Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 15th May 2018, 22:01

Mood
Fine

Default Re: Do you look your age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytales
I'm 25 and look about 18 or younger. I don't think I've ever NOT been ID'ed for booze.
I know its technically a good thing, and I'll appreciate when I'm 40 etc etc... but it does make me feel like I'm often not taken seriously, especially at work.
Ha. I am now 29 and wish my post 4 years ago was still true!! I am now ID'ed nearly all the time
Old 15th May 2018, 22:44

I was looking for my previous post in this thread, I think it must have been deleted when I banned myself a while back! I'd always looked younger than my age, which was an advantage when travelling on buses and getting into football matches at child prices, but it seemed that once I hit 50, everything caught up with me (especially when I stopped shaving my head, allowed my hair to grow back and realised I was completely grey).

However, despite the fact that I think I look my age, people around me (those who don't already know that I'm 56) seem surprised when they learn that I'm not in my mid-40s and recently, when I was on a free walking tour in Bratislava, the guide was talking about the current President of Slovakia, who is 55; the whole group looked visibly shocked when I remarked that he is younger than me! Also, last year on a trip to London, I stayed at a hostel which has an upper age limit of 40 but they didn't query my age when I checked in (I'm not saying that they thought I was no older than 40, but it seems that they considered me to be within an allowable margin - when I left, they said it would be good to see me again); perhaps I don't look as old as I think I do when I look in a mirror (which isn't often, as I hate seeing my own reflection!).
Old 17th May 2018, 12:30

Mood
Blah

I have always looked younger than my age one boss I ha d in the past thought my husband was my dad,which is crazy as my husband is actually 3 years you get than me ***128512;. I think I look about 8 years younger than I am now.
Old 17th May 2018, 12:32

Mood
Blah

I used to get that too.Enjoy it while you can, I got asked for id in my 30s but now in my 40s and disappointed I don't get asked anymore ***55357;***56834;
Old 25th June 2018, 20:46

I think keeping the weight off is a massive factor in looking your age or younger, also how you dress.

Also if you're mature in the way you act, i find people will assume you're older too.

I think I look my age (30) or maybe a bit a younger :-) this is largely due to me dressing like someone in their twenties still and I can be a bit immature - people are always really surprised when they find out I have a 6 year old
Old 3rd July 2018, 09:50

Mood
Bashful

I'm 60, look older but still get called ' young man' or ' good lad' on occasions.Strange!