SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 9th May 2014, 18:44

Default Re: Type What You're Thinking About Right Now (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaigreen
^^ I remember when I went winter camping and my car battery ran out, we had to push it down a muddy hill, jump in and bump start, oh god what a bloody laugh that was
That must have been quite an experience
Old 9th May 2014, 20:03

NEOGAF, clearly the forum with the absolute worst moderation in the whole of the internet!

All I put was

"WHO CARES
this is beyond ridicolous"
Old 9th May 2014, 21:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggins
Fantastic to hear James!
Thank you.
Old 9th May 2014, 21:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo_endo
I forgot he was a prototype but he is really just a fancy Mr X or Tyrant. I always thought that Chris was Nemesis and that was what happened to him but he was obviously busy taking steroids, working out and planing a trip to Africa or you know looking for his sister.
At that point Chris was apparently in Europe (A non distinct European country.) going to the Umbrella HQ or something. Not sure what happened there, don't think that was in a game. Maybe he accidentally got infected with something while he was there that made his muscles explode.
Old 9th May 2014, 21:31

I've passively watched a couple of episodes of Revenge. That's not a show I'm supposed to take seriously is it? It has the most ridiculous ham acting and clichés I've ever seen, it can't be something that's meant to be taken seriously.
Old 9th May 2014, 21:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly.
It does when the door opens, but its a new car (well for me anyway) and my old one didn't have anything like that, so I just didn't realise. Had to leave the car there for several hours until I went back with my dad to jump start it
Old 9th May 2014, 21:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Fyre
I just want to have soft marshmallows on my feet so I can walk in clouds and I don't step on glass. Comfort is underrated.
Me too. I've always hated shoes. I did sort of like my black and white converse ones but I went off them when I saw Sam Cam in them.
Old 9th May 2014, 22:54

^ I keep wishing to be a child again with no responsibilities or worries about life, getting a job, moving out etc etc. Being an adult generally sucks.
Old 9th May 2014, 22:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatus
Growing up and having to take control of your life is so overrated.
Yep I agree totally with that!

I hope you eventually have a light bulb moment regarding your dilemma of what to do Amatus and that your eventual decision will bring lots of wonderful opportunities into your life

Am thinking is the Exeffor that Ive been taking for a few weeks ever going to lift the Depression and help me to feel more motivated or is a constant dry mouth and no appetite whatsoever as good as its ever gonna get?
Old 9th May 2014, 23:14

That's a pretty difficult decision; sometimes you don't get a profound insight into which decision to make. You just have to choose one and hope that's the right decision. I'm still unsure of my future and am quite afraid of it. I've just learned to plough through it and see what it serves me. I hope whichever path you choose though is moth-free.
Quote:
It was good in childhood when you had no worries about the future. Just concentrating on the present. It seems that when we grow up our thoughts are always concerning the future and all the uncertainty it will bring, which is a shame.

Thinking of the guy blasting Busted's Year 3000 out of his car today earlier on; brought back a lot of memories and made me nostalgic. I will admit it though, that song is pretty damn good.
Old 9th May 2014, 23:46

Quote:
I've been thinking on and off all day about what I want to do come the summer. I have to move out, and I have options. I can stay local and continue in the job I'm slowly beginning to loathe but it's familiar an I have friends here, I can follow my family to the midlands, at least then I'll have some support or I can totally mix things up and go somewhere totally new and on my own. All of these options terrify me. I've come to the conclusion I can't make the decision, I'm too afraid. This conclusion doesn't really help me much.

Whatever you decide it's not like it has to be forever. You could move somewhere on your own and if you find it hard move closer to your friends or family, or you could stick to where you have support and move away if and when you feel confident enough to do that. This probably doesn't help much, just keep in mind that even if you make the 'wrong' decision it will still be okay.
Old 10th May 2014, 01:02
Banned at own request

think i might have to start just taking just one 5htp a day before i get locked up for having a stupid grin.
Old 10th May 2014, 03:52

That I can not find my driving licence and Need to I change the photo at the end of year as I have had my licence for 10 years then. And you get charged £20 when the dvla require a updated photo tut tut :-D
Old 10th May 2014, 04:13
Banned at own request

^just tick the box that says you've lost your old one, that's what I did when I had to apply for new photo bit, didn't trust them not to lose my bike category bit. Still got the old one somewhere.
Old 10th May 2014, 13:13

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
I just got asked for ID in Waitrose. Amazing!

I'm not sure how many under 18s include aubergine and feta paté in their shopping basket, but maybe I'm out of touch with da yoof of today.
National policy is to ask people who look under 25, its called challenge 25. Its to take into account that someone can look older than their age.

Congrats tho ; p
Old 10th May 2014, 13:14

^^ I got charged for teen ticket at the cinema last week. I'd usually have raged about it but it did save me £1.50 on a film that was anything but good (Bad Neighbours), so it was an acceptable trade off. I haven't dared look up what that cinema's cut off age is for teen tickets though.

Feta pâté. Mmm.
Old 10th May 2014, 13:41
Banned at own request

thinking do i go for a quick test ride and risk getting soaked or wait till tomorrow.
Old 10th May 2014, 13:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRibble
You can find out what was happening on the day you were born. Three famous people share my birthday:

http://www.historyorb.com/dates-by-year.php
For me:
Petrus HJ van Doorne, bus manufacturer/owner (BOVA), dies at 58
Old 10th May 2014, 13:54

Mood
Dreaming

^^ Apparently on mine Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen lost his arm in a car crash!
Old 10th May 2014, 14:24

^^
Haha, oh dear. I've just checked and the film I went to see was a 15, so I'm feeling prettttttyyy good about myself right now (people always used to remark I looked twelve until fairly recently. Well, in my actual teens. It's an achievement).

No idea how to get the 'a' accent, my phone just did it automatically. I actually attempted to take it out as I didn't want to look pedantic, but then I couldn't get the accented 'e' back without it, and then I'd have only looked a fool.
Old 10th May 2014, 15:22

About how I apparently was called a 'splendid fella' on local radio this morning without even knowing about it. My dad e-mailed into this quiz show thing on our local bbc station and the guy doing it happened to be our old neighbour who used to babysit me a long time ago, and he recognised my dad's name and apparently then, mentioned how he had a son called Oliver who he used to play football with and was a 'splendid fella'! Think it might be the first time I've had a personal endorsement on the radio, haven't seen him in 15 years though
Old 10th May 2014, 15:50

I was too cowardly to call in sick. Now I've got to go in. Shit.
Old 10th May 2014, 15:58

1 hour, 2 minutes and seventeen seconds until my working week is over. I'm not excited about it in the slightest.
Old 10th May 2014, 16:42

I really want Cersei Lannister to die a horribly painful death, preferably at the hands of Ramsey Snow.
Old 10th May 2014, 18:18

^Either he's a bit under the thumb and is terrified of what might happen if anyone else pays any attention and she finds out about it, or he's kind of insecure and defines his self worth by his ability to get a girlfriend. Or I suppose he could just really like her a lot but I'm too cynical for that to be my conclusion.
Old 10th May 2014, 18:22

Quote:
There is a guy who works in my local shop and every time he sees me or serves me he always mentions his girlfriend. Every single time. Is it normal for people to talk about their boyfriends/girlfriends that often? I feel like he does it so I don't hit on him or something, which is probably ridiculous. But it feels so pointed.

Maybe he's SA and it's first ever girlfriend and he's really proud and is showing off a bit.

___

I'm not into Strictly much but thought I might watch it a bit more now Then I see that Tess Daly will be fronting it and Claudia doing the other bit. Wrong way round surely? Tess Daly is so so bland. Claudia has all the personality and should be at the front shouldn't she.
Old 10th May 2014, 18:57

Quote:
There is a guy who works in my local shop and every time he sees me or serves me he always mentions his girlfriend. Every single time. Is it normal for people to talk about their boyfriends/girlfriends that often? I feel like he does it so I don't hit on him or something, which is probably ridiculous. But it feels so pointed.

I would guess that it's because he thinks about her a lot, probably talks about her to everyone. I don't think there's any reason to be suspicious of him. I could be wrong though.
Old 10th May 2014, 19:00

I wonder why I have so much trouble with sending people friend requests, it's such a little thing. I don't have any trouble talking to people online, I've made friends and even initiated conversations with people, but I'm still too nervous to do that one thing.
Old 10th May 2014, 19:20

^/^^ I'm the same - I generally don't like making the first move in any context. The friends thing here is especially odd, I think, as it almost feels as if there's expectations of you both if someone adds you, or you're the one adding. Pretty sure I've only had the balls to do one add, and that was pretty recently.

Actually, I lie, I've done two.
Old 10th May 2014, 19:33

I often think, I wish something really bad would happen in my life, like properly devastating because then I would have an excuse to be depressed most of the time. Obviously I wouldn't actually want anything like that to happen, but this thought often plays through my mind.
Closed Thread