SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 30th December 2005, 21:45

Default Hello

Hi there everyone. I'm very new to this site, and haven't lurked for long, so apologies if I make any faux pas.

I am a 23 year old woman, living in London.

I have spent many, many years of my life thinking I was just shy and awkward, and just well ... not very likeable. I have not had a diagnosis, and have not yet been to my doctor about this issue, because it has only recently occured to me that there might actually be something more wrong with me than the above. I should probably go to the doctor. Only, I have been so many times during my teen years for various depressive/self harm and other physical problems that I am really fed up with going.

Plus of course ... I don't want to go anywhere, or see anyone.

I think this has come on fairly gradually to the point where it is getting quite severe and is certainly starting to affect my life and my happiness, and my career prospects.

I have a very supportive and loving boyfriend, no friends, and I can not discuss this with my family.

Can anyone offer any advice? I haven't a clue what to do.

Thank you.
Old 30th December 2005, 21:53
Intro Guy

Default Re: Hello

Hi Margham, welcome to the site.
Old 31st December 2005, 03:55
Founder

Hi Margham, welcome to SAUK What to do next? Well, first advice would be to ask you local GP for a referral for CBT, but it sounds like you won't do that. Next is to get some books on CBT to work on your own. Here's one link with the basics. In addition, books by Gillian Butler are highly recommended.
Good luck and keep posting
Anne
Old 2nd January 2006, 19:08

Hi Margham, tis good to meet you! Welcome to the site n Happy New Year!
Old 2nd January 2006, 20:42
Shallah

Hello Margham welcome to SAUK
Closed Thread