SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 18th November 2012, 14:36
Banned at own request

Default Video of me reading something

I just wanted to share this. Sorry I'm mumbling a bit, so here is the text. It is taken from the Power of Thought by Henry Thomas Hamblin:

'People say: "You can't help thinking these thoughts can you?" They take it for granted that one cannot control one's thoughts. They do not realise that it is possible deliberately to change the subject as regards one's thoughts, in the same way that one changes the topic of conversation. We all of us change the subject of conversation when it becomes distasteful to us, but how many of us change the subject of our thoughts in the same deliberate manner, by the exercise of our will? Yet it can be done, almost as easily, if we will only DO IT, instead of thinking and saying that it cannot be done. Not only is it possible to change the subject of our thoughts, but it is also possible to refrain from thinking altogether. Both are accomplishments of the highest possible value and they can be acquired only by practice and self training; but, even the weakest of us can acquire them if we are quietly persistent. We do not need to be clever, or greatly gifted, or out of the ordinary. Indeed, we may be very much under the average in mental gifts, will power and intellectual endowments; yet, if we are quietly persistent, we can learn to overcome our thoughts, in course of time. And when we become master of our thoughts we become master of ourselves, and when we become master of ourselves we become master of life itself; not by opposing the discipline of its experiences, but by dealing with them in the best possible manner, maintaining a calm and steadfast mind, a quiet faith and an unflinching spirit.'
Old 18th November 2012, 14:39
Banned at own request

Default Re: Video of me reading something

Very brave of you! You have a lovely clear voice, very easy to understand
Old 22nd November 2012, 23:09

Mood
Insomnious

Good vid, man
Old 22nd November 2012, 23:20

Very nicely done