SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 4th October 2015, 05:39

Default Do you like other people looking at your phone?

Recently I've started to use my phone to communicate more with people on what's app, or text who I haven't met before but feel that family members may think it's odd, my sister wanted to use my phone earlier and I thought hope nobody messages me!
Old 4th October 2015, 05:49

Default Re: Do you like other people looking at your phone?

I probably would let anyone look at my phone as I'm laid back, there's nothing that would surprise anyone.

When I was with my ex though I'd try to hide my phone from him at all times, not because I didn't want him to read texts etc but because I didn't want him to have that power over me but he'd just beat me to get it so I lost
Old 4th October 2015, 09:04

Mood
Angelic

Yup, they can grab it whenever.

They can't do anything on it without my fingerprint however, so good luck!
Old 4th October 2015, 09:09

I don't like other people looking at my phone, not because there's anything on there that I wouldn't want them to see, just because I'm a private person.

I spent a good couple of years leaving my phone face down when I wasn't using it around family members so they couldn't see messages coming through. I wish I hadn't. You're better off being upfront about it and if they ask say you're messaging friends from online. We spend too much time hiding things from others.
Old 4th October 2015, 09:56

Mood
Dreaming

^ Neither do I.
Phones are very personal possessions these days.
Old 4th October 2015, 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloSunshine
I don't like other people looking at my phone, not because there's anything on there that I wouldn't want them to see, just because I'm a private person.
Likewise, I don't have anything on my phone i wouldn't be bothered if people saw--Well, there's some photos of me cuddling my cat like a big softy that i'd not be too keen on people seeing, and my search history on the browser would be cause for some mild embarrassment ("Why are you searching for 'Mature Japanese BBWs', and what the hell is 'the Voynich Manuscript'?" etc.)--but I still would not let anyone look on my phone because I'm also a very private person.

On topic: I was watching a televised poker tournament the other day and some of the players at the table were betting on how many contacts they thought other players at the table had on their phones. The numbers they were going with caused me to feel slightly ashamed: typically they were guessing in the 700 range. 700! I have two contacts on my phone, both of them family members. They all fell about laughing when one guy showed he'd only got 25 contacts on his phone. Thank **** i'd not been there and they'd seen mine...
Old 4th October 2015, 11:30
Banned

Here's mine:

It's my 'nuclear' phone (hence the colour).

I only use it to contact (via intermediaries) the commander of Britain's active patrolling Trident submarine to give him the 'go' code (or authorisation). If the code I give him matches the code in a safe on board the submarine, then he and a lieutenant will enter the code on a launch console in different rooms on the submarine and simultaneously (within one second) turn a key, which they keep about their person at all times, 90 degrees to the right to launch a retaliatory attack using all sixteen thermonuclear warheads at destinations of my choosing.

It is likely that when the commander receives this order, I, and London, shall be destroyed in a 'decapitation first strike' by the enemy. My cabinet will also likely be eliminated. Britain shall also be mortally wounded. The submarine's commander will then seek shelter in a foreign and friendly port unless it, too, has been destroyed.

Or I call my mum.

PS:

I don't have a track called So Happy on my phone (I have used a stock photo for security reasons).
Old 4th October 2015, 11:32

Mood
Angelic

Does it annoy you when you offer to show something on your phone to someone and their first instinct is to grab it?

It really irritates me.
Old 4th October 2015, 12:08
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydrah
Does it annoy you when you offer to show something on your phone to someone and their first instinct is to grab it?

It really irritates me.
Can I hold your handset?
Old 4th October 2015, 12:08

Mood
Angelic

No.
Old 4th October 2015, 12:11
Banned

Quote:
No.
Can I just stroke it?
Old 4th October 2015, 12:16

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:

It really irritates me.
YES.
Old 4th October 2015, 12:26

I don't have any qualms over people using my phone, but I guess it depends on the circumstances. Like Panda Pop, I would definitely not allow a partner to actually root through my phone, I would be uncomfortable with the feeling of surveillance - same for email/FB etc., it is an invasion of privacy. Just to see my phone/the messages that pop up/borrowing my phone to call or text does not bother me. I think just because I generally have absolutely nothing private on my phone.