Windows XP 32 61.54%
Windows 2000/ME/98/3.11 4 7.69%
Mac - Tell me which one! 3 5.77%
Linux - Tell me which one! 3 5.77%
Other 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 6th October 2007, 19:40

Default Re: What operating system do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy
98SE since it does all I want except easilly run USB2 then I wont change until I HAVE to go broadband.
You can run broadband on a 98SE machine - I do so on my aforementioned P3. Admittedly it's not very smooth, and I wouldn't recommend it for gaming or video, but it does work for basic surfing/email etc.
Old 16th October 2007, 09:47

I'm currently testing out 64-bit Kubuntu 7.10 Release Candidate for my PC on a separate partition. I tried Ubuntu but felt that Gnome didn't have as much of the customisation needs that KDE did, so I switched to Kubuntu.

I have finally got it working OK, though it may have included a lot of swear words whilst I tried to get the media programs working (RealPlayer 10 doesn't like me, I ended up using KMPlayer with the MPlayer Plugin). Hopefully after one or two bits more testing, I can fully switch to Kubuntu.

Oddly enough, I can run Flash in my 64-bit Firefox (something Vista cannot do - I double checked to make sure, it says x86_64 in the about box) and I can also use my Digital TV card (my card manufacturer refuses to support 64-bit Vista with my not old card). So yes, Linux does have better support for my PC than Vista does!
Old 16th October 2007, 13:07

Mood
Inspired

thanks Logan. That might apply with some ISP providers .Its just that Orange has stopped supporting 98 with their start up CD. I'd have to do it manually or network with my daughters XP machine.
Closed Thread