SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 3rd December 2014, 16:13

Mood
Tired

Default Hi everyone!

Hi everyone, I thought I'd pop along and introduce myself, as I just joined yesterday. First off, I love that there is finally a place for me to share my feelings about my anxiety-I've been feeling kinda' lonely recently and sometimes feel like I'm the only awkward girl in the entire universe. So, thank you for that!
Also, I don't want to jump straight in and tell you all about my anxiety (there is so much I want to talk about, though!!) because that may be a bit heavy, so I'll just tell you some stuff about me first-I'm 16, sitting my GCSE's (the horror!!) and I love writing, drama, art, music...basically all of the arts. I play the ukulele and the piano and I am obsessed with cats (hence the name) although I'm not obsessed with cats, I just have a very special connection with my own cat (who woke me up at 5 in the morning the other day because she wanted a cuddle...such love.) My favourite season is Winter (random fact) because who doesn't love the snow? I'm a humanist feminist (humanist feminist because 'feminist' on it's own has very negative connotations in this world at the moment-but I basically do not hate men and want everyone to have the same rights.) and in case you haven't already noticed, I love using brackets.
And now for the heavy stuff: I've had social anxiety for about 2 years and only recently started taking action against it with counselling and self help books, although nothing seems to be working. I just feel anxious doing just about anything, from walking in the corridors at school to going to the front of the class to check my work with the teacher, walking out in front of the assembly hall (exams at the moment-full on terror...) eating in front of people and giving presentations (*shudder*) in class. It's basically making me very unhappy at the moment and I just really want to talk to people about it because it's not nice having nobody to share it with. Also, I talk about it lightly online because I can, if that makes sense? But yeah, it is very important to me.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed my little internet monologue there, sorry it was a bit long. I look forward to talking to you all!
Old 3rd December 2014, 21:31

Default Re: Hi everyone!

Hi there That was an interesting welcome post

Oh, I remember my GCSE's from a couple of years ago (I'm 19 now), and I didn't like it, especially walking in with everyone seated (maybe I should have turned up earlier? )
Old 3rd December 2014, 21:42

Mood
Bored

Hi Miathecat

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling lonely lately. This forum is a great place to share your feelings and it is nice because people understand social anxiety struggles and what you are going through.

I used to love winter and I'd get really excited about snow! I prefer summer now though.

Emma
Old 3rd December 2014, 22:47

Mood
Crappy

Hi.I left school with no GCSE's.Alot older than you.But certainly not thick.Lol.