SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th January 2013, 21:01

Default getting help

I think I should really try and get some help. I wouldn't say im overly struggling but equally clearly enough to want to improve. However im quite sceptical and don't really see how anything is going to help and don't really see myself being able to easily talk about things.
Old 8th January 2013, 00:33

You have to get over feeling skeptical if you ever want to get better. You have to believe in it.

There is help out there but it has to come from you to start overcoming things. Good luck
Old 8th January 2013, 20:18

Mood
Spaced

Default Re: getting help

How about attending a self-help group?

I went to a group and it was very informal, noting much expected of you and no costs. It wont hurt to go along and see if you can get any tips to make you feel better.

It's no pressure. The first group I went to we just had to set ourselves a little task e.g. go to the shops alone or contact a friend or make a phonecall.

If you go to a group you might meet with other SA people and it's sort-of practice at overcoming SA as there might be 3-4 people in the group to talk to.