Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 15th May 2020, 22:54
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

My hair is starting to annoy me, it's not ridiculously long but it's starting to go wavy.
I'm seriously contemplating trimming it myself but I could end up looking like even more of a tit than I do already.
Old 16th May 2020, 09:44

Mood
Thinking

Because I rarely use my phone I'm being targeted by Deaf sites and advertising!
As for Teams and Zoom - All a bit scary for me right now

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 16th May 2020, 15:57

If I’ll ever be able to cope with change. My OCD is creeping in again because my mum keeps making changes. I feel so out of control when she makes drastic changes. I understand it’s her home too and unfortunately she loves change and me, well I just want the world to stay still as I know it. Today really hurt because she got someone to take most of the garden shrubs away so it’s relatively bare. It feels like she’s stripping my memories away but to her “it’ll grow back” and my tears are an overreaction. They are but to me, every change just brings me back to a time in my life when keeping control of my surroundings was my only safety net and I just can’t cope with that feeling in any sense again.
Old 16th May 2020, 16:57

^^ Why specifically deaf sites Greenman?
Sorry if that's a daft question

@ Blackflies I think many of us with pre-existing mental health conditions have found that some of our symptoms have worsened during the Pandemic (and of course people are developing mental health problems for the first time too) and I don't know if this might be the reason why your OCD is creeping back and you reacted badly to your mum making changes.

I must admit, although I don't suffer with OCD, I loathe change too and feel especially sad when things that have been around for years and years are thrown away. Those established shrubs in your mum's garden were a link to the past and held memories. My mum has a big old pear tree in her garden and I hate it when she has a huge bit lopped off the top. It dates back to my childhood and reminds me of a time when my dad was around (he died 30 years ago). If the whole thing was cut down I'd probably need therapy, lol, so I can relate to why your mum's recent changes would upset you.

Maybe in the future, your mum could make one or two compromises and keep a few items that are particularly important to you - after-all, it is your home too
Old 16th May 2020, 23:01
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

I desperately need to find a better way of earning money.
My income is barely enough to cover the basics as it is and if I don't do something I will have no hope of renting a place of my own.
Old 17th May 2020, 17:57

^Me too.

I'm thinking I'm keeping less in contact with my friends during this lockdown, simply because I have nothing to say, none of us have been doing much. IRL we can have a conversation about nothing, but by text it seems different.
Old 21st May 2020, 01:39

about how all this is like a punishment from a wrathful Old Testament God to our spoiled and polluting world. I mean like the God who would unleash a plague of killer locusts or drown the enemies of Israel with a huge wave.

Not sure what I'm on about tbh.
Old 21st May 2020, 05:11

I should cut down on the amount of news I'm consuming as it's proving to be way too depressing
Old 21st May 2020, 14:50
Banned at own request

Nah, Nature isn't necessarily a good thing:

Let's stop romanticising nature. So much of our life depends on defying it

Quote:
The romanticisation of the “natural” is, Levinovitz notes, rooted in privilege. Only those who enjoy a lifestyle sufficiently protected from the ravages of nature have the licence to romanticise it. In countries with robust health systems, people have the dispensation to opt for natural childbirth, or alternative medicines, or reject vaccines. In much of the world in which “natural” childbirth is an imposition on women, not a choice, both maternal and infant mortality rates are staggeringly high. It is poverty that condemns so many in the global south to rely on traditional medicine or to live without vaccines.
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-on-defying-it
Old 21st May 2020, 15:12

Mood
Cynical

^^ Yeah, there's a difference between appreciating nature and the natural world and saying that things that are 'natural' are automatically good......it's natural for animals in the wild to sometimes kill or eat their own young, but is that something that we think humans should be doing, no! Like you say dying in childbirth is very common and natural but now that we have medical interventions that can save people we should definitely use them.
Old 21st May 2020, 16:47
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ I wouldn't know tbh. But I suspect some (not all) paedophile hunters are ppl who have been abused or affected by abuse and perhaps haven't been able to talk about it or come to terms with it themselves or haven't been able to bring there abuser to some kind of accountability. I watched a documentary with a guy who was a vigilante and as the programme progressed you could tell he'd been sexually abused as a child but couldn't speak about it or admit it openly.
Old 21st May 2020, 17:12

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
^ I wouldn't know tbh. But I suspect some (not all) paedophile hunters are ppl who have been abused or affected by abuse and perhaps haven't been able to talk about it or come to terms with it themselves or haven't been able to bring there abuser to some kind of accountability. I watched a documentary with a guy who was a vigilante and as the programme progressed you could tell he'd been sexually abused as a child but couldn't speak about it or admit it openly.
I think I saw the same documentary.
Old 22nd May 2020, 01:45

I keep feeling/seeing things that aren't there. Like something poking me gently on the leg, or tickling me, like a stray hair. And like black spots in my vision but it's happening wayyy to often.

This is it. This is my downward spiral into becoming James McAvoy in Split.

Also just spent about ten seconds trying to wipe a mark off my phone screen before realising it was a full stop that wasn't meant to be there.
Old 22nd May 2020, 13:53

Mood
Fine

I've been servicing my car myself, pretty pleased with myself The last person to service it did everything up way too tight, actually bent the metal on the oil filter wrench undoing it, it's only supposed to be tightened a bit more than hand-tight
Old 22nd May 2020, 20:35
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Did you know that Robbie Williams didn't actually write the lyrics for 'Angels'? He bought the lyrics from a guy he met in a pub for £10,000.
Old 22nd May 2020, 23:44
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Am I the only person who only found this out recently? Lol
Old 22nd May 2020, 23:52

Hasn't he got a songwriting mate or something? The name Guy Chambers comes to mind
Old 23rd May 2020, 00:02
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ Yeah Guy Chambers was/is his writing partner.
Old 23rd May 2020, 04:21

Worrying about things related to life and work and I've been awake for hours.
Old 23rd May 2020, 12:59

^ Hope you managed to push those worries aside for awhile, newbs, and catch up with some sleep

I wish I lived in a less extroverted neighbourhood. I could hear them all out the front earlier chatting and laughing. I guess they were all socially distancing so were talking in even louder voices than usual. Even in the safety of indoors I felt anxious hearing their chatter coming through the open window.
In some ways social distancing is no good for someone like me because I have such a timid quiet voice that no one can hear. Not that anyone, apart from my nearest and dearest, is interested in anything I have to say anyway
Old 23rd May 2020, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
^ Yeah Guy Chambers was/is his writing partner.
It's always tickled me how much Robbie owes his career to Guy Chambers, the songs he did without him are dire.
Old 23rd May 2020, 16:35
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Why does my IBS keep flaring up at weekends?
Old 23rd May 2020, 18:23

^ Are you eating different things at the weekend compared to weekdays? Maybe fattier richer foods or bigger meals? Is something causing you to feel more stressed at the weekends?

I don't suffer with IBS but I know people who do. It's can be a horrible thing to suffer with so you have my sympathies
Old 25th May 2020, 13:18
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

I just want to say, if I upset anyone's feelings or if I am coming across as an arsehole, please tell me. I would much rather I know than think that people don't feel welcome because of the way I respond on here.
My jokes, can be way off the mark at times. I know. I think I had a running joke about that with someone on here ages ago. About how bad my jokes were.

I have no ill will to anyone on here but sometimes I suspect I'm giving off a bad vibe on here. not sure if this is me being paranoid or not.
Old 25th May 2020, 13:25
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

I have responded very crudely and in the past I have been pretty pathetic with some members of the opposite sex on here. I just want to say, most, if not all, of them were when I was in a bad drinking phase. I still regret them now and cringe when I do.
Also, at times I have had romantic feelings towards some people on here and I just never knew what to do with them feelings. Its complicated and I just didn't know how to approach those people I had some feelings for.

Anyway, just please, if anyone upsets you on here, don't be afraid to tell them that. when it comes to me, I really don't mind getting called out if I'm being an arsehole.

Anyway, no excuses, I was an arsehole, and just want to address this issue as it seems to be a problem on here.
Old 25th May 2020, 13:45
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

and whose pissed off our national treasure, Biscuits? I'm not having it!!!! :P
Old 25th May 2020, 13:49

Mood
Cynical

^^ Aw, if you did anything wrong from a moderating point of view we'd let you know straight away. But I can't say you've caused us any trouble!

^ I know, it's a travesty, she is a national treasure.
Old 25th May 2020, 14:47

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuq
I don't think she's coming back
I suppose it might be that her computer's broken and she hasn't been able to fix it due to the lockdown.
Old 25th May 2020, 15:12

Mood
Cynical

^ People sometimes do have breaks for extended periods of time and then come back.
Old 25th May 2020, 15:14

Mood
Breezy

^Fingers crossed she'll be back. SAUK just isn't the same without Biscuits.