Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 18th February 2012, 19:19

Mood
Lurking

Default Re: Football Season 2011-2012

^
Yep, I assume confidence has taken a battering. That just leaves 4th place to go for, but with no distractions getting in the way they can put all their energies into that now.
Old 18th February 2012, 19:21
Banned

I hope he stays just so he can keep driving them into the ground. Out of the cups now and can see them slipping down the league, will probably finish behind the likes of Sunderland, Norwich and Everton
Old 18th February 2012, 19:23

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark101
The wankers at The Sun will be hoping they can get him sacked but they can **** right off
I don't read that rag, but assume from your comments they've been on his case? I hate the way the media pick a victim in football management and try to hound him out of his job. They did it with Rafa Benitez and others. They are like bloody sharks and don't let go until they get their kill, then they turn on someone else.
Old 21st February 2012, 14:38
Banned at own request

Mood
Relaxed

A pound coin was thrown onto the pitch at Ibrox. Police are trying to determine whether it was a missile or a takeover bid.
Old 21st February 2012, 21:43

Taxi for AVB!
Old 21st February 2012, 23:02

http://hasandrevillasboasbeensackedyet.com/

Keep refreshing, haha
Old 26th February 2012, 13:12

Oh I am looking forward to this one.

I am worried than Van Persie today but I reckon that Spurs are gunna win.

2-1. Ade and Saha getting one each.
Old 26th February 2012, 13:27
Banned

Yeah I'm fairly confident. Quite happy Oxlade-chamberlain is on the bench, Benayoun hasn't done much and with him Rosicky and Walcott they look distinctly light-weight. If we keep Van Persie remotely quiet we should win.

My flatmate has the Steel City derby on the radio upstairs, I haven't heard any screams yet so presume it's still nil-nil.
Old 26th February 2012, 13:41

Haha! What the hell was that from Arsenal? Get in!

*edit* Shitting hell. What a half, great goal from Van Persie but Spurs look a little lightweight in midfield, Kranjcar seems a bit lost. The defence looks a bit disorganised as well.
Old 26th February 2012, 14:34

Watching the United game, gutted I can't watch the Derby sounds like a cracker, first time i've ever been rooting for Arsenal that's for sure.
Old 26th February 2012, 14:47

Bloody hell Spurs you idiots. What the hell is this rubbish? Learn to defend ffs. Sack Harry, get rid off all the players. We are getting relegated next season.
Old 26th February 2012, 15:08

WHY? I hate you Spurs, so much. Why today? Why start 2-0 up. Why have you spent all season making me doubt my pessimistic nature. I trusted you. I believed in you. I always knew this sort of thing might happen again but not today, not with them.
Old 26th February 2012, 15:34

Mood
Cloud_9

2-0 andddddd you ****ed it upppppppppppp 2-0 and youuuu ****edddd it upp..

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttt ttttttt..
Old 26th February 2012, 15:35

Mood
Cloud_9

hey pays when he wants, he pays when he waaaaaaaants, old harry redknapp pays tax when he wants!
Old 26th February 2012, 15:49

Sounds like an interesting game to say the least (not sure which is more shocking of the comeback or the collapse based off how they both have been playing), not that I've seen any due to Utd were playing at the same time.

As for our game, Norwich were robbed they were the better team except for the first 20-25 and last 5 mins. Almost seems like their mistake was actually scoring as the change in our performance was staggering. Also of note De Gea been great since the Anfield game and Giggs on another day would be taking the headlines with a last gap winner on his 900th game but with the derby and a cup final later probably just on the wrong day.
Old 26th February 2012, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emski
hey pays when he wants, he pays when he waaaaaaaants, old harry redknapp pays tax when he wants!
Old 26th February 2012, 17:02

I am genuinely upset still. I have received taunting text messages. This bullying must cease!

Also, good to see Liverpool losing. Come on Cardiff!
Old 26th February 2012, 18:12
Banned

Just spent the last couple of hours in a bad mood having to put up with my chirpy Wednesday supporting mate after they won their derby, well least he's not a gooner. It was just like the bad old days, but we still have a 7 point lead so no need to panic. Tough match next against United though.

Turned on the Cup final now, apparently this is the fifth time Cardiff have been to extra-time on this cup run.
Old 26th February 2012, 18:52

Poor Cardiff.

Some dreadful penalties there.
Old 26th February 2012, 19:54

Mood
Amused

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss!

To coin a phrase...'Football. Bloody hell!' :trophy:
Old 26th February 2012, 21:12

Mood
Lurking

Brilliant cup final today. It was a pity a side had to lose at all, but in the end the better side eventually won. Although Cardiff were on the defensive for vast periods I thought their fighting spirit and effort were magnificent. Definitely one of the best League Cup Finals I've seen.

Anyway, Liverpool have now won more cups in the 21st century than any other English club. So a good day.

Seeing Arsenal smash Spurs rounds the day off nicely too.
Old 28th February 2012, 23:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfica
Brilliant cup final today. It was a pity a side had to lose at all, but in the end the better side eventually won. Although Cardiff were on the defensive for vast periods I thought their fighting spirit and effort were magnificent. Definitely one of the best League Cup Finals I've seen.

Anyway, Liverpool have now won more cups in the 21st century than any other English club. So a good day.

Seeing Arsenal smash Spurs rounds the day off nicely too.
Was a great game and good to win a trophy at last it was a bit like a lot of the league games this season with many goal attempts , thirty something , although not that many clear cut chances plus Cardiff had a few too. Its funny how many finals with Liverpool go to extra-time and often penalties!

It would have been better for us if Spurs had won as it puts Arsenal further in front so have to beat them on saturday as getting fourth place is going to be tough now with Chelski there as well.
Spurs were pathetic conceding 5 in 34 minutes they folded like a pack of cards once they went 2-0 up they even made Rosicky look good!
Old 29th February 2012, 01:34

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Stranger
Was a great game and good to win a trophy at last it was a bit like a lot of the league games this season with many goal attempts , thirty something , although not that many clear cut chances plus Cardiff had a few too. Its funny how many finals with Liverpool go to extra-time and often penalties!

It would have been better for us if Spurs had won as it puts Arsenal further in front so have to beat them on saturday as getting fourth place is going to be tough now with Chelski there as well.
Spurs were pathetic conceding 5 in 34 minutes they folded like a pack of cards once they went 2-0 up they even made Rosicky look good!
Yes, it was like so many league games against average opposition where we have so many chances (39 attempts on goal I believe, as well as 19 corners) but fail to convert enough of them. When I say 'average opposition' in this case Cardiff played out of their skins and were quite magnificent. If we'd have lost I'd not have begrudged them the win at all. Superb effort by them! But in the scheme of things they are not world beaters and would admit that themselves.

Regarding finals, well yes, we tend to do it the hard way. But we've now been in some of the most exciting European Cup, UEFA Cup, FA Cup and now League Cup Finals of all time. It doesn't do the nerves much good, but my god, the excitement.

Yep, a Spurs win would have been better for us, and I fully expected them to get the win too, but as I quite like Arsenal it was nice to see how it turned out on the day. This will probably galvanise Spurs now, and I fully expect them to pick up again and get second or third.
Old 29th February 2012, 01:40

Saw like 25 mins, extra time & pens of the final, just in that period you both should have scored more and seemed a good game. But was some dreadful pens really (especially Cardiff's though Liverpool did have the worst individual one).

Hope Spurs feel like letting in 5 again next weekend, the goal difference wouldn't be bad for us, but honestly I'd take any sort of win (though if you do lose, you could start to risk losing 3rd). Unrelated..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17195374

£77.50 for a ticket to that game, that's ridiculous (even if not like I'd be going myself).
Old 29th February 2012, 01:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja81
It was like watching the Spurs of old, I thought we were made of stronger stuff these days but that was a worrying collapse.
Yes it was a bit like the Spurs of old but Arsenal were good and Spurs did have 2 bad defeats at the start of the season especially at home to Man City and came back well from them so maybe they will do the same again but maybe all the `Arry for England talk could be having an effect on them.
Old 29th February 2012, 01:43

^^^ Interesting you should say that. Hmm. I can see Spurs spluttering over the line and just holding onto third. Playing Man U and Chelsea in the next month won't be easy. The fixtures for April and May look 'easy' on the face of it but playing relegation threatened teams fighting for their lives is never an easy proposition.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Spurs may lift the FA cup, however.
Old 29th February 2012, 01:49

^ I hope Spurs can beat Utd and Chelsea! Spurs wont win the FA cup because the year doesn`t end in a 1 although they did win it in 1982 I remember!
Old 29th February 2012, 01:51

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golz
Saw like 25 mins, extra time & pens of the final, just in that period you both should have scored more and seemed a good game. But was some dreadful pens really (especially Cardiff's though Liverpool did have the worst individual one).
I've seen some cracking gifs of Charlie Adam's miss.

Yep, it was a good game. Tough on the old nerves though.
I think we did deserve it on possession, attempts on goal and corners etc. Quite overwhelming really, yet Cardiff still could have won it. I was really impressed with them. If they played like that most weeks they'd get into the Premiership and hold their own. They only had three corners and two were in the very last minutes of normal time. As soon as they got the first one I said to my girlfriend that they'd score. We cleared it off the line. As soon as they got the second one I said, you watch, they'll equalise now. You don't have to be psychic to see what's coming sometimes.

We just never go the easy way. I've got no nails left and a head full of grey hairs now. A good win, and one I hope we can push on from now. As United know well, trophies bring confidence, so no top flight trophy is to be sniffed at.
Old 29th February 2012, 02:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfica
As soon as they got the first one I said to my girlfriend that they'd score. We cleared it off the line. As soon as they got the second one I said, you watch, they'll equalise now. You don't have to be psychic to see what's coming sometimes.

We just never go the easy way. I've got no nails left and a head full of grey hairs now. A good win, and one I hope we can push on from now. As United know well, trophies bring confidence, so no top flight trophy is to be sniffed at.
I thought the same, that they would equalise, just like I knew Norwich were going to earlier in the day (more of a case of when there). Though that was a bit more obvious given they were the better team.

We don't like to do things the easy way either, even often in normal games (see Norwich again, still staggering what them scoring did though, from being outplayed to we could have scored 3-4 in them last 9 mins or so. It's like someone flicked a switch). A more high profile game of not doing it the easy way, ask Terry what he thinks of pens. Could be at it all day for examples but so bet so could you and it's part of what makes it interesting (even if tend to the forget or ignore the ones that work against).

Would say you seemed the better side but in terms of making chances to steal it and just how much effort Cardiff were putting in, them winning would have been just as fair a result as it was.
Old 29th February 2012, 04:23

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golz
Would say you seemed the better side but in terms of making chances to steal it and just how much effort Cardiff were putting in, them winning would have been just as fair a result as it was.
Yep, I said to my girlfriend after they equalised that whoever nicks it now will surely deserve it. It was a shame either side had to lose, it really was.

I didn't see the Norwich game, but I actually fancied them against you. Not unrealistically going by what you said the game panned out like. Seems you still have that never say die attitude. That wins titles, and Liverpool used to do it all the time. Injury time winners time and again. I remember how that really demoralised the chasing pack when we were winning the title year on year. If you do pip City for the top spot, it's games like that which you'll have to thank I think.

Vince, I've not heard about Agger as yet. Doesn't sound good though, if what you've heard is true.

EDIT: Just checked. Looks like Agger possibly has another broken rib. Not good!!
Closed Thread