SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Board Management > The Garage
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 13th February 2006, 10:57
Jack

Default Re: Software update-post problems here

The resize function never worked for me. Whenever I submit the pic it displays it in it's original size. I've always had to use Photobucket or Photoshop or the program that came with my camera to resize.

Additionally the flashing cursor never shows when I try to add a post. I have to add a smiley, which brings the cursor up and then I delete the smiley and write my post as normal. I'm using Firefox if that helps.
Old 13th February 2006, 20:16
Founder

I've been reading up on both these problems (resizing and no cursor). I think they both have to do with the WYSIWYG choice of message editor. I don't completely understand it, but apparently resize image doesn't work with most browser/vb version combinations and there's nothing to do about that until the browsers update how they deal with that function.

The no cursor problem is more annoying-I've seen it also, but before we updated, not after (and it was only occasional). I have found that there is a reported conflict between vB's WYSIWYG editor and firefox 1.5. Changing your message editor interface to 'standard' should get rid of this problem though. (User CP-edit options) It's been reported as a bug to mozilla, so hopefully they will fix it in the next update.

Let me know if changing to standard doesn't help though, Jack. In any case, I'll keep an eye out for solutions and I'll ask vB's support for more info-but can you tell me which version of firefox you are using?
Anne

PS-Jack, I'm assuming you tried control F5?

Last edited by anne123456; 13th February 2006 at 22:41.
Old 14th February 2006, 00:35
Jack

Anne,

I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1 - changing the message editor interface to normal sorts out the cursor issue, but it's no hassle just sticking a smiley in and deleting it to get the cursor. I prefer the enchanced interface as I get 'real' smileys rather than the text when writing a post.

Refreshing didn't make a difference. Anyway tis only a tinny niggle.
Old 14th February 2006, 00:48
Founder

Ok, I'll still pursue this as it probably affects others, anyone using firefox 1.5 I would guess.
Anne
Old 15th February 2006, 10:19

i'm using firefox too.........don't seem to be able to put emoticons in my posts atm......:-( been reduced to spectrum graphics.... any one else scoot
Old 15th February 2006, 10:21
Founder

Scooterham,
Did you do a hard refresh (control F5) of the message editor page? I think everyone using firefox has had to do that once...
Anne
Closed Thread