SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 11th February 2013, 22:39

Mood
Mellow

Default Brain Shutdown

I find it hard to think about things when I am stressed out. If I'm put on the spot, my brain shuts down. Its starting to get real annoying

Most people probably thing I'm a dopey fool! However, I feel I have much more to offer.

Thanks

M
Old 11th February 2013, 22:54
Banned at own request

Mood
Confused

Default Re: Brain Shutdown

I know a powerful woman senior executive with a maths BSc and an MBA with distinction and a helluva CV who is experiencing EXACTLY the same thing right now.

It can get us all.
Old 12th February 2013, 00:11

I use to suffer from exam stress, for the first 5-10 minutes of the exam my mind would be blank, needless to say exams did not reflect my profficiency in the given areas very well.

Stress and pressure are not heathly conduits for fulfilling ambitions/potential.

Last edited by Ermm... Yeh?; 12th February 2013 at 08:26. Reason: Typing Errors.
Old 12th February 2013, 01:30

Mood
Energetic

Yeah this is horrible. Its like my brain moves slower when im under stress, especially socially and in conversation. Stimulants (coffee, tobacco) and practice (the longer I spend around/interacting with people in general in a day) and as a last result aclohol make it easier for me though. But every on the spot conversation still usually still ends a bit fail with me though.