SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 30th April 2007, 13:33

Default burst- up with friend

hi sa-uk,
I had fallen out with a friend, 1 of the few I meet on a regular basis. I did do a stupid thing ring up late at night, hung up on him when speaking to 1o f his relations, 2 things I did wrong.
it was not helped by the fact that I had to deal with 1 of his mates who hung up on me when I PhONE THEM. THEY DO NOT HAVE SA problems. neither does the friend I fallen out with. I let nature take it course. I even got as far as blocking both their phone no. until it gets resolved. I apologise for ringing up late and for hanging up on mum, sa took over.
any ideas please.
yours truly,
ALLEN ,this is how I'm feling towards ex mate at present
Old 30th April 2007, 14:21

Default Re: burst- up with friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen.jamespeterFox.
hi sa-uk,
I had fallen out with a friend, 1 of the few I meet on a regular basis. I did do a stupid thing ring up late at night, hung up on him when speaking to 1o f his relations, 2 things I did wrong.
it was not helped by the fact that I had to deal with 1 of his mates who hung up on me when I PhONE THEM. THEY DO NOT HAVE SA problems. neither does the friend I fallen out with. I let nature take it course. I even got as far as blocking both their phone no. until it gets resolved. I apologise for ringing up late and for hanging up on mum, sa took over.
any ideas please.
yours truly,
ALLEN ,this is how I'm feling towards ex mate at present
I am sorry you are angry with your friend I had a disagreement with my friend a couple of weeks ago it took a while to resolve it. I do not know how good a friend this person is to you. You say he is one of the few people you see regularly I guess it comes down to how important the friendship is. If he is a good friend then it is worth trying to keep him. It is hard when your friends do not SA but friendships can be difficult for many other reasons too and some SA people find it hard to keep friendships going. Lots of people really have no idea how to be a good friend to someone or expect the impossible. I sorted things with my friend because i found i missed him more than i feel upset about what had happen it did take me a while though.
Old 30th April 2007, 18:22

Mood
Tired

It doesn't seem something that you should fall out over. And if your friend was a good friend he should accept your apology. Maybe you could explain that you got nervous when his mum answered. Is there any other way you could get in touch with him without phoning? Perhaps send an e-mail? If this friend is worth keeping he should be more understanding towards you.
Old 30th April 2007, 23:28

im sorry this has happened to you, i dont think i can telly ou or advise you of what to do as all circumstances are diffrent, your thoughts and their thoughts, but dont block your phone cause if they do miss you they might come back, a friend blocked my number and i wanted to call as i realized after a few months what they menat to me ok i didnt like half of what was going on and they would never understand werei was coming from, so really i can not get incontact with them again.

friendships are strange things..not like family were their always their.

i guess they put the phone down on you as you did on them, no they didnt understand sa, they prehaps cannt
Closed Thread