SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 8th January 2012, 03:42

Mood
Tired

Default Insomnia?

My social anxiety has kicked in big time over recent months; so much so, I have found myself making any excuse not to leave the house other than going to/from work. It's got to the stage where I am sleeping probably no more the 2-3 hours a night and really having to force myself to leave the house and go to work. Went on a day out today but found myself not having anything to say to anyone for most of the day. Sick of being tired all the time, not fitting in with the crowd and feeling numb, no emotion, feelings etc. Is this what it's going to be like forever?
Old 8th January 2012, 09:43

Default Re: Insomnia?

have you ever tried self hypnosis/deep sleep audio files to help you sleep.

a lot of the time that works for me.

i hope you feel better soon
Old 8th January 2012, 09:49

Default Re: Insomnia?

It sounds as if you need to do something to break the vicious cycle. Your anxiety is making you sleep badly, and then the tiredness is making you more anxious.

Could you go along and see your GP - or a counsellor - something to start changing the pattern. Of course it doesn't have to be like that "forever", you are at a low ebb (maybe Christmas had something to do with it?), but many of us here have felt like that and have managed to get through it and see things in a more hopeful way. There's no quick fix for social anxiety, but there are different approaches that can help if you have patience and are prepared to try different ones if the first doesn't work for you.

Hope you feel better soon.