SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 15th September 2018, 23:53

Default Re: The 30+ how are you feeling thread

That doesn't sound very er helpful or professional Kooky Monster. It's not a chat you're having. Sheesh. As for the massive house to herself thing -ARGH! That would be annoying if you WERE having a chat.
Old 25th September 2018, 02:16

I'm over thinking at stupid o'clock after looking at your current living situations thread.

I think I've missed the boat when it comes to buying my own place .

Now I'm hoping a small lottery win is on the cards, or any sauk member might need a lodger when I'm homeless and poor, how your brain works at stupid o'clock.

** don't quote please.
Old 25th September 2018, 07:04

We're a similar age newbs and I'm probably about 20 years away from being able to buy anywhere. Being a home owner isn't the be all and end all of everything
Old 25th September 2018, 19:50

^ Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 19:33
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I feel old today
Old 27th September 2018, 19:09
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^
Old 29th September 2018, 21:42
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Utterly depressed. I did miss my anti depressant yesterday so maybe that's had a bit of an impact. I think the change in counsellor isn't helping either, perhaps its early days and I haven't got to know her enough (and vice versa) but *sigh* I don't have the same level of mutual understanding going on with her. This week she asked me if i'd ever read 'feel the fear and do it anyway' I could feel myself inwardly rolling my eyes. I was polite but thought Christ this is why I go private to get away from this get a self help book mentality/shite. We talked about employment etc.. I was trying to tell her how trapped I feel in terms of opportunity and she just spun everything into a positive. Same with my housing situation I was telling her about all the lads hanging about in the eve or at weekends - her reply? some people would view that as a friendly neighbourhood (fmfl) Err yeah right.

I'm also lonely and bored. I am at animal sanctuary tomorrow as there short which will hopefully lift my spirits. Might go for a drive afterwards.
Old 29th September 2018, 22:08
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Thanks Kooky

Yeah I suppose I could find another counsellor. My previous counsellor died and this is who she handed me over too. So I was hoping that they'd be quite similar, they are in some ways but dunno...I suppose I'd built up a long term history and relationship with my old one. Maybe it's just me adjusting. If I don't feel it's working I probably will change.
Old 2nd October 2018, 22:03

Mood
Musical

Stressful been a crap day in work n gotta do it all again tomorrow which i'm dreading as my Anxiety levels are thru the roof
Old 24th October 2018, 15:46

****ed off. Hate my job. Hate where I live. Why did no one tell me life was gonna be like this when I was riding around on my trike and watching He-Man?
Old 29th October 2018, 13:28

Mood
Sad

Not great suicidal thoughts are the pits (I***8217;m not going to act on them)
Old 29th October 2018, 14:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
This week she asked me if i'd ever read 'feel the fear and do it anyway' I could feel myself inwardly rolling my eyes. I was polite but thought Christ this is why I go private to get away from this get a self help book mentality/shite. We talked about employment etc.. I was trying to tell her how trapped I feel in terms of opportunity and she just spun everything into a positive. Same with my housing situation I was telling her about all the lads hanging about in the eve or at weekends - her reply? some people would view that as a friendly neighbourhood (fmfl) Err yeah right.
ugghhh, oh god some therapists are so useless they really shouldn't be practising. Any reasonably intelligent friend would give you better advice. Sounds like she is more interested in saying the right thing and playing the part of "a therapist" than in actually helping you. When my grandfather was dying, a ****ing awful, pushy young therapist insisted on making him face up to the fact that his wife (my grandmother) had died. He was 76 and in the final stages of cancer ffs. Let him have his comforting delusions. She actually glared at my mother when she tried to intervene. Looking back it makes me boil with anger. She didn't give a **** about my grandfather. She just wanted to be able to go to her supervisor and say "I had a real breakthrough today."
Old 2nd November 2018, 21:12
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ God you did well to stay in the hairdressers that long! It's one of my hates. All the trendy sorts and the never ending chit chat. SA galore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moksha
ugghhh, oh god some therapists are so useless they really shouldn't be practising. Any reasonably intelligent friend would give you better advice. Sounds like she is more interested in saying the right thing and playing the part of "a therapist" than in actually helping you. When my grandfather was dying, a ****ing awful, pushy young therapist insisted on making him face up to the fact that his wife (my grandmother) had died. He was 76 and in the final stages of cancer ffs. Let him have his comforting delusions. She actually glared at my mother when she tried to intervene. Looking back it makes me boil with anger. She didn't give a **** about my grandfather. She just wanted to be able to go to her supervisor and say "I had a real breakthrough today."

Yeah some counsellors are not great, I'm still finding my feet with my new one. That sounds awful though and totally unnecessary
Old 3rd November 2018, 08:56

Well done for going, how do you feel about your hair this morning.
Old 3rd November 2018, 20:00

Trigger post

I just started another job ( I have two now) and feel like I don't have time to take a breath. I can't do the 2nd job ( the one I just took on) and talk to people as that would take up more time. I just started and wanting to say it is not for me. I feel distressed actually verbalising I can't do this as I am working. Also people go for a coffee in the canteen before work and I am too introverted - I tried it and it made me unbelievably fed up. Yesterday in my morning job just crying and crying and crying ( nobody is there so it's okay), and in my head saying take an overdose, take an overdose. The only way I could calm down was to tell myself just tell them it is not for you. I am living with my mum but I am so introverted it's hard. I need to just hold this job down so I can get into a bedsit. My family are like you should go for a better bedsit than the ones I already went for; more expensive. But I have to go for something cheap; I cannot survive otherwise. I kinda listened to them and took on board what they said. But yesterday was like yeah this is why I go for crappy places because there's nothing else I can do.

Just took another 5mg of my meds so I don't feel what I feel.

I am an introvert with other things and I just feel like the world wasn't mean for me.
Old 3rd November 2018, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny

So sorry to hear how much you are struggling. I think there's always a struggle between making enough money and being able to cope. Maybe 2 jobs is just too much at the moment, where you coping better before?
Thanks Jinny, Yes my first job is perfect because there is nobody there really.
Old 3rd November 2018, 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny
Also sometimes we are too hard on ourselves when we already know it's not right... I took on a job at the beginning of September, I work for an agency so my jobs vary, I went in the first day and couldn't cope at all.... I told the agency I didn't want the job after all and then spent a week on the verge of some kind of breakdown. Which was unessecary as I have worked most weeks since and been OK. People do change their minds about jobs all the time, it's OK to do that because until you try it you don't really know if it's right for you. I think we beat ourselves up for doing what everyone else does anyway.
Sorry to hear you were unable to cope Agency work can be tricky as you never know where you'll end up and what it will be like and you have to get the job done on time etc.
Old 3rd November 2018, 20:57

I'm feeling like a mega fatty today, I'm going to sort myself out next week, more fruit and less cakes.
Old 28th December 2018, 20:05
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Meh. Although I had a nice morning at the sanctuary I keep having moments of over the last few days.

Just the realisation of having wasted the last 20 years and there lost forever. It's kind of brought home to me by other ppl's life's over xmas. Seeing my friend in Bognor, who although has a struggle with 4 kids, has a family, a house and a partner. Today I heard one of the volunteers who used to come on a Friday is 20 weeks pregnant (she's also just bought a house with her partner). Another girl at the other place I volunteer at has just bought a house with her partner. And so on and on.

I feel I'm just getting on my feet sa wise and all the shit that went along side those years. But of course it's all too late. It's sort of profoundly depressing. My current counsellor who I sometimes mention these things to, harps on about 'focus on the things that you can change', which is truthful advice I suppose but doesn't change how I feel in the slightest. Or alter my future.

I just feel the future is fairly hopeless and a waste of time. Not good thoughts for the New Year.
Old 28th December 2018, 20:18

Mood
Cynical

^ I know it's sometimes annoying for people to say, but it's never too late to meet a partner if you want to, it would definitely be possible for you. I've also thought that you would make a really great foster or adoptive parent, I hope you don't mind me saying that.
Sometimes we do just have to concentrate on the improvements we can make and keep working towards more. It's a difficult time of year this, for reflecting on things.
Old 28th December 2018, 20:40
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ I guess your right, though I feel it's more difficult as you get older (I'm not an internet dater, nor would be) and to be honest I'm hardly a catch with my present circumstances. I'm afraid I couldn't be doing with a laddish, down the pub, type of bloke and that's probably what I would end up with, lol.

I dunno. Perhaps I'm more into the idea of being apart of a family than actually being in a relationship. Who knows.

Yeah this time of year isn't great for reflecting too much. I'm going away for 3 nights over New Year. Hoping that'll take my mind off things.
Old 23rd February 2019, 22:18

Mood
Insomnious

Angry and worried. Its time for positive change but I dunno if i have it in me to make it.
Old 26th March 2019, 18:41

Mood
Insomnious

Frustrated. It annoys me to no end that I seem to have been fighting hard on all fronts for 30 yrs yet getting nowhere. Also why is it that lifes disagreeable people are the ones who do well and are surrounded by a loving support network of people yet I genuinely care about people and try to support them but get ditched the second I ask that they care about me in return?

I don't get it at all...I feel like i've paid my dues for being born to well meaning yet ****ed up loser parents. It wasn't their fault, and it isn't mine. Why should it have set me on a path on inevitability?

It makes me hate humanity and that's so....unavoidable yet counter productive to where I want to go.
Old 26th March 2019, 21:58

Knackered
Old 26th March 2019, 22:20

I want to reset my brain.
I used to like things but now I don't really like anything.
Old 27th March 2019, 02:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiouslondoner
I hope you start to enjoy things again.
Old 27th March 2019, 04:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.Fin
Frustrated. It annoys me to no end that I seem to have been fighting hard on all fronts for 30 yrs yet getting nowhere. Also why is it that lifes disagreeable people are the ones who do well and are surrounded by a loving support network of people yet I genuinely care about people and try to support them but get ditched the second I ask that they care about me in return?

I don't get it at all...I feel like i've paid my dues for being born to well meaning yet ****ed up loser parents. It wasn't their fault, and it isn't mine. Why should it have set me on a path on inevitability?

It makes me hate humanity and that's so....unavoidable yet counter productive to where I want to go.

I understand that feeling only too well Just.Fin, infact I spent many years genuinely caring about people but often feeling like I got so very little in return - and I wasn't exactly asking for the Earth, just that they would show that they genuinely cared a little about me too. I was forever being disappointed by people and came to the conclusion that there must be something intrinsically wrong with me for people to care so little in return. It was really only when I met my husband several years ago that I started to believe that perhaps I wasn't completely repugnant and unloveable.

Yeah, that's a strange one isn't it!! Why are some of the seemingly most selfish uncaring people surrounded by a big support network of family and friends

It's unfair that some of the most arrogant folk appear to strut around without a care in the world and yet other folk (such as many of the lovely members on this site) live such lonely isolated lives and often struggle to get through each day.

Ahhh but when was Life ever fair!

I certainly don't think you should feel that you will forever be walking a long the path of inevitably that you set out on. Changes will occur whether you want them to or not. There's many times when I came so close to not being here but it's only in my middle aged years that I can now say that I'm glad, on those occasions at least, that I messed up and lived to tell the tale.

Positive changes are there for the taking Just.Fin and a big fat to the rest of humanity
Old 27th March 2019, 04:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiouslondoner
Are you taking any medication for Depression at the moment AL?

I know that feeling of no longer really liking the things that you used to like.

Depression totally destroys every bit of motivation and enthusiasm to the point where it's a struggle to get out of bed each morning. I enjoyed painting for a while (not that I was any good at it) but I nevertheless found it therapeutic but I haven't picked up a paintbrush for months. I loved spending time pottering about in the garden but can't find the same enthusiasm for it as I used to even though Spring has finally sprung. Once you get stuck in that cycle of Depression it's so hard to get out of it isn't it AL

If you start doing the things again that you used to enjoy even though at first you hate every minute of it, do you think that could reset the brain??

If you promise to give it a go, then I will too

Take care
Old 27th March 2019, 09:14

^. No I'm not on any medication. I just don't get any real excitement or enthusiasm for anything. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 27th March 2019, 16:43

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolida
I understand that feeling only too well Just.Fin, infact I spent many years genuinely caring about people but often feeling like I got so very little in return - and I wasn't exactly asking for the Earth, just that they would show that they genuinely cared a little about me too. I was forever being disappointed by people and came to the conclusion that there must be something intrinsically wrong with me for people to care so little in return. It was really only when I met my husband several years ago that I started to believe that perhaps I wasn't completely repugnant and unloveable.

Yeah, that's a strange one isn't it!! Why are some of the seemingly most selfish uncaring people surrounded by a big support network of family and friends

It's unfair that some of the most arrogant folk appear to strut around without a care in the world and yet other folk (such as many of the lovely members on this site) live such lonely isolated lives and often struggle to get through each day.

Ahhh but when was Life ever fair!

I certainly don't think you should feel that you will forever be walking a long the path of inevitably that you set out on. Changes will occur whether you want them to or not. There's many times when I came so close to not being here but it's only in my middle aged years that I can now say that I'm glad, on those occasions at least, that I messed up and lived to tell the tale.

Positive changes are there for the taking Just.Fin and a big fat to the rest of humanity
I feel exactly the same.
So many people say to just ask if you need anything or want to talk but when you do they make excuse after excuse to avoid you.

I'm glad that I have always tried to help others though, I was devastated when my neighbours went into a home but I know the help I gave them meant they had a few more years in their own house.
I'm also glad I did so much for my grandsons and spent so much time with them before being cut off from them.
It hurts to see my ex who never did anything for his own kids playing doting grandad when I can't see them but I think I'm learning to deal with it a bit better these days.

Like you there were days I almost didn't get through and didn't want to get through but things can improve.
Apart from missing the boys so much the last 2 years have been the best I've had and I feel like I'm living not just existing.
I still have bad days but have promised someone I won't ever do some of the things I've done in the past to cope and that helps too.