Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 11th June 2009, 21:55

Mood
Crappy

Default Life is a prison

Why does life seem like a prison. I wake every morning go to work till 5.30 come home and wonder what i am going to do. Thats the life I lead every day 7 days a week. I try to make friends on line but to no avail. No one wants to know. It gets harder and harder each and every day. All my mum can say is "it will be alright" or "you'll find someone". My last g/f of 4 and a half years left me because I was becoming more and more distant and not wanting to go out much. I have always been like it not going out much. I hated being around lots of people looking at me and wondering what they were thinking about me. I cant make eye contact or hold a decient conversation. I am freaking out at what my future holds. Am I always going to be like this till my dying days. I want to escape this prison
Old 12th June 2009, 00:19

Mood
Torn

Default Re: Life is a prison

hey there, i am so sorry you feel this way. You can always change your life tho, it might not feel like it and it might be hard, but it is possible with the right support. There are other things you can enjoy, sociable things, other than going out. Do you think changing your job would help? Or maybe some counselling? I'm certain there are ways to make your life more enjoyable!
Old 12th June 2009, 00:21
serendipity73

Was saying the same sort of thing to my friend today......hence why i changed my tag on facebook (oh the shame!!) today to, 'What's it all about and whats the point'! I do the same thing day in day out, moan about how mundane my life is....yet haven't got the balls (so to speak) to do anything out the norm, well after all that would be out my comfort zone wouldn't it !!!

I am begining to wonder myself if this it, my life, how it's going to be?? and i sooooo hope to God that it isn't as some days, that thought is the only thing that keeps me going.......
Old 12th June 2009, 10:40

"Know the difference between prison and creativity and you are free."
-Thomas Goldswain
Old 12th June 2009, 15:16
Banned at own request

I feel like life, circumstance and past actions have painted me into a corner and I have no idea how to get out of it. A cage, or prison would be another way of looking at it.
Old 12th June 2009, 19:16

Mood
Tired

think we all live in our prisons

for me thats almost comfy cos i dont have to face my fears in here

its taking the step out into the real world thats hard for me

but uve got to keep trying

pm if u need a chat

nell
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:24

Mood
Alienated

see your doc and get counselling it could help you. try to be positve and do the small tihngs like excercise and a healthy diet
Old 27th September 2009, 22:59

"My prison cell, my fortress."
Old 28th September 2009, 10:48

Mood
Cool

I began posting to this thread last night with the thought that life to me is anything but a prison. Then while writing, I began to realize that somewhere deep down inside, I did feel imprisoned not too long ago.

I felt imprisoned when I was hurting inside but not enough to leave this life. I did resolve after my last divorce that I was going to have a long long long stay on this planet with no one to shed a tear when I eventually croaked. Then, one day I put an ad on an ePal website and my thinking changed. I met a girl. My cage was opened for a bit, my depression faded. Now I'm locked up once again in a relationship that's really rocky with only one foreseeable exit at the moment. I'm not hurting so much that I'm actually heading toward that exit, but the frustration of living day to day with no other avenues in sight is a bit consuming
Old 14th November 2009, 22:07

I feel like this as well, I have spend today doing nothing wondering what the future holds, I need to get out more but I can't face it
Old 14th November 2009, 23:52

Mood
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby32
Why does life seem like a prison. I wake every morning go to work till 5.30 come home and wonder what i am going to do. Thats the life I lead every day 7 days a week. I try to make friends on line but to no avail. No one wants to know. It gets harder and harder each and every day. All my mum can say is "it will be alright" or "you'll find someone". My last g/f of 4 and a half years left me because I was becoming more and more distant and not wanting to go out much. I have always been like it not going out much. I hated being around lots of people looking at me and wondering what they were thinking about me. I cant make eye contact or hold a decient conversation. I am freaking out at what my future holds. Am I always going to be like this till my dying days. I want to escape this prison
hi, pm me if you'd like to exchange messages
Old 12th June 2010, 02:39

sorry bobby32 I have felt that way many times too.
Old 10th July 2010, 00:09

Mood
Fine

Hi Bobby, I can understand how you feel.
My life is so predictable. I've also tried making "friends" online and it's impossible for me just like real life. I just don't have the energry for it.

To break the routine a little in my life I've taken a month off work in December. The plan is to go around Australia by myself although I'm still not 100% sure I'll go through with it. If I can't change who I am on the otherside of the planet there is no hope, so at least I will have tried. Anyhow good luck.
Closed Thread