SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Board Management > The Garage
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #181  
Old 25th August 2008, 01:05
Azi Azi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 20,243
Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
I am trying to say, don't condemn until all the facts are in.
Indeed, like suggesting the mods had not spoken to YCM prior to banning him.

Quote:
I should have prefaced my original post with should not have been banned.. "unless it was known his actions were malicious".
The act was in itself malicious. Also he did it time and time again, on different threads, even after having seen the negative reactions of the other posters.

Quote:
His actions were moronic, no question, but was he fully aware of his actions... lets not judge someone based on an emotional gut reaction, the reaction on this thread was infantile and silly, much like YCM's conduct.

Demonstrating to YCM his actions were wrong will not be done by making pictures accusing him of having a little pinkie, or threatening to stove his head in. I doubt he will learn anything about maturity or responsibleness by the examples displayed in this thread.
They weren't designed to teach him about maturity, merely a way of venting understandable anger and hurt.
  #182  
Old 25th August 2008, 01:09
Deepguy Deepguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,437

Mood
Brooding

Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
Wowser IG, your eagle eyed fella!!
I immediately noticed that discrepency as well.

Quote:
His actions were moronic, no question, but was he fully aware of his actions... lets not judge someone based on an emotional gut reaction, the reaction on this thread was infantile and silly, much like YCM's conduct.
As far as I can see we aren't - the action to ban him has got nothing to do with the 'emotional' reactions that may or may not have occured in this thread. For his action there was an equal and opposite reaction. It's like someone breaking the law - he broke the 'laws' of SA UK if you like, and the response was decided by an impartial party - i.e. the moderators. What's emotionally gut reacting about that? Ben, I think you need to decide exactly what you're upset about - is it the decision to ban YCM or is it the content of this thread? I can understand the latter but not the former.

I noticed you didn't reply to my last response to your posts.
  #183  
Old 25th August 2008, 01:31
Ben Ben is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,528
Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Zen_Indigo
Indeed, like suggesting the mods had not spoken to YCM prior to banning him.
Did such (meaningful, seeking an explanation type) discussions occur?


Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Zen_Indigo
The act was in itself malicious. Also he did it time and time again, on different threads, even after having seen the negative reactions of the other posters.
The definition of malicious in this sense, is that he deliberately set out to cause hurt, based on the conversations (you seem to be implying you had), do you think that was the case?


Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Zen_Indigo
They weren't designed to teach him about maturity, merely a way of venting understandable anger and hurt.
Next time someone grievously insults me in one way or another, I shall remember it is acceptable behaviour to make (illegal) threats against there person and/or post legally dubious altered images of them. Your right in what you say, it defs don't display maturity at all, just sheer foaming at the mouth hate.
  #184  
Old 25th August 2008, 01:38
Pal Pal is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southampton, Hants
Posts: 11,161

Mood
Cool

Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
Next time someone grievously insults me in one way or another, I shall remember it is acceptable behaviour to make (illegal) threats against there person and/or post legally dubious altered images of them. Your right in what you say, it defs don't display maturity at all, just sheer foaming at the mouth hate.
Ben don't you think that's a normal, and quite understandable, reaction? Granted it's illegal but can we really expect everyone to be calm and collected when presented with something like this?
  #185  
Old 25th August 2008, 02:05
diplodocus diplodocus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Reading
Posts: 11,171
Blog Entries: 4

Mood
Breezy

Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
Demonstrating to YCM his actions were wrong will not be done by making pictures accusing him of having a little pinkie,
In my own case I did the pictures because I was pissed off with him and because I thought that was a pretty apt way of treating him ironically as that is the very sort of stuff you see on ebaums forum. Immature and puerile? Absolutely but that was the intention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben

Next time someone grievously insults me in one way or another, I shall remember it is acceptable behaviour to make (illegal) threats against there person and/or post legally dubious altered images of them. Your right in what you say, it defs don't display maturity at all, just sheer foaming at the mouth hate.
Ah come off it Ben! You're way out on this one. Legally dubious altered images? So taking over members photos and posting them on another website for critique without their consent isn't legally dubious?? To me that's like for like.

* Just glad I didn't pull out my Commander Riker pics
  #186  
Old 25th August 2008, 02:31
Amatus Amatus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,039
Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
Ray is not a moderator, his post displayed a certain (sarcastic) pre determined attitude towards the person in question. The fact that no moderator took the time to speak to the accused before condemning him, is a little short of satisfactory really.
Well i would like to point out that you are also NOT a mod. So how could you possibly know what actions they did or did not take. They took this matter very seriously. They stopped the guy being named and shamed. They closed this thread so they could investigate. Also their prioritys were probably (i can't say for sure) for the people who had their pictures taken. Not the man who took them and posted them to allow his "friends" to rip them to shreads and degrade them. This man gets none of my sympathy he abused his freedom on this site for a few lousy kicks.

I think people on here have reacted in ways in which they find it easiest to deal with the situation. I feel terible for the people who' pictures got stolen from this site and used elsewhere.
YCM is a vile person who addmitted to doing something wrong. His appology was meak because he wasn't really sorry.

He was guilty. He did an incredibly cruel thing. And now has to face any consequences.
  #187  
Old 25th August 2008, 11:41
Admiral Fool Admiral Fool is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexSless
the comments werent YCMs crime but they were objected to....... your gf said she wouldnt have been comfortable even if the comments had all been positive which to her credit shows consistency..... cos i think if the comments HAD all been positive i'm sure that actually in real terms YCMs crime would have been somehow diminished despite his actions being the same....... :hmmm:
How could the comments have been positive? 'Yes I would bang that she's fit' is still unlikely to have most of the women on here going 'well that's ok then' and the Ebaum posters saying 'yes, she is lovely I would take her home to meet my mum' is, well, doubtful (and a little creepy).

I don't see what the problem is anyway with people commenting generally on the sexist nature of those comments. Are they only allowed to do that if they specifically condemned the comments on the myspace thread? I think it also speaks good of Sauk, and the blokes here in particular, that most have said 'no this isn't right, he's crossed a line' as opposed to trying to justify it with the whole boys will be boys attitude.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LexSless
unfortunately that cant be done.... 'some posters' in this thread scream "i'm a hypocrite!!!!!" but you cant name names which is kindof annoying but you just gotta understand accept why and shrug your shoulders
I think this would be preferable to making posters in general feel like they have to justify their comments because of these people. You wouldn't have to just shout 'hypocrite!' at them.


Quote:
never asked this before....... why do people say that? is it a way of saying "what I'M about to say is relavent/pertinent but anything else anyone said just before me/says after me is not"?
It made me feel big, yes.
  #188  
Old 25th August 2008, 12:32
custardcreams custardcreams is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: catbus
Posts: 3,165
Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

Quote:
To be honest CC, you are presuming this or that (cos subjectively you thought she was 'preening'), just like YCM presumed that women would be OK with being judged in the exact same way, ie their looks, based on his definition of preening.
i don't think it's okay at all, that's why i said that a model shouldnt be fair game for judging in her time off. i brought up the fact of the preening (which is very definitely true unless my eyes are broken, i consider photoshop a form of preening and can tell when its been used) because i thought that this context further distanced the two events, not because i think one or both is okay.

as for the profile being private and therefore to be treated as her in her time off, i'm sure there was some short blurb on there about the mags she's appeared in... though i can't be certain.

i don't think that if the sauk women had been preened and posed it would be acceptable for ycm to use their images in that way either. i think judging women like that is shit across the board. even if you put yourself up on sauk on purpose to be judged, that doesnt give anyone else the right to use your image how they wish in another context. the fact that there's nothing to stop someone doing that is irrelevent, it's still shitty and shows a sense of entitlement to women's images.

Quote:
If you think that thread turned bad, and posters were guilty of the same crime as YCM, why are they given the benefit of the doubt and not him.
i don't think they were guilty of the same crime because of context. ycm took those images in 'cold blood' for a laugh, posters on the thread here ripped a woman to shreds for misguided reasons other than personal titillation or the titillation of their mates.

i certainly won't give the benefit of the doubt to people who called her a 'slut' and so on though. maybe a different crime, but still just as shitty.
  #189  
Old 25th August 2008, 13:31
LexSless LexSless is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 793
Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAlienBroadcast
How could the comments have been positive? 'Yes I would bang that she's fit' is still unlikely to have most of the women on here going 'well that's ok then' and the Ebaum posters saying 'yes, she is lovely I would take her home to meet my mum' is, well, doubtful.
Ah come on, thats just semantics...... but some (a minority of course but some) girls/women DO enjoy getting comments like that. to them that WOULD be a 'positive' reaction. crude reassurance of their sexual attractiveness is still reassurance of their sexual attractiveness.

but thats by the by since none of the girls/women who put their photos up were looking to be 'assessed' in that way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB
I don't see what the problem is anyway with people commenting generally on the sexist nature of those comments.
Nobody has said they so have a problem with that though have they? i know i havent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB
It's a bit of a leap to suggest that the people who do that should also have condemned the shit comments on the myspace thread.
you're at it again here!! i never said that people should also have come out and condemned the myspace chick comments... Ben may have, i dont know and cant be bothered to check.....

since you make that point though-- 'course that'd be dumb, people can post when they bloody want!! Whether or not they choose to express their feelings outwardly is neither here or there but it would be pretty inconsistent for someone to think that the SAUK lot who passed comment on myspace girl were any better than the ebaum lot--- people who posted to slag her off and then a couple of months later condemn another group doing practicaly the same thing seem to think thats the case..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB
Or suggesting that because 'boys will be boys' people can't be annoyed with that attitude.
you seem to think that because I feel one way i must therefore think no one else is entitled to feel differently....

disliking, however or to whatever level, people doing that is perfectly understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB
Or are you just highlighting that we have people here who also make shit comments, who in some instances appeared shocked at other peoples shit comments? That's not really a huge surprise.
that'd be a summation of a portion of what i think about this whole issue sure. that the nature of those 'shit comments' is the same is kinda baffling in how people seem to be blissfully unaware that theyre being hyopcrites

the thread that made me feel compelled to actually post on SAUK was when i saw scores of people celebrating a fellow member basically commiting serious domestic violence on her partner... !! ... extraordinary stuff that was!

happened the other way round and to the same people HE was a dispicable, evil c**tmuscle!! there seemed to be very little acknowledgement that they were both guilty of the same thing

Even if it shouldnt be a suprise by now it is. maybe i shouldve learned by now but i still find myself instinctively feeling that bcos of social anxiety sufferer's own sensitivity and insecurity they'd be less likely to be total arseholes in that way and yet clearly the SA frat boasts big gaping arseholes too... probably in greater number 'n' all!

Quote:
But this is surely a secondary concern that unfortunately looks like it is taking precendent over the real problem of YCM's actions?
Its not.... i think that the conversation moved on from the 'real problem'-- in different ways, everyone thinks YCM is a dick, and everyonehopes that the damage done to the girls/women whos photos he posted has been minimal,so there's nowhere else really to go with that core to the topic.

Thats probably why you thought the thread was done and dusted but there was certainly more stuff to it for me to want to talk about
  #190  
Old 25th August 2008, 14:22
Admiral Fool Admiral Fool is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexSless
Ah come on, thats just semantics...... but some (a minority of course but some) girls/women DO enjoy getting comments like that. to them that WOULD be a 'positive' reaction. crude reassurance of their sexual attractiveness is still reassurance of their sexual attractiveness.

but thats by the by since none of the girls/women who put their photos up were looking to be 'assessed' in that way..
Well, then we agree that what Ycm did wouldn't have been diminshed if the comments had been positive?

I wouldn't disagree with most of your assertion so I guess I did incorrectly take the overriding impression that you were arguing against people (or Ben was, he may have been more why I posted initially) being allowed to comment on the sexism aspect. I think the confusion arose because like I said, if you are not going to direct comments at the people you think are 'hypocrites' specifically, then the impression could be that you think everyone (or a bigger proportion than neccasary) who posted comments is a hypocrite, or the people you quote specifically to talk vicariously about others, are hypocrites for not condeming the hypocrites!

I think I know what you are getting at though.
  #191  
Old 25th August 2008, 21:22
wd40mk17.4 wd40mk17.4 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 1,546

Mood
Chatty

Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

Normally it would just be a stupid act, being that this is an SA forum, it makes his act quite harmful aswell as stupid.
the other 22 pages of typical SAUK debate and argument is kinda pointless.
The guys banned, people are angry, and rightfully so.
And then we go into circular debate mode until everyones eyes hurt and people forget what they originally said.
  #192  
Old 25th August 2008, 21:43
[MiffyKoala] [MiffyKoala] is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Derby, UK.
Posts: 539

Mood
Lurking

Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

..in the names of all the women here i say...check and mate
  #193  
Old 25th August 2008, 21:54
[MiffyKoala] [MiffyKoala] is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Derby, UK.
Posts: 539

Mood
Lurking

Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

me n moose of doom removed where my pic used to be and put that dumbasses pic in its place...muhahah!!
  #194  
Old 25th August 2008, 22:30
Arfed Arfed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 430
Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MiffyKoala]
me n moose of doom removed where my pic used to be and put that dumbasses pic in its place...muhahah!!
Heh, that's genius.
  #195  
Old 25th August 2008, 23:06
LexSless LexSless is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 793
Default Re: Found arseholes judging me online

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAlienBroadcast
Well, then we agree that what Ycm did wouldn't have been diminshed if the comments had been positive?
Absolutely!! i cant remember what i said exactly but i probably didnt make clear what i was doing there-- I think his crime wouldve been the same, i was trying to represent that i think the majority of people wouldve been swayed by a 'positive' () reception

you seem to be quite on the ball so wouldnt have been suseptable to that but unfortunately i think most people are

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB
I think the confusion arose because like I said, if you are not going to direct comments at the people you think are 'hypocrites' specifically, then the impression could be that you think everyone (or a bigger proportion than neccasary) who posted comments is a hypocrite, or the people you quote specifically to talk vicariously about others, are hypocrites for not condeming the hypocrites!
impressive multiple useage of one word! No, i understand that but unless youre someone who's VERY careful about how he words stuff (i am not) then you have to stick by the rules which generally means being very vague!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose
yes but if some people don't keep feeding the trolls they'll get bored
..and with out any (i dont think) DELIBERATE irony comes probably the most trolling comment in this thread so far!

""
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:46.


SAUK Award
Logo designed by abc
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.