Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 13th May 2005, 19:53
james_taylor

Default Re: 30 or over and never had a relationship

Quote:
Quote: AnMarie

For my part James I like sensitive and shy types

I am not attracted to assertive lead-taking types generally
I'm sure that's the case AnMarie but I'm guessing that's down to your own character at the moment, insofar that I personally can find loud and brassy types intimidating and a turn-off whilst sensitive and shy types are often more interesting and well-worth the effort.

But most women like confident, assertive men.

Quote:
Quote: The Reemster
yup

I've heard that off a few women

I think your theory generalises way to much

women are individuals afterall and have many different tastes

maybe you are meeting the worng kind of women?
I've no problem with the type of women I'm meeting at the moment. After a self-imposed time in the wilderness, with only meaningless flings for company, the boy is firing on all cylinders with only passing effort. No complaints Remus, just thought I'd add my thoughts.

Take a scenario, a woman asks her boyfriend if he is doing anything the weekend. Would she rather he said

(i) "Well there's a beautiful hotel I know up in the lake district. How about if you're not doing anything, I could try get us a reservation, I can drive us up there. It's a great place, I'm sure we'd have a fantastic time."

or

(ii) "Well I guess I've not really thought about it much. I've not spoken to anyone yet, I don't know. Maybe get a movie out, call for a takeaway or something. You could join me if you like. That's if you aren't doing anything."
Old 13th May 2005, 20:15
AnMarie

Quote:
Quote: james_taylor at 18***58;53***58;06 Fri May 13 2005
Quote:

For my part James I like sensitive and shy types

I am not attracted to assertive lead-taking types generally
I'm sure that's the case AnMarie but I'm guessing that's down to your own character at the moment, insofar that I personally can find loud and brassy types intimidating and a turn-off whilst sensitive and shy types are often more interesting and well-worth the effort.

But most women like confident, assertive men.
Erm my "own character"? at the moment..
Sorry to say thats a jump to assume, as you do not know me or my mood, personality or character (Emote: smile)

But anyway, I'm at a loss to ure meaning in the above quote.
I am sorry but it seems a tad confusing

As for most wimmin liking confident assertive types... I really don't know. I find other women confusing! :o
I mostly prefer the company of men..summat to do with having two older bros and being a tomboy as a kid methinks
Old 13th May 2005, 20:28
james_taylor

Quote:

Sorry to say thats a jump to assume, as you do not know me or my mood, personality or character
Quote:

Sorry AnMarie, course I don't know you. I was just applying the same logic that I would do with almost everyone who uses the SAUK forums, insofar that someone who was anything from mildly shy to full on agropgobic/panic stricken would probably find confident, self-assured men either a turn-off or intimidating. I don't t
tr>Quote: AnMarie

Sorry to say thats a jump to assume, as you do not know me or my mood, personality or character
Quote:

Sorry AnMarie, course I don't know you. I was just applying the same logic that I would do with almost everyone who uses the SAUK forums, insofar th
rm my "own character"? at the moment..
Quote:

Sorry AnMarie, course I don't know you. I was just applying the same logic that I would do with almost everyone who uses the SAUK forums, insofar that someone who was anything from mildly shy to full on agropgobic/panic stricken would probably find confident, self-assured men eit
Quote:

Sorry AnMarie, course I don't know you. I was just applying the same logic that I would do with almost everyone who uses the SAUK forums, insofar that someone who was anything from mildly shy to full on agropgobic/panic stricken would probably find confident, self-assured men either a turn-off or intimidating. I don't t

Quote:

Sorry AnMarie, course I don't know you. I was just applying the same logic that I would do with almost everyone who uses the SAUK forums, insofar th
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry AnMarie, course I don't know you. I was just applying the same logic that I would do with almost everyone who uses the SAUK forums, insofar that someone who was anything from mildly shy to full on agropgobic/panic stricken would probably find confident, self-assured men eit
Sorry to say thats a jump to assume, as you do[/QUOTE]rm my "own character"? at the moment..
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[/QUOTE]rm my "own character"? at the moment..
Sorry to say thats a jump to assume, as you do[/QUOTE]rm my "own character"? at the moment..
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry AnMarie, course I don't know you. I was just applying the same logic that I would do with almost everyone who uses the SAUK forums, insofar th[/QUOTE]rm my "own character"? at the moment..
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry AnMarie, course I don't know you. I was just applying the same logic that I would do with almost everyone who uses the SAUK forums, insofar that someone who was anything from mildly shy to full on agropgobic/panic stricken would probably find confident, self-assured men eit[/QUOTE]rm my "own character"? at the moment..
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry AnMarie, course I don't know you. I was just applying the same logic that I would do with almost everyone who uses the SAUK forums, insofar th[/QUOTE]rm my "own character"? at the moment..
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry AnMarie, course I don't know you. I was just applying the same logic that I would do with almost everyone who uses the SAUK forums, insofar that someone who was anything from mildly shy to full on agropgobic/panic stricken would probably find confident, self-assured men eit[/QUOTE]rm my "own character"? at the moment..
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry AnMarie, course I don't know you. I was just applying the same logic that I would do with almost everyone who uses the SAUK forums, insofar that someone who was anything from mildly shy to full on agropgobic/panic stricken would probably find confident, self-assured men either a turn-off or intimidating. I don't t[/QUOTE]tr>Quote: AnMarie

Sorry AnMarie, course I don't know you. I was just applying the same logic that I would do with almost everyone who uses the SAUK forums, insofar that someone who was anything from mildly shy to full on agropgobic/panic stricken would probably find confident, self-assured men either a turn-off or intimidating. I don't think this is a altogether inlogical assumption.

Old 13th May 2005, 20:28
james_taylor

Ooops what happened there! I appear to have broken stuff.(Emote: smash3) [1 edits; Last edit by james_taylor at 19:29:30 Fri May 13 2005]
Old 13th May 2005, 20:30
Remus

Quote:

Take a scenario, a woman asks her boyfriend if he is doing anything the weekend. Would she rather he said

(i) "Well there's a beautiful hotel I know up in the lake district. How about if you're not doing anything, I could try get us a reservation, I can drive us up there. It's a great place, I'm sure we'd have a fantastic time."

or

(ii) "Well I guess I've not really thought about it much. I've not spoken to anyone yet, I don't know. Maybe get a movie out, call for a takeaway or something. You could join me if you like. That's if you aren't doing anything."
how about this for a scenario

(i) hey I'm great fun but shagging your mate behind your back

(ii) I'm not exciting but stable and loyal
Old 13th May 2005, 20:34
Remus

Quote:

After a self-imposed time in the wilderness, with only meaningless flings for company
that might be why you have a singular approach to this subject

Old 13th May 2005, 20:42
james_taylor

Remus, being exciting and faithful are not mutually exclusive. I don't know why anyone would think it is one or the other. As for the other stuff about my singular approach, well I don't understand what you're getting at.
Old 14th May 2005, 00:03
darkhorse

That is what I kind of think about myself - loyal and not exciting (apart from being mentally unpredictable). Though a problem I have is that I'm not sure about that, because I have had some very extrovert friends and kept them entertained so I'm not sure what that means about me. Apart from more confused.

But I can't imagine being attracted to someone who finds being boring an acceptable quality.

[1 edits; Last edit by darkhorse at 23:04:02 Fri May 13 2005]
Closed Thread