
Old 3rd November 2021, 01:51

^^ I hope your dogs funny tummy clears up quickly and that he doesn't need a trip to the vets, SpectralOwls. We have a cat that suffers with IBS and sometimes she has blood in her poo but, like your pooch, she always seems energetic and well in herself. They do like to worry us though.

Feeling rotten, with a terrible headache and chest pain. I tried cutting more off my Lorazepam last night - 20% instead of the advised 10% as it's impossible to cut such a tiny piece of pill - so I could be experiencing withdrawal symptoms. It's quite shocking how violently the nervous system reacts to the tiniest reduction to a medication that it's depended on for so long. My GP is meant to be phoning me tomorrow to check up on how I'm going. In the meantime, my mum's health is deteriorating again so I'm worried sick about that
Old 3rd November 2021, 04:45
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Yesterday was quite an intense day physiotherapy wise.I felt tearful due to frustration and feeling like I'm failing. They've said I'm doing well, but I can't see that I am.

I've been up 3x since going to bed at 9.30. Need to pee + pain. Little snatches of sleep are the norm.

An apt article

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ning-your-walk
Old 3rd November 2021, 10:17

Mood
Crappy

@Consolida I hope you can get some good advice and support from your GP to help you reduce Lorazepam.
Sorry to hear about your mum...
Old 3rd November 2021, 17:43

Mood
Spaced

@Consolida Thank you! I think he's feeling better now.

<3 I hope things turn up for you. You deserve a good break. Withdrawls are scary on its own! But I'm sorry you have other worries just as well... I hope your mom will feel better soon.
Old 4th November 2021, 00:56

@Firemonkey - If the physiotherapists say you are doing well then I think you should listen to them as they are experts in their field and know what they are talking about
If you continue to take things slow and steady, I'm sure that you will soon be able to see those improvements too

Btw, that's an interesting article and explains why I'm such a wreck. A good nights sleep is like searching for the Holy Grail

@Mancman71 - Thank you

@SpectralOwl - Thank you And I'm glad to hear that your dog is feeling better now

I'm feeling ever so slightly less rotten tonight.
I've ordered some scales so that I can start cutting and weighing the Lorazepam into smaller pieces so that the withdrawal symptoms will hopefully be less severe. My GP phoned today and was okay about how things are going with the taper, so that was a relief. I had to laugh though, because at the same time she's checking up that I'm coming off the Benzo's she's trying to get me to increase my antidepressants because, according to her, they aren't at all addictive. They aren't addictive on the scale of Benzo's, admittedly, but there are plenty off support groups for people trying to come of certain anti D's but, hey ho. Needless to say, I told her that I didn't want to increase my antidepressants as they never helped me with the anxiety anyway and, strangely, since reducing the Lorazepam (touch wood) I've gone the longest I have done for years without suffering with a bout of severe depression. Just a coincidence? Hmm, maybe...
Old 4th November 2021, 01:09

Mood
Breezy

Glad to hear you're doing well consolida
Old 4th November 2021, 01:49

^ Aw thank you Percy. I hope you are okay too
Old 4th November 2021, 01:55

Mood
Breezy

You're welcome miss.
Old 4th November 2021, 18:04

Daunted. I'm so uncomfortable with the idea of taking on a mortgage, lol. Things would be so much better if i had a decent job to rely upon.
Old 4th November 2021, 19:18

^ I'm in the same boat (house boat?). It's scary doing big things like this on your own, isn't it!
Old 4th November 2021, 19:45

It is but there's no other option now for me. Covid aside, the past two years have been quite an adjustment and i'm now somewhat okay with the turbulence. Living alone i'm fine with, no problem at all, but having all the responsibility of keeping everything afloat is unsettling.
Old 4th November 2021, 19:48
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Not brilliant. My mood is dropping in the evening. Knocked the door stopper out of the bedroom door manoeuvring the wheelchair to get to the toilet last night. Put myself in the recliner.All was fine until the recliner suddenly went in a downwards direction leaving me at risk of sliding to the floor.Used the lifeline. My s/dau came and sorted things.After lunch toppled trying to turn the walker round. while walking Didn't fall to the floor,support worker was there and helped me get in the wheelchair. I felt very anxious and scared.