Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 22nd June 2018, 09:06

Mood
Breezy

Default Successes So Far Today

• On the bus up to work this morning, two colleagues from my department got on and sat right behind me. I have chatted to one of them quite a bit and it was the first time I'd met the other. I turned and talk to them for the duration of the rest of the ride. It was a busy bus but that didn't prevent me. I actually quite enjoyed it.
  • I was confident and happy walking into my office this morning and gave my colleague a cheery "Good Morning".
  • I walked down the corridor to make a cup of tea and had a brief chat with one of the guys I passed in the corridor about his recent trip away. All within earshot of others!

I've come a long way over the years and am making good progress since starting with this employeer. It's only 9am. I hope the day continues with positive steps. Have a good day SAUK and keep thinking ++ ! :-)
Old 25th June 2018, 15:32

Mood
Breezy

Default Re: Successes So Far Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebka
That’s awesome to hear Baxter! I hope that day did continue to go well, and that things have been good since then too but those things you listed alone are still brill!
Thanks Rebka! More successes today! I hope your week is getting off to a good start too. :-)
Old 25th June 2018, 15:33

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
:D lovely!
Glad it made you :D Biscuits! :-)
Old 25th June 2018, 15:35

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny
sounds good
I'm in a very sa place at the moment, probably because I've not been working many days so I'm spending much more time alone & also I've been feeling physically low, so overall not great. But I like the mindset of looking for the positive..

so this morning I got my children miraculously to school on time. Even though every day it feels like a totally unmanageable task...they've never actually been late for school. That must count for something?
Keep thinking ++! And yes of course that counts for something^

I bet you're an ace parent!
Old 25th June 2018, 20:41

I've been practicing looking management in the eye when I walk past them.

I normally shy past them, hunch up with my head down , no eye contact. This makes me look weird. Because it makes me look weird I feel even more obliged to make no eye contact next time.

Today i challenged myself to look at least 3 in they eye, smile and say good morning - i did 2/3 :-)