SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 8th June 2016, 19:32
Banned at own request

Mood
Doh

Default feeling awkward coming back to work after holidays

Does anyone else feel awkward/anxious/out of the loop when they come back to work after a holiday?

I feel as though I don't know what went on last week when I was off, also that people may have been talking about me...

Is this just me or can anyone relate?
Old 8th June 2016, 22:39

Mood
Sweettooth

Default Re: feeling awkward coming back to work after holidays

I don't work so can't relate to it in that situation but when I was at school and was off even for just one day I felt as though I had missed out on something important and would feel anxious about going back.
Old 9th June 2016, 19:05

Mood
Lurking

I get this, especially after a 2 week holidays. I always think something terrible has happened when I've been away. But when I get back to work nothing has changed and everything is just plodding on as usual.
Old 10th June 2016, 00:51

I usually feel awkward and out of the loop even before I take holidays, so for me it's normal at all times as I'm what you'd describe as very timid and distant at work, but that's because I find the group work environment very difficult..
Old 20th June 2016, 16:57

We used to have a manager who would change procedures at work every other day without bothering to make sure everyone knew, so coming back after time off was always quite stressful trying to find out what I would be told off for for doing the old way. Also don't like everyone asking how my time off was, what I got up to, etc. I know they're just being friendly but I find it a bit annoying after the third person has asked, ha