SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 15th August 2005, 03:38
kp85

Default Well....it was kinda a "success"....

Hi
Not many ppl like to post their successes here unfortunately so i figured it didnt matter if I posted a "semi" success.
So neway....i only work 3rd shift a couple times a week....and theres this guy that comes in to do the floors and stuff (ima cashier at a grocery store) at night when im working. i found him really attractive and was always really curious about him...so finally i couldnt resist wanting to know more about him and i struck up a small conversation with him the other night. I would have gone further another time or even that time by asking him out....but when I asked how old he was he said 27. He looked to me like he could've been around my age! lol. I told him he that and he agreed that he'd been told similar things before about his looks.
:gunfire_t
Asking ppl out when I have no idea if they like me beforehand is something ive never done...so knowing that i wouldve (had the circumstances only been right) is a good thing. Oh well lol.
-Jamie.
Old 15th August 2005, 08:47
kp85

Default Re: Well....it was kinda a "success"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess_Walsh
I wouldn't let the age difference deter me if he seemed a great catch. That is IF, like you, I had the guts, which I don't.
Well....I'm gona be 20 in bout 2 months....so hes already like 7 years older than me (even though I thought he was around my age lol). That seems a bit on the edge for me. But even so....during my little conversation with him he mentioned he was married....so 27 or not....its a definite no go when it comes to asking him out!! lol

Last edited by kp85; 16th August 2005 at 22:50.
Old 16th August 2005, 22:52
kp85

Does no one care to give a shite except Tess? If so...I see why ppl don't wanna post their successes on this board.
Old 16th August 2005, 23:21

Thats a good achievement kp85.
Old 17th August 2005, 01:30
Founder

Well done kp85! The marriage thing does make it unlikely but it's so amazing you found the courage to take a chance!

I don't know why the trophy room is soooo dead lately-maybe we have to rethink splitting this off from the main room.
Anne
Old 17th August 2005, 03:33

I care a shite

Well done! It's good you made that first move, hopefully you will be more confident when you find yourself in that situation again!

Dan
Old 17th August 2005, 11:23

Well done!
Old 17th August 2005, 14:01
Shallah

Well done kp85 what you did takes a lot of courage

I dont understand why more people don't use this room either, or give a pat on the back when we achieve something, god knows it's hard enough for us to do anything and the very least we deserve is a bit of encouragement.
Old 18th August 2005, 20:27

Well done Jamie, that takes a lot of courage. Shame about the marriage- as you say, that might be a slight sticking point
Old 20th August 2005, 01:44

Mood
Breezy

That's great kp! Wish their were more girls like you around willing to take the lead with us shy guys.
Takes courage to do what you did. Hopefully you'll find someone else who's available, sounds as though you've got the ability to make it happen :D
Old 20th August 2005, 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshow
That's great kp! Wish their were more girls like you around willing to take the lead with us shy guys.
yeah, I totally agree. What's all this tripe with guys HAVING to make the first move anyway?

Well done Jamie, keep your eyes open, and hopefully you can get lucky next time!

Dan
Old 20th August 2005, 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshow
Seconded!! The thing is it is so unlikely. As a shy person I'd rather date a shy girl. But what are the chances of either person having the courage to instigate anything? It's a shame that so many potentially great relationships go by the wayside because people aren't able to speak up for themselves as they would like
Closed Thread