SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 23rd October 2008, 12:25

Default "Confidence group" at uni

I've had an e-mail from my uni about a "confidence group" they are running soon asking if I'd be interested in attending, although I'm scared of going and being in a room full of other people.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried anything similar to this and what usually happens in them and if they are at all helpful.
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:43

Default Re: "Confidence group" at uni

Since the beginning of the university year, quite a lot of people have posted on here saying how much they are struggling with the social side of their new lives. I have been wondering why the universities themselves do not appear to have any strategies in place for helping students in that position.

How did they know to e-mail you in particular, or did the uni e-mail everyone? It seems to me that the very least you could gain from going to the group is to get some idea of who else and how many others are having similar problems to yourself.

DD
Old 24th October 2008, 15:11

Mood
Lurking

Default Re: "Confidence group" at uni

ooohhh if its anything like my rethink group then it will do you the world of good, you have to remember that the others attending will be feeling just the same as you do...when i go to mine we all just go in..sit down at a table and the leader of the group introduces themselves then u just have to say what your name is...
then they put you into groups (which terrified me at first, but was fine) like last week we discussed childhood beliefs and how they affect us today and then discuss each of the answers etc...the leader of the group tends to talk the most telling you about their experiences and offers lots of advice.
Later on we all just sat round chatting really and listening... dosnt sound like much but its really fun and beneficial...ohh and we laugh ALOT too!
Best of luck!!
Closed Thread