Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 16th June 2011, 18:01

Mood
Shoveit

Default Football Season 2011-2012

Lets get the pre season started!!

Who else was LOL at the villa fans protesting Big Eck this morning? One guy said he wasnt "big enough" for villa. I think a guy who managed Rangers to the champions league last 16, Scotland to beating france 0-1 away and almost qualifying in a group with Italy & France is more than good enough for a club who havnt done anything of note since way before I was born who seem to think because Martin Oneil did an amazing job there should be up there with the best.

How about the crazyness of all these transfer prices in england now? Anytime the top 4 are linked with anyone we are seing £40million and such quotes. At some point, its all going to go wrong.
Old 16th June 2011, 18:28

Mood
Shoveit

Default Re: Football Season 2011-2012

I can see why the villa fans dont want him because of the brum relegation, but I think they are abit big for their boots over there now.

Modric is deffo worth more than £22million imo compared to prices of certain other players.
Old 16th June 2011, 21:44

Mood
Lurking

Villa fans graffiti their own training ground in protest at McLeish.

I'm not surprised they don't want him. He's not known for his beautiful football and he does come from hated rivals. I'd not want David Moyes anywhere near Liverpool if we were in a similar situation. I think Villa are a much bigger club than Birmingham, so I can understand their fans wanting to aim a little higher than McLeish. If the club are genuinely ambitious I think they could do better than him.

Transfer fees and wages are now simply stupid. I wonder if they realise that they are killing the goose that lays the golden egg? At some point the game will implode.
Old 16th June 2011, 21:51
Banned

Mood
Happy

i wish this alexis sanchez transfer saga would get sorted out quickly, i've been following any news on sanchez coz man united are supposedly interested in buying him.
Old 16th June 2011, 21:59

Mood
Cloud_9

Who cares about Man Utd.

Edit: Who gives a shit.
Old 16th June 2011, 22:03

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emski
Who cares about Man Utd.

Edit: Who gives a shit.
Apart from Man U fans ... nobody.

It's just been announced that Villa have agreed to pay Birmingham £2million for the services of Alex McLeish. A man their fans don't want anywhere near their club. This could get messy.
Old 16th June 2011, 22:05

I think Aston Villa are a bit of a joke- they presumably signal some sort of interest in Mark Hughes- he resigns, now they signal interest in their rival's manager McLeish- he resigns. They apparently make an interview with McClaren then cancelled. And even worse- they appear to have passed the opportunities of Jol or Benitez.
Old 16th June 2011, 22:08

Mood
Cloud_9

Just stick aston villa in the championship, who cares :P
Old 16th June 2011, 22:12

Mood
Musical

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee
i wish this alexis sanchez transfer saga would get sorted out quickly, i've been following any news on sanchez coz man united are supposedly interested in buying him.
Going to Barcelona by all accounts. Very good player but I'd rather we got on with sorting out that midfield instead of signing every winger under the sun.

Can't blame Villa fans for being pissed off, though. Let's have it right - not only did McLeish get Birmingham relegated last season, but he then resigned via e-mail in order to join their arch-rivals not the sort of bloke anyone with any sense would want in charge of their club. I used to think Lerner was one of the more sensible foreign owners but he's made some strange decisions over the last couple of seasons.
Old 16th June 2011, 22:34
Banned

Quote:
Who cares about Arsenal .

Edit: They are shit.
Fixed.
Old 16th June 2011, 22:40

Mood
Cloud_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnni
Fixed.
*sticks Johnni in a cannon, and blows ars out of earth*
Old 16th June 2011, 22:56

Mood
Cloud_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci
We really are the laughing stock of the league at the moment aren't we, Sad thing is most villa fans would of prefered Shhhteve McLaren to Mcleish

Old 16th June 2011, 22:58
Banned

Quote:
We really are the laughing stock of the league at the moment aren't we
Count your lucky stats you are still in this league! I guess looking at it in a positive way as your results lately were very bad.
Old 17th June 2011, 16:28
Banned

Fixtures for next season are out btw!

Not sure.
Old 17th June 2011, 17:12
Banned

The City fans are far worse imo. The amount of pitch invasions they have done over the yrs and evaded any suitable punishment.

Fined 40 grand for this and that was it.

Old 17th June 2011, 19:39
Banned

Opening weekend fixtures announced:

Saturday, 13 August

Blackburn v Wolves
Fulham v Aston Villa
Liverpool v Sunderland
Manchester City v Swansea
Newcastle v Arsenal
QPR v Bolton
Stoke v Chelsea
Tottenham v Everton
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United
Wigan v Norwich
Old 18th June 2011, 02:38

Mood
Lurking

Quote:

Not sure.
I saw the actual shirt in the LFC club shop in Liverpool ONE today where it can be pre-ordered. Some of the female staff were wearing the whole kit and looked well fit in it.

Seems a lot of fans won't touch it because it has blue on it. Despite the fact that our original shirts were blue and white. It's a pity Adidas went with blue, because it will cost the club sales.
Old 18th June 2011, 02:51
Banned

Oh God, Luka's been mouthing off from his boat somewhere going on about how he definitely wants to go Chelsea cos they're a "bigger club". Says he doesn't want to leave London so United and City got no chance, looks definite he'll be at the Bridge then.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...n-Chelsea.html

edit Well now Levy's come out and said he'd not for sale at any price, lol.
Old 18th June 2011, 03:40
Banned

Mood
Tired

Quote:
^The city fans are generally from the rougher areas of Brum so thats what to expect.

Ouch lol thats harsh.
lol a bit OTT I know, don't mind me

but when I was in Brum ... I noticed how many dumb ass Villa fans were about. So many boneheads.
Old 18th June 2011, 14:44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfica
I saw the actual shirt in the LFC club shop in Liverpool ONE today where it can be pre-ordered. Some of the female staff were wearing the whole kit and looked well fit in it.

Seems a lot of fans won't touch it because it has blue on it. Despite the fact that our original shirts were blue and white. It's a pity Adidas went with blue, because it will cost the club sales.
Women in football kits do look fit esp. in club shops lol.
Its only a third kit so wont use it that much as the away kit is black. Our original kit is nothing like that apart from the colours really, but i agree as its got blue in it alot of fans wont touch it but that kit might be better aimed at the international market.

I might buy the away kit with Lucas on the back! made up for him and found out he just won the Player of the Season award aswell.
Old 18th June 2011, 17:49

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Women in football kits do look fit esp. in club shops lol.
Its only a third kit so wont use it that much as the away kit is black. Our original kit is nothing like that apart from the colours really, but i agree as its got blue in it alot of fans wont touch it but that kit might be better aimed at the international market.

I might buy the away kit with Lucas on the back! made up for him and found out he just won the Player of the Season award aswell.
They do. The one's in the LFC shop looked well hot.

I think some people have gone over the top in their dislike of the blue on the kit. It's nothing like the blue that the darkside wear. It reminds me more of something Marseille would wear. My first thoughts on the colour blue don't even contain Everton anyway. Blue is just a colour, and Everton aren't really on my radar.

Mind you, if Everton ever had any proper red on their kits there would be a meltdown in the blue quarter of the city. They are so bitter that the colour red is like a cross to Dracula. They never put red baubles on the Christmas tree at Goodison, they wear blue Santa hats and even the Coca Cola machines are in blue instead of red. They can't even bear to wear red noses on Red Nose Day, so wear blue noses. I do love the degree to which LFC affects everything they do and think, though.

As far as I'm concerned, blue is just a colour, and it doesn't represent Everton in my mind, despite the fact they wear it. I do think Adidas have scored an own goal with this kit though. OK, LFC is a global club, and worldwide not many of our global fanbase will know of or care about Everton, so the white/cyan kit will probably sell there, but in the city itself some people even want this kit withdrawn from sale.

I've just bought the new charcoal/silver away kit and have the last black/lemon third kit too.
Old 18th June 2011, 17:57
Banned

^It looks like a Man City away kit.

We've had a similar thing with Red on our shirt sponsors in recent years. Not a big deal but I certainly wouldn't want a whole kit of red.
Old 19th June 2011, 13:06

Mood
Cloud_9

Sometimes i just read headlines without reading the info but....

Wenger wants Joey Barton, UH UH OH HELL NO, HE BETTER NOT, THE THUG.!
Old 19th June 2011, 13:12

Mood
Lonely

Is it August yet?
Old 19th June 2011, 14:03

Mood
Blah

Quote:
Sometimes i just read headlines without reading the info but....

Wenger wants Joey Barton, UH UH OH HELL NO, HE BETTER NOT, THE THUG.!
Barton is a pretty good footballer despite his off the pitch behaviour and could be the in your face gritty midfielder Arsenal have been lacking since Vieira left. Though I cant really picture him in an Arsenal shirt and the Toon would be mad to let both him and Nolan leave over the summer.
Old 19th June 2011, 20:05

The Luka Modric saga rattles on.

I am a bit miffed to be honest that Kaka isn't being mentioned more to be honest. He hasn't been at his best for the past few seasons but if anyone saw the Real Madrid - Valencia game this season they will have seen the Kaka of old. Best individual performance I have seen this season and he is a more complete player than Luka.

If Chelsea offer Essien and £20million it could be very difficult for Spurs to turn that down.
Old 19th June 2011, 20:25
Banned

Talking of £20 million midfielders I'm watching the U21s now and Jorden Henderson is having an abysmal tournament, I can't see him getting anyway near the Liverpool first team with the midfielders they've got.
Old 19th June 2011, 20:27
Banned

What positions does he play? I havent heard much about him apart from a little profile on him last season when they were speaking big things of him ( i think it was him).
Seems Lucas/Gerrard will be the 2 CM's and Raul next pick. He will be good for the future but then that doesnt justify 20m price tag as we could have done the same with some of our academy players.
Old 19th June 2011, 20:32
Banned

I'm so made up for Lucas winning player of the season and also a bit smug as i always knew he would come good and alot of our fans never gave him a chance and still think he's crap lol. These are the same fans btw who think Aquilani is/was crap who probably source their views from the papers and not from watching every game.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/Feat...r-o-26353.php3
Old 19th June 2011, 20:33
Banned

Well he's been playing CM this tournament. He's runs around tackling ok but his passing has been woeful, every pass about 20 yards off target. Lucas, Gerrard, Meireles and that guy that came in, was it Spearing? They all look a lot better.

Oh yeah is Aquiliani still there too? I forgot about him, he's a class player.
Closed Thread