SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 14th December 2021, 08:42

Default Sister is giving me and my mum stress

Got home from work yesterday and my mum says my sister has been messaging her telling her she should get vaccinated but my mum says shes allergic to the drugs. Shes already on other medication.

Then she messaged me on Facebook with another account as I had blocked her previously asking me for my mums full name and date of birth so she could enquire at the health centre about getting vaccinated.

She also laid a guilt trip on me and telling me our mum would be better suited in a home as shes lonely and depressed but my mum is really social. She will chat to the neighbours when I'm not around and invite them in for coffee. Plus she has friends living nearby.

The other issue is im 44 still living with my mum and my bloody sister says I should live on my own and stand on my own 2 feet. To a point I agree but I am afraid.

I feel bad because my mum pays the rest of the Bill's and I pay the rent and council tax. And I'm only temping right now and living on my share of my inheritance which will go down even more.

So I just gave my sister the information she needed and just blocked her and deleted the conversation.

I was feeling excited as I will take some holiday and feeling content. Then she has to start causing problems.

And it's really making me anxious and stressed as well as my mum too which she doesnt need.
Old 14th December 2021, 10:04

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: Sister is giving me and my mum stress

Is your sister pushing the vaccine because she's worried about your Mum not having it? There's a lot of push from the government and the media at the moment for everyone to get vaccinated, which is causing people to obviously worry more about their relatives. But if your Mum has an allergy to some of the ingredients that is a legitimate reason not to have it, or not to have another one.
The doctor's surgery wouldn't give out any of your Mum's personal medical information anyway, I wouldn't think!

As long as you and your Mum are doing ok that's all that matters really. Your sister can have her opinions but that doesn't mean you have to change anything. Your Mum might like having your company and be more lonely if you weren't there.
Old 14th December 2021, 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
Is your sister pushing the vaccine because she's worried about your Mum not having it? There's a lot of push from the government and the media at the moment for everyone to get vaccinated, which is causing people to obviously worry more about their relatives. But if your Mum has an allergy to some of the ingredients that is a legitimate reason not to have it, or not to have another one.
The doctor's surgery wouldn't give out any of your Mum's personal medical information anyway, I wouldn't think!

As long as you and your Mum are doing ok that's all that matters really. Your sister can have her opinions but that doesn't mean you have to change anything. Your Mum might like having your company and be more lonely if you weren't there.
Thanks! Yeah I wouldn't think they would give out information to anyone.
Old 14th December 2021, 10:18

Mood
Lucky

Maybe ring the doctors in case she rings and tries to pretend to be your mum. She sounds quite persistent!
Old 14th December 2021, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonkin
Maybe ring the doctors in case she rings and tries to pretend to be your mum. She sounds quite persistent!
hahah thats highly unlikely! She's not that clever!