SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 12th August 2017, 00:26

Default Do you ever worry that if you died, your funeral would be embarrasing...

Because everyone would see how few friends you had?

I do
Old 12th August 2017, 01:02

Default Re: Do you ever worry that if you died, your funeral would be embarrasing...

Yeah I basically wouldn't want a funeral but an awful lot of people that know me would feel guilt and so would turn up.
Old 12th August 2017, 01:50

Mood
Lurking

Default Re: Do you ever worry that if you died, your funeral would be embarrasing...

It's not something I worry about. I know the people who care about me would turn up, and as long as they play Plainsong by The Cure and Pig Powder by God is an Astronaut for me then I'll be a happy bunny.
Old 12th August 2017, 04:04

This is one thing I can honesty say I wouldn't even care what people thought.
Old 12th August 2017, 04:21

No. I don't care much for grandiose funerals.
Old 12th August 2017, 06:53

Mood
Relaxed

They can just feed me to starving animals or throw me in the bin.
Old 12th August 2017, 13:46

Mood
Tired

I'd be bothered about the eulogy. I remember when my Grandpa died in 1994 the priest was saying things along the lines of "He was a shy man, didn't have many friends etc", it made me wince and it was weird because I never saw him like that at all.
Old 12th August 2017, 16:19

Mood
Alienated

I hadn't till I read this post!

It certainly wouldn't be much of a turn out...not that I'd care, being dead and all
Old 12th August 2017, 16:29

Mood
Cynical

No, the one time I won't be worrying about what people think is when I'm dead.
Old 12th August 2017, 16:31

Mood
Shoveit

No, if they don't like it they can leave or kiss my bloated corpses ass
Old 12th August 2017, 16:37

Couldn't give a monkeys arse.
Old 12th August 2017, 18:30
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Erm, no. It would bother me dying and not meaning anything to anyone though.
Old 12th August 2017, 22:02

No, because I would be dead.
But can't be morbid, many more good days to live.
Old 13th August 2017, 00:05

No,it`s one of the things I don`t worry about. I assume (if I think about it all) that it`ll be some sort of pauper thing with no-one there but me and someone to dig a hole/push a button but seeing as I`ll be dead I doubt I`ll be too upset.

Too much to worry about in life that I`m here for to add in stuff I won`t know about (even if there was such a thing as an afterlife I`d hope I`d have better shit to do).
Old 13th August 2017, 00:38

Mood
Pensive

Yes I have thought about it before and would feel embarrassed as only family would turn up have no friends so would be quite a short send off lol. I also worry about what my family would say in the speech they have to do wouldn't be much to say about me or my life.
Old 13th August 2017, 12:20

Related to this, I was recently visiting my mother a lot when she was in a hospital ward, and I noticed some people had visitors coming and going all the time, and they were surrounded by get well cards, while other people had absolutely nobody visiting them. And yes I did think it will be a bit embarrassing. Though I don't care about the funeral as I won't know about that.
Old 15th August 2017, 00:22

Mood
Musical

Maybe they'd think they had all died before you? Although why would I care I would be dead. Also I hope by the time I'm old I'll be SA free + have made a friend. I live in hope.
Old 15th August 2017, 18:24

Default Do you ever worry that if you died, your funeral would be embarrasing...

Ha ha all the time. Although going forwards, I'm trying very hard to not care what others think about me.
It'll matter even less in death!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15th August 2017, 18:37

Mood
Tired

when Jimmy Saville died,. thousands and thousands of people lined the streets and 700 squeezed into a Cathedral for his service,.
now they're all embarrassed,

as a wise man once said,.. happy is the man who is nothing,

the world has had it's fair share of people who desired to be noticed, applauded, listened to, obeyed etc. and it has suffered from many of them.

and in the end, all their ego's desires and machinations were akin to a dream, in the end you find you are nothing.
so, having an empty service is quite fitting probably
Old 15th August 2017, 20:33

Mood
Balanced

No I have a pre paid funeral plan, and I have requested no funeral service, I did request that my basic cremation casket be taken straight to the cremator, however the lady at the undertakers told me that by law all casket's have to go in via the chapel.
Old 15th August 2017, 21:24

Mood
Lonely

Not worried about my own funeral, more my dad's. He doesn't have any friends, most of the relatives have already passed away, so when the time comes there's going to be very few people there and I suppose I'm going to have to organise it.
Old 27th January 2019, 02:59

Well I started this thread 17 months ago, so won't reply to all the individual posts (also it's 3am and I'm a bit tired!); although they're all genuinely good and interesting replies! Some sad, some funny!
Old 27th January 2019, 03:36

Couldn't give a jism
Old 27th January 2019, 23:53

Mood
Scared

well why would I care, I would be dead..
Old 28th January 2019, 05:42

Mood
Grumpy

I really don't give a damn about my lack of friends or people who care about me. What I care is that because of how I have a lack of people following me and how I am; my dead piece of shit meat might be laying here and stinking up the place, and with all dead flies and maggots and shit. I wouldn't want my Mum (who is never here) to one day return and encounter this shit that is my rotting corpse. At least she might to get some kind of insurance payment. Every silver lining, hey?
Old 28th January 2019, 10:47

Tbh, I wouldn’t care if noone showed up because I’d be dead. I’ve spent all my life feeling embarrassed about having so few friends so I’m buggered if I’m going to continue feeling embarrassed when I’m lying dead in my coffin!

That said, it makes me feel quite sad to think that nobody might turn up to say a final farewell if the reason was that I’d brought nothing positive into their lives.
Old 28th January 2019, 19:10

I have thought about it but ultimately decided I don't really care, though I sometimes think I'd rather my family just dumped me in the bin and went out for a good dinner instead. I'd be more worried if I ever managed to get married and had about 10 people I know at the wedding compared to about 50 or 100 my imaginary wife knows.
Old 29th January 2019, 00:49

Mood
Mellow

Im a register organ donar so I'm hoping they dissect me to bits and use me up so there's actually nothing left to bury. Because let's face it, if im old i probably won't have anyone left to arrange a funeral for me
Old 29th January 2019, 01:54

I have thought about no-one but family being there my brother in law died suddenly at only 35 a few weeks ago so that got me thinking about it,i have been looking at a direct cremation for myself the money I have for my funeral would be better in my son's pocket than some rip off funeral directors and my son has SA too so wouldn't want to be the centre of attention either but I'm worried my family might think I am snubbing them.
Old 29th January 2019, 06:19

I don't care, might as well let the person who organises it decide as it's all for their benefit not mine.