Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 19th March 2008, 03:44

Default Where is everybody?????????

Why aint no one posting?
Old 19th March 2008, 03:49

Default Re: Where is everybody?????????

Because it's quarter to three in the morning? Just a wild guess...
Old 19th March 2008, 03:56

well it's 03:57 for me, I need people to harass!!
Old 19th March 2008, 04:18

I guess most of the lucky people on here are asleep. Which is nice for them. I'm here. Talk to me if you like. I'm not going to sleep anytime soon.
Old 19th March 2008, 04:21

Cool, as long as you don't mind, I'm a bit nuts!

So what you been up to your new aren't you,
Old 19th March 2008, 04:27

Ne'er mind - aren't we all? Isn't that why we're here? Forgive me if that's too flippant. Yes, I'm new. Just getting the feel of the place really. And I haven't been up to very much - the usual. Sleeping at very odd times. Despairing because I cannot get my sleeping patterns straight. Trying to find a job where I can cope without freezing up everytime someone speaks to me. That sort of thing. How about you?
Old 19th March 2008, 04:36

Aww tell me about screwed up sleep paterns!, I don't actually sleep I 'cat nap' for an hour or two at a time, totaly does you in, and then as soon as I do want to go to sleep I have to go and get my girls, it's a nightmare.

I'm not too bad been playing mum, as ya do!

So what do you do for a living, ie what sort of job you after?
Old 19th March 2008, 05:07

I'm not sure really, at the moment I'm just applying for anything, partly because I am on JSA so I have to be actively seeking work, partly because I think I am only going to be abloe to start sorting myself out once I get a job of some sort so I'm not being terribly picky. I graduated last year (with a compeltely non-vocational arts degree) and have struggled to find any employers in my area who will consider taking on a graduate from a good university, but who has very little actual experience of employment. I've done holiday work but nothing very spectacular. At the same time I've been struggling with worsening SA, and I'm sure it's coming across in the many, many applications I have made - I just can;t sell myself because I don't believe in myself. And the constant rejection of it just makes my self-esteem worse - so its a kind of repeating cycle.

I'd like to do museum work eventually - I did a history degree. But I need an MA to go in that direction, and that seems a long way off at the moment - I need to sort myself out, get a job, save some money, and then think about the next step.
Old 19th March 2008, 05:20

Hmm is there no way you could apply for a trainee work placement at a local museum and proove your worth?

Clearly if your capable of the work after a while they'd give you a job.

Need to get out there a bit more, I know you say it's hard but if you see somethig infront of you you want then you have to grasp it (easier said than done I know)

You must belive in yourself, Look you had the courage to get through uni yeah? I'm sure your strong enough to do that again getting what you want as you obviously wanted that degree.
Don't let job applications knock you back, just think "OK I'm better than you lot anyhow" and carry on, it'll work it's self out if you work it.

Sorry I don't even know your name and it doesn't matter, or your age, I'm Katie and I'm 30, Sorry if I sound patronising in any way...Not my intention.
Closed Thread