SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 9th January 2011, 17:27

Question Complain to Lidls...yay or nay?

My flat has the dubious pleasure of overlooking a Lidl's 'supermarket' (I use the term lightly), which is about 200 m away from my front door. Sometimes I find this kinda handy...like when I desperately need some low-quality groceries or when I entertain myself spying on the customers and staff, heh. But I have two big gripes. Firstly, the store does not provide toilets and I have several times now been standing at my sink washing the dishes only to see some bloke go round the back of the store for a wazz. This is clearly in view of about 100 flats, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it somewhat unsavoury Why can't they build a toilet in the store?
Secondly, a few people bring their dogs and tie them up to the fence between our flats and Lidl. Most of the dogs are well-behaved, but there are two in particular that I absolutely loathe. They bark on and on and on incessantly . In summer, these people and their dogs come to Lidls every sodding day (must be their social highlight or something) and all I hear is 'bark, bark, bark'. It's driving me nuts.

Several times now I have nearly written to the store, mostly about the barking dogs and why they can't ban them or else provide an area for people to tie them up on the other side of the store away from the residential area. Now with this toilet thing as well, I am quite hacked off.

Would you complain about either of these things, or not (leaving SA out of it, because I can probably write rather than speak to someone)? Am I being middle-aged and grumpy, or would this piss you off too? I dunno if I am being unreasonable or not
Old 9th January 2011, 17:36

Default Re: Complain to Lidls...yay or nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren
The dogs barking, although that would be frustrating it's not within Lidls capacity to control. A place for them to tie the dogs up could be a good suggestion, but the barking is an issue with the owners.
Yeah, I do appreciate that it is the owner's fault for bringing up their dogs badly. But then I wouldn't have to listen to the wretched dogs if the store was not there, so its sort of their fault too. Maybe I am being unreasonable about this and there is nothing they can do - I guess that's what I want you all to tell me, lol. I'm sure there must be stores that have a no dogs rule though or something
Old 9th January 2011, 17:41

I would be upset by both these things too, but I can imagine Lidl's response would be that there's very little they can do about either issue. It might be worth sending a letter anyway, to lodge your complaint. You could also complain about the issues to the police or local council?
Old 9th January 2011, 17:43
Banned

hours of amusement trainspotting style

Old 9th January 2011, 17:48

Maybe not complain as such but certainly write a letter to bring these points to their attention, otherwise they'll be unaware and won't have an opportunity to put things right if that's what they'd want to do. You might get some freebies out of it.
Old 9th January 2011, 18:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azi
You could also complain about the issues to the police or local council?
Heh, I think the police have only just recovered from all my complaints about the gypsies camping outside of Lidl a few months back But yeah, I guess I can start with writing to Lidls and see what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG
hours of amusement trainspotting style
Hmmm, there has been several occasions when I was lying in bed listening to barking where I really think I would have welcomed one of these I'd probably have used it on myself not the dogs though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Arbottle
You might get some freebies out of it.
Freebies from Lidls, I'm sure that would be excellent compensation for my efforts
Old 9th January 2011, 18:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory
when I entertain myself spying on the customers and staff, heh.

Its you isn't it!
Old 9th January 2011, 18:26

Mood
Tired

Sadly, you won't get anywhere trying to persuade Lidl's to build toilets - they're too mean to give people carrier bags, let alone anything else!
Old 9th January 2011, 18:27
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

I doubt lidl will put in a toilet as that's the kind of costs they try not to incure with their stores. They could put a fence up to prevent people from going round the back of the store unless they had a key, but again they are cheap and so are unlikely to do this.
Old 9th January 2011, 18:31
Banned

how about a laser pointer you could shine it on the wall by the dogs and get them to chase it around, you could also point it at the wall by the blokes going for a slash don't think i'd carry on if i saw a laser sight appear next to me.
Old 9th January 2011, 18:37

This is where they go to the loo (marked in red!). I was photographing the gypsies trotting past Lidl's last summer, lol.

And here's how it looked just the other side when all the gypsies were living there and using our car park as a highway:

Honestly, there is no peace
Old 9th January 2011, 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoS
Its you isn't it!
Hahaha, something like that yes! When my mum visits me, she spends hours sitting in the chair by the window, watching all the goings on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boc11
Sadly, you won't get anywhere trying to persuade Lidl's to build toilets - they're too mean to give people carrier bags, let alone anything else!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medea
I doubt lidl will put in a toilet as that's the kind of costs they try not to incure with their stores.
Unfortunately, I think you are both probably right. I'm sick of doing nothing though, so I think I might complain anyway. Like Fatty said, maybe I will get a free yoghurt or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medea
They could put a fence up to prevent people from going round the back of the store unless they had a key, but again they are cheap and so are unlikely to do this.
Would have to be quite a big fence I fear (picture above). And yeah, maybe they are too cheap. But the store is in a residential area, they must surely have some responsibilities?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG
how about a laser pointer you could shine it on the wall by the dogs and get them to chase it around, you could also point it at the wall by the blokes going for a slash don't think i'd carry on if i saw a laser sight appear next to me.

That's genius!
If only I can find one powerful enough to work from my flat...:hmmm:
Old 9th January 2011, 18:46
Banned

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Super-Long...728542ffe0d4cd

most of them are pretty long range i think some even display pretty pictures in the laser pattern you could send them a heart shaped laser symbol.
Old 9th January 2011, 19:09

I love that ad - "Best choice of GIFT"
Yes, who wouldn't want to receive a Super Long Range Red Lazer Laser Pointer for their birthday?!
Old 9th January 2011, 19:21

Mood
Mellow

we have a lidl up the road and we have four pubs people used to come and urinate near the bus stop opposite and the screaming hyena girls... Aarrgh!

I think you can put a notice up outside your flats saying 'do not leave your dogs tied here' and see what happens. Hmmm I'm quite tempted by the laser thing myself!
Old 9th January 2011, 19:23

Burn the shop down, end of problem.
Old 14th January 2011, 12:24

Mood
Tired

could you use another room as your 'main' living area, away from the side that looks onto the shop?

you have my sympathies though,..

can't believe people take their dogs out then tie them up and go into a bloody supermarket,..
I can be in a supermarket for the best part of an hour sometimes,....
dosen't seem very caring of the pet owners.
Old 14th January 2011, 13:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry302199
can't believe people take their dogs out then tie them up and go into a bloody supermarket,..
Nor can I. Especially when it is raining/snowing
I have started making a documentary (photos and video) on all the goings-on at Lidl's, and then I'm gonna write with all the evidence
Old 14th January 2011, 15:35
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Innocent

I wonder who left that giant loop there?
Old 14th January 2011, 15:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverain
It looks a bit like a gateway to another universe, and that horse is going to trot through it and be whisked away to who knows where, lol.
Old 14th January 2011, 16:05
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Innocent

omg i think your right, something has come through from the other side..RUNNN FOR YOUR LIVES!!
Old 14th January 2011, 16:29

Quote:

omg i think your right, something has come through from the other side..RUNNN FOR YOUR LIVES!!
I love that!!!
Old 14th January 2011, 18:28

^ you should send that to lidl's. About time they got a grip about what's going on there.
Old 14th January 2011, 22:56

Mood
Dead

Lidl's is very scruffy indeed

You eat shit and die if you shop there :-0(
Old 14th January 2011, 23:02

Quote:
That's where they lock you up if you complain.
Old 14th January 2011, 23:54

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusSpirit
Lidl's is very scruffy indeed

You eat shit and die if you shop there :-0(
GFY! Snob

They do some good food there but much cheaper. For instance I can buy avacados for 60p each while at Tescos they are £1 each. Shame they are full of pikeys
Closed Thread