SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 22nd November 2013, 22:58

Mood
Lurking

Default Ever had a film crew filming you?!

Well i have! 1 year ago the Job center organised a 1 day conflict management course for me and i went to see what it was about. at first it was fine because there were no cameras and there was only about 5/6 people there. Then all of sudden a film crew for channel 4 walked in and started setting up! the job center didnt say anything about no film crew and i was kinda angry about it. Anyway some lady came to the front of the class and introduced herself and told us she was here with channel 4 blah blah and told us to ask questions and stuff when the film is rolling. I couldnt help but feel so nervous, my stomach turned, my hands were shaking and for some reason my eyes felt really heavy. Eventually the camera was rolling and i just felt the most uncomfortable i have ever felt in my life. Everyone knew i was nervous because i was shaking like a dog doing a poo, someone even asked if i was having a heroin withdrawal LOL. This is probably the worst experience i have had relatin to SA.
Old 22nd November 2013, 23:13

Default Re: Ever had a film crew filming you?!

Quote:
i was shaking like a dog doing a poo

Almost happened to me. My previous company had a crew in to do a promo film/collage thing, but i didn't want anything to do with it and told them so, i also spoke up for a fellow colleague who confided in me only moments before they were due - thought he might do, nervous type.

I'm pretty certain i'd have been looking like a dog taking a shit if i had been filmed though
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:53

Mood
Breezy

Oh sorry to hear you went through this embarrassment.
Although you were in your rights to opt out and said you don't want to be filmed.
Old 24th November 2013, 01:48

Mood
Lurking

lol so i guess im not the only one! worst nightmare ever for people with SA.

and yes i was able to opt out whenever i wanted but i don't like my SA getting in the way of life. I try to challenge it by any means necessary, and yes i would do it again because i will not let SA control me.
Old 24th November 2013, 12:32

Mood
Happy

I was filmed for 30 mins or so pinning some insects and talking about what I was doing. I wasn't meant to be doing it alone but my colleague made an excuse and disappeared.....I still haven't forgiven her. I was so nervous that my hands were shaking quite a lot, he was focused close up on my hands and pinning is fiddly business at the best if times! There were insects flying everywhere! XD

Me and my colleagues were also filmed walking a transect and catching insects, that was a lot more fun! :D although sometimes the insects escaped so the director/ camera man told me to just pretend, so I even did a bit of acting :P the guy was lovely and had a really nice Scottish accent that put me at ease somewhat :3

It was a film for the wellcome trust and may actually be online by now if anyone feels like checking....
Old 25th November 2013, 11:24

no but i've been in the other side of the camera, it can be even more nerve racking than being infront of it