Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 23rd October 2007, 02:28

Mood
Scurvy

Default Global Warming Anyone ?

Never been that bothered about Global Warming. I've always felt that if it is happening
then the damage has already been done. Also with countries like China and America
pumping out crap on an industrial scale what the hell difference would little old me make.

However since moving back with my folks they've been on about it endlessly (just like
the Daily Mail and BBC tell them to). Don't leave the TV on standby, we're buying a tree
to offset our trip to IKEA and all that bollox.

Anyway, this Sunday my Dad had just finished washing the cars and me being a loving
and thoughtful son offered to make him a cup of coffee. "No thanks" says Mr Green,
"I'm going to take the cars for a run to dry them off"

Oh how I laughed at the thought of the many baby Polar Bears he killed, pumping out
CO2 on this pointless task.
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:06

Default Re: Global Warming Anyone ?

I totally agree that the theory of man-made global warming is nonsense, but that we should still do our best not to waste resources. I don't know if you saw it but there was a Global warming debate in the basement a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.social-anxiety-community....ad.php?t=20084
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:25

Mood
Angelic

Firstly, it's climate change, not "global warming".

I hope I live to see the golf stream reverse: Simultaneously, people shall need to heat their homes to cope with it and realise that doing this previously was part of the reason for their chilly disposition.

I shall spent the meantime buying up thermal underwear to sell at exhorbitant prices.
Old 24th October 2007, 00:24

As Dark_Azi says, this was discussed in the Basement quite recently, so I won't rehash everything I said there. To reply to Mouse, though... imagine a boulder perched on the edge of a cliff. A small change in its position - eg by someone kicking it - could have a huge effect as it tumbles into the sea. The "we're nothing compared to China and the US" argument doesn't wash.
Old 24th October 2007, 00:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
I did hear a theory on the tv recently where they said Global warming wasnt due to all our misdemeanors but actually a natural occurrance and was going to happen anyway? Even if that be true, all being said, it doesnt do any harm to start being more energy efficient etc.... if only to preserve our natural resources and our health?
i heard that to but i think it is a natural occurence but its being sped up by all of the pollution in the world people should stop debateing if it real or not and just deal with it by cuting down the use of unrenewable energy because if its new or not we have still used alot of it and its going to run out soon
Closed Thread