SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 22nd January 2011, 16:24

Default Drugs and SA

I went to a house party the other night well it was more of a sit in. Ended up taking methodrone and completely closed up wouldn't say a word I just sat there the whole time.

I was able to give short answers to peoples question's when people tried to get me involved but that was it couldn't join in at all. People asked me why I don't talk and they where saying "say something."

I think the drugs made me worse it was like I felt frozen inside. Someone said I was like a camera I'm guessing that was because I was sat there silent watching them all talk. I feel embarrassed by this now I bet they think I'm really weird.

Has anyone else had a similar experience whilst taking drugs? and is it worth being embarrased about seing as people shouldn't care about what others think of them? But yeah I think they must think I'm very weird after this.
Old 22nd January 2011, 16:37

Mood
Breezy

Default Re: Drugs and SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse
I went to a house party the other night well it was more of a sit in. Ended up taking methodrone and completely closed up wouldn't say a word I just sat there the whole time.

I was able to give short answers to peoples question's when people tried to get me involved but that was it couldn't join in at all. People asked me why I don't talk and they where saying "say something."

I think the drugs made me worse it was like I felt frozen inside. Someone said I was like a camera I'm guessing that was because I was sat there silent watching them all talk. I feel embarrassed by this now I bet they think I'm really weird.

Has anyone else had a similar experience whilst taking drugs? and is it worth being embarrased about seing as people shouldn't care about what others think of them? But yeah I think they must think I'm very weird after this.
I've had this on drugs but only stuff like Ketamine or when I got quite para on strong skunk but Methadrone had quite the opposite effect! I was chatting virtually non-stop and I go around making friends left right and centre on that stuff

Nothing to be embarrassed about, it was the drugs not you. At least you know not to touch that stuff again.
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:24

Cheers for the replies. Sometimes when I've taken drugs it's made me more sociable but sometimes I close up. I can close up while sober to. I don't think methodrone agrees with me though so going to try and stay off that lol. Usually when I'm drunk I end up taking things that I normally wouldn't it might be a good idea to find new people to go out with although everyone seems to be doing it these days.
Old 22nd January 2011, 18:49

Mood
Spooky

this happened to me while on drugs, part of the reason why i stopped taking them. I know the exactly feeling your talking about and your not alone, many people i know experienced the same while on drugs, its like a magnification of what your like while of drugs, insecurities become more exposed. It is embarrassing but there aint nothing you can do other than try and rise above it, its your pride that been hurt and thats it, not your health etc, it depends what way you look at it i suppose....
Old 22nd January 2011, 18:53

Mood
Cloud_9

SA and drugs do not mix they just make you worse at the time of taking it, during it and after it, all i no of is skunk though, an evil drug
Old 22nd January 2011, 19:06

Mood
Chatty

I've done most things under the sun at various times.

And sometimes it has given me more confidence, but probably made me a nightmare to be around.

And at other times it has been an absolute disaster.

last time I did coke it just seemed to make me clam up and go even more quiet.

Overall the balance of my experience on drugs is 90% negative 10% positive I would say.

And once I came to that realisation, I knew I should never do them again as they werent really for me, and totally not worth it.
Closed Thread