SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 20th April 2011, 16:25

Default Re: Bodybuilding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Haze 2
I'm 6ft and really light now. Lighter than before I took that stuff, . I'll gain it back though, when I'm healthy again and that day will come. xx
It will babe. Try not to think of the bad an just throw urself into it.... Hard work as it is but it's worth it. An I wanna see ya when ur back up to standard U still of the shit?? xx
Old 20th April 2011, 16:27
Banned

Mood
Lawabiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelie Bin Bird
It will babe. Try not to think of the bad an just throw urself into it.... Hard work as it is but it's worth it. An I wanna see ya when ur back up to standard U still of the shit?? xx
I'm off the coke, but the booze....

It's damn hard trying to get off that, lol. I've cut down though a lot.
Old 20th April 2011, 16:29

Quote:
I'm off the coke, but the booze....

It's damn hard trying to get off that, lol. I've cut down though a lot.
ODAT.

I know how bad it is hun...Thats why I symperthise with u....U can do it tho....just TRY! xxx
Old 20th April 2011, 16:32
Banned

Mood
Lawabiding

Quote:
ODAT.

I know how bad it is hun...Thats why I symperthise with u....U can do it tho....just TRY! xxx
I will, there's nothing I can't beat. Everything that gets thrown my way, I beat. Nothing will ever bring me down Kate. nothing. xxxxx
Old 20th April 2011, 16:36

Quote:
I will, there's nothing I can't beat. Everything that gets thrown my way, I beat. Nothing will ever bring me down Kate. nothing. xxxxx
I'm holding u to that!! xxxx
Old 20th April 2011, 16:45
Banned

Mood
Lawabiding

Quote:
I'm holding u to that!! xxxx
I promise! xxxx
Old 20th April 2011, 16:58

Mood
Paranoid

Damn you guys are getting soppy!! lol

he looked bigger than 14 stone thats all.
Old 20th April 2011, 17:41

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar90
Iv been interested in MMA for a while now, i boxed for a short period and found that helped my confidence more than anything, its all good being big and to think most people wont mess with you is reassuring and definately helps with SA, but knowing you can defend yourself physically if you have to is much more reassuring, although id much rather have a physical fight than argue verbally ... not because im violent, its just an easy way out of SA.
Yeah same here. My confidence improved dramatically but only in terms of having to stick up for myself. Confrontations lost much of their anxiety inducing power so I could be more assertive. Didn't help my SA much though. I think a combination of being big to dissuade would be aggressors coupled with the skills to back it up must be the best combination for feeling physically confident in most situations.

Quote:
Allo darlin, no your NOT alone....Dickie was buff but it was all 'roids. Made him fat and shruck his dick! Best left well alone them things! x
LOL that's quite unlucky for him! Most times they only cause atrophy of your gonads which is totally reversable. You sure it shrunk his penis? That's really an old wives tale.

Quote:
They mad. Course they can...I'm tellin u NOW They fucked Richard up...Temper. He beat teh shitout his missus. Put her head through a glass door mate....There EVIL. An docs wont belive it???? WRONG.
There might be another explanation for it, he was a ****. I had no issues on steroids but coming off I felt quite low and a bit irritable. I didn't beat anyone up though.
Old 20th April 2011, 17:45

Mood
Busy

I also have another question. I have quite skinny forearms. IS that going to make my weightlifting tougher and if so, what could I do to make them stronger and bigger?
Old 20th April 2011, 18:24

Mood
Crappy

I wouldnt do any exercises specifically for forearms, you should hit them a lot when training back and arms, my forearms would always be pumped as hell after a bicep or back workout, usually from stuff like deadlifts, lat pull downs, bicep curls and hammer curls, if you work them seperately you risk over training them.

Do you use straps? if you do try not to use them for a while, this will strengthen your forearms.
Old 20th April 2011, 19:27
Banned

Mood
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chosen One
I also have another question. I have quite skinny forearms. IS that going to make my weightlifting tougher and if so, what could I do to make them stronger and bigger?
well i ain't no expert in bodybuilding but i have noticed my forearms becoming more solid and defined since i've been using a bar to do pull up's and back row's (don't know if this the correct term?) with.

i'm pretty much doing all my body parts using my own bodyweight at the moment, hand stand push ups (again don't know if this the correct term?) up against a wall is a toughy on da shoulders.
Old 20th April 2011, 19:30

Mood
Cloud_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny100
up against a wall is a toughy on da shoulders.
Most certainly is...
Old 20th April 2011, 19:32
Banned

Mood
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emski
Most certainly is...
ahhh, i see wot u did there

u r pure filth emz, do you want me to come round to yours and clean you in da shower
Old 20th April 2011, 19:39

Mood
Cloud_9

Quote:
ahhh, i see wot u did there

u r pure filth emz, do you want me to come round to yours and clean you in da shower
not pure filth at all, its a way of life

No thank you, thanks for the offer, but this is a body building thread HAHA.
Old 20th April 2011, 19:41
Banned

Mood
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emski
not pure filth at all, its a way of life

No thank you, thanks for the offer, but this is a body building thread HAHA.
oh i see ya going cold on me again, bloody tease
Old 20th April 2011, 19:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplodocus
Yeah same here. My confidence improved dramatically but only in terms of having to stick up for myself. Confrontations lost much of their anxiety inducing power so I could be more assertive. Didn't help my SA much though. I think a combination of being big to dissuade would be aggressors coupled with the skills to back it up must be the best combination for feeling physically confident in most situations.

LOL that's quite unlucky for him! Most times they only cause atrophy of your gonads which is totally reversable. You sure it shrunk his penis? That's really an old wives tale.

There might be another explanation for it, he was a ****. I had no issues on steroids but coming off I felt quite low and a bit irritable. I didn't beat anyone up though.
Dom he was an idiot. Trust me...Oh an his dick did shrink....He told us!...He was eatin em like smarties.
Old 20th April 2011, 20:01

Mood
Crappy

Quote:
well i ain't no expert in bodybuilding but i have noticed my forearms becoming more solid and defined since i've been using a bar to do pull up's and back row's (don't know if this the correct term?) with.

i'm pretty much doing all my body parts using my own bodyweight at the moment, hand stand push ups (again don't know if this the correct term?) up against a wall is a toughy on da shoulders.
Iv never tried those, i bet it can go wrong in so many ways! if my mum walked in whilst i was doing that shed kick me off! lol
Old 20th April 2011, 22:52

Mood
Paranoid

Farmers walk, Wrist rollers and hammer curls made my forearms grow. I will never have huge forearms as its not in my genetics though. I have really small wrists.
Old 21st April 2011, 13:20
Banned

Mood
Lawabiding

Quote:
Dom he was an idiot. Trust me...Oh an his dick did shrink....He told us!...He was eatin em like smarties.
I'm sure it's done this to me. Probably because I've been hypogonadal for so long.
Old 22nd April 2011, 00:44

Mood
Paranoid

Would you guys say this guy honestly did this naturally? The time limit is a year.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dust...d-his-body.htm

I just doubt it because he was working out 6 days a week....
Old 22nd April 2011, 00:48

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidden_away
Would you guys say this guy honestly did this naturally? The time limit is a year.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dust...d-his-body.htm

I just doubt it because he was working out 6 days a week....
Yeah quite possibly. Look at his starting weight 200 odd lbs. So he has a lot of his final muscle already there. You don't know what his training history is. He could have been in that shape the year before but just let it slide. Getting back into shape you once possessed is easier than forging new territories. Simply dialling in his diet would have achieved much of that look as he doesn't look that much bigger just a lot more ripped.

I used to work out 6 days a week natural. It's entirely plausible. You just have to manage your recovery adequately. And that was powerlifting 6 days a week, running 4 miles every other day whilst boxing 3 times a week.
Old 22nd April 2011, 01:00

Mood
Paranoid

Quote:
Yeah quite possibly. Look at his starting weight 200 odd lbs. So he has a lot of his final muscle already there. You don't know what his training history is. He could have been in that shape the year before but just let it slide. Getting back into shape you once possessed is easier than forging new territories. Simply dialling in his diet would have achieved much of that look as he doesn't look that much bigger just a lot more ripped.

I used to work out 6 days a week natural. It's entirely plausible. You just have to manage your recovery adequately. And that was powerlifting 6 days a week, running 4 miles every other day whilst boxing 3 times a week.
Damn mate, that's an intense workout cycle. Was your diet spot on? Did you feel like dead lifts added much back mass and strength? A lot of people swear by them but I never had much success with them. I was deadlifting 1x5 120 kg. I couldn't go higher as my grip would give way.
Old 22nd April 2011, 01:09

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Damn mate, that's an intense workout cycle. Was your diet spot on? Did you feel like dead lifts added much back mass and strength? A lot of people swear by them but I never had much success with them. I was deadlifting 1x5 120 kg. I couldn't go higher as my grip would give way.
Yeah my diet was good. 3000kcal a day just to maintain. Lots of sleep. Easy job with little physical demands. And that was using a Westside Barbell workout with 3 days of heavy and 3 days of speed lifting. So not as demanding as it sounds.

Don't know what grip you used but I would use a mixed grip for heavy lifts and practiced a hook grip ala olympic lifts for the rest. Hurt my thumbs a lot at first but then I got used to it. Also are you using chalk? Helps a bunch. I worked my grip a lot though with static holds and fat bar lifts. Got to 200kg for my best with a mixed grip, no wraps.

And deads definitely increase thickness. They were my least favourite of the big three but they were what I was best at. Got to go easy on them though due to the high CNS demand or you'll burn out. I only trained them once a week or less. As my squat and assistance work improved so naturally did my DL's.
Old 22nd April 2011, 01:29

Mood
Paranoid

Quote:
Yeah my diet was good. 3000kcal a day just to maintain. Lots of sleep. Easy job with little physical demands. And that was using a Westside Barbell workout with 3 days of heavy and 3 days of speed lifting. So not as demanding as it sounds.

Don't know what grip you used but I would use a mixed grip for heavy lifts and practiced a hook grip ala olympic lifts for the rest. Hurt my thumbs a lot at first but then I got used to it. Also are you using chalk? Helps a bunch. I worked my grip a lot though with static holds and fat bar lifts. Got to 200kg for my best with a mixed grip, no wraps.

And deads definitely increase thickness. They were my least favourite of the big three but they were what I was best at. Got to go easy on them though due to the high CNS demand or you'll burn out. I only trained them once a week or less. As my squat and assistance work improved so naturally did my DL's.
No I never did Mixed grip mate, I never did my 1rep max either to be honest. I didn't do dealifts to much. I mad a lot of mistakes and was using programs from the damn mens health mags.... I think that's just says how miss led I was in the weights world.

When I go back Im doing starting strength for 3 months and then I will do a modified version of west side for skinny bastards ver III.

200kg is good mate. That's some serious weight you were pulling there! Did your forearms and grip get much stronger? I have ALWAYS had weak forearms. Even with all the lifting I did. I have never done direct grip/forearm work though. Something I will be changing. I blame that down to genetics though, I was very small wrists. 6.5 inches I think. Just a small bone structure really.
Old 22nd April 2011, 01:44

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo Loco
That is an impressive transformation.

Have you seen Dre? Juicing?

ha ha! They are all at it!

Here's Nelly before:

And after:
Old 22nd April 2011, 01:54

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo Loco
Dang, I'm hoping the Roy Nelson physique will be the next big thing. But even he is starting to look lean. Off topic, but the new season of TUF is doo doo...

Junior's instructions "HIT HIM...YEAH, YEAH"

But then I'd still listen to him over Lesnar lol.
lol

CHICKEN SALAD FROM CHICKEN SHIT!
Old 22nd April 2011, 01:58

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
No I never did Mixed grip mate, I never did my 1rep max either to be honest. I didn't do dealifts to much. I mad a lot of mistakes and was using programs from the damn mens health mags.... I think that's just says how miss led I was in the weights world.

When I go back Im doing starting strength for 3 months and then I will do a modified version of west side for skinny bastards ver III.

200kg is good mate. That's some serious weight you were pulling there! Did your forearms and grip get much stronger? I have ALWAYS had weak forearms. Even with all the lifting I did. I have never done direct grip/forearm work though. Something I will be changing. I blame that down to genetics though, I was very small wrists. 6.5 inches I think. Just a small bone structure really.
I dunno. I have skinny wrists (just measured 7"), small bone structure but my forearms pumped up quite a bit. Lots of pulling and jerking I had some Captains of Crush grippers too. I got told off at work for over tightening things so no one could undo them, so I definitely fixed my grip weakness.

My grip was my weak point so I made it a focal point. Always believed you should work what you are weak at. Whatever you hate training, that's what you should train!
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:44
Banned

Mood
Lawabiding

Quote:
ha ha! They are all at it!
They are. Why do you think 50 Pence lost over 50 Ibs for that film he starred in? Because he knows he can put it back on by injecting himself with high doses of Test.
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:41

Mood
Mellow

I haven't read all of this thread but I think body building is one way to overcome various physical and mental health problems. I think what you eat also comes down into the equation, lots of body builders are raw vegans as with cooking you loose a lot of the vital nutrients (as primarily cooking is about satisfying ones' appetite and taste buds). I could never turn raw vegan totally but have found benefits in eating more raw food weekly (think nuts, seeds and veg).

Old 22nd April 2011, 12:47

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomin
My sister will only date "roiders". I'm sure if she found a guy who had done it without she wouldn't fancy him lol.
Seriously? That's interesting, I assume then because of that it's not what they look like but the appeal of the roids. Is it because it's a bit of a taboo thing?
Closed Thread